Author Topic: Ice Cube Wants Friday Commercial Pulled  (Read 247 times)

KURUPTION-81

Ice Cube Wants Friday Commercial Pulled
« on: November 23, 2002, 11:34:20 AM »
From www.allhiphop.com

Ice Cube is attempting to pull a controversial commercial for his latest movie, "Friday After Next." The advertisement raised eyebrows when it displayed three African-American women in succession with the words "Ho, Ho, Ho" stamped over them.

"It was done out of context [of the movie]," Cube told AllHipHop.com. "Marketing people to me are a**holes who don't know what the f**k they are doing."

Cube said that he didn't have anything to do with the advertisements, saying that the decision came from New Line Cinema, the company that is releasing the movie.

"They will pull the ads if they know what's good for them," Cube continued. "If they don't, [whatever happens] is on them."

Cube's Friday franchise of movies and his other films "All About The Benjamins" and "Barbershop," have raked in $185 million on a combined budget of only $40 million.

"Friday After Next," hits theaters today (Nov. 22.)

In related news, Ice Cube's first four albums, Amerikkka's Most Wanted, Death Certificate, Lethal Injection, and The Predator will be reissued with new bonus tracks February 25. In addition, A DVD, titled Ice Cube: The Video Collection, will be released. The DVD will feature Ice Cube's first 15 videos

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice Cube Wants Friday Commercial Pulled
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 11:41:31 AM »
In related news, Ice Cube's first four albums, Amerikkka's Most Wanted, Death Certificate, Lethal Injection, and The Predator will be reissued with new bonus tracks February 25. In addition, A DVD, titled Ice Cube: The Video Collection, will be released. The DVD will feature Ice Cube's first 15 videos

dam that sounds tite i want that video collection

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 12:15:53 PM »
A DVD, titled Ice Cube: The Video Collection, will be released. The DVD will feature Ice Cube's first 15 videos

That's what Cube fan's have been waiting for...
dope news.

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 02:01:36 PM »
I'm buying that DVD right away. I hope it has ALL his videos especially the old school ones like "Who's The Mack" and "True To The Game". I haven't seen the "Check Yo' Self" video for about a decade and miss that shit. Luckily, I got "It Was A Good Day" recorded about 10 times on my old videotape.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2002, 04:14:22 AM »
"Ho, Ho, Ho", lol, some people have no sense of humour, why get offended? This is a COMEDY after all.

That DVD sounds tight, wonder what bonus tracks are gonna be added to the re-issued versions of his albums too, wonder if their new tracks.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.