Author Topic: paid the cost to be the boss  (Read 2511 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:paid the cost to be the boss
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2002, 11:53:29 AM »
YEAH BOSS PLAYA IS DEF BEST TRACK ON THE CD FOR ME WITH PAPER'D UP.....

anyways.....

don doggy - ummm

da boss would like 2 see you - damn this shit is amazin in my opinion.......love the way snoops be sayin the boss would like 2 you...anyways this should have been linked up with the actual intro...would have been one dope intro,lol......if ya know what i mean

stoplight - kinda dope....snoop comes tight, beats a lil wierd - 4/5

chuuch to palace - sick flow from snoop and tite lyrics....beat missin a melody....sumthang snoops style suits...4/5

i believe in you.......neeeds to go 2.5/5

lolipop - damn this shit i tight, like the beat, snoop comes correct on this.......ncie verse from the start 4/5

ballin - great track, real neat for a battlecat beat....4.5/5

beautiful - oh shiiit.........damn this is tite......a lil rnb with the hook but damn, this could blow up big time......major heat.......would have been even better in the summer...5/5

paper'd up - how can u hate on this track......amazing beat......snoop n mr kane come tight as fuck - 5/5

wasnt your fault.......3.5/5 not bad not great

boss playa - ohhh shit this albums goin on strong as this stage........damn fav track off the album yet....5/5

hourglass......sumthang a lil different - 3.5/5

the one and only - 4/5.......nice track

i miss that bitch.......not my typa thang, but snoop comes real tight on this....snoop made this song.....4/5

from long beach to brick city - nice red n snoop verse......dope hook from nate 4/5

suited n booted - not my typa snoop track.......3.5/5

you got what i want......shits dope greta snoop verse n luda verse which shocked me...4/5

batman n robin.........damn! wasnt expectin ti to be like this, but its kool to........4/5

pimp slapp'd - 4.5/5.........snoops flow on this is amazing

overall.......a 4.4-4.5 outta 5 cd for me

NIGGAZ DONT SLEEP ON THIS ALBUM JUS CUZ DRE AINT DOIN BEATS FOR IT....COP IT, SHITS DOPE......IMO

peace

batman n ro

Pillow

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2002, 07:12:10 PM »
This CD was a dissapointment, i wont even comment on it.

Snoop_da_BOSS

paid the cost to be the boss ( my review )
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2002, 11:36:38 AM »
So, yeah, dat's my review of Snoop's last album "Paid Tha Cost To Be Da BOSS", check dis out....

1. "Don Doggy", just a wack intro...
2. "Da Bo$$ would like to see you", pretty good, but short song, I liked it...
3. "Stoplight", with all tha respect to Snoop, this one is one of the worst on the album, and tha name is GAY!!!
4. "From tha Chuuch to da Palace", not bad, different, but not the best... still, I like the style.
5. "I believe in you", Latoiya Williams with her beautiful voice, and Snoop's soft lyrics dis time, make dis song a really nice and sweet one... not bad...
6. "Lollipop", wat can I say 'bout it? It's worst listenin to it, at least 'cause of such features as Jay-Z, Soopafly, Nate Dogg. An dthe song itself is pretty good, with a nice vibe.
7. "Ballin'", tellin' tha truth I didn't like it very much, cause here Snoop decided to bring The Dramatics back to the ground, dat doesn't sound like Snoop's music at all... but it's relaxin'....
8. "Beautiful", nothin special, just one of the songs...
9. "Paper'd Up", dat song is really good!!! One of my favourite on the album, wicked remix w/ Mr.Kane and Traci Nelson. Just listen to Snoop when he says: "...money, money, money, money..."
10. "Wasn't your fault", dis1 is just solid... "u can't control these hos."
11. "BO$$ PLAYA", nothin' special... but the appearance of DMJ.
12. "Hourglass", Mr.Kane, G.Loc, help Snoop do his thang, not bad...
13. "The One and Only", one of the best songs on da album, wicked scratches, and beat... phrases from famous songs... PHAT!
14. "I miss that bitch", i like both Snoop and E-White, but they should have been really stoned when recordin dis shitty song...
15. "From Long Beach 2 Brick City", really good, plus u get the whole 213 w/ Redman in 1 song, what is fuckin nice... worth checkin out.
16. "Suited 'n Booted", dat is Snoop's story, he keeps it real... you got to do it... fa shizzle my nizzle...
17. "You Got What I Want", damn, dawg, I didn't expect dis kinda beat from Snoop, but dat is a 100% hit, man!!! Plus appearance of Luda, G.Loc, Charlie Wilson... If u haven't heard it, ur loss...
18. "Batman & Robin", I dunno why Snoop decided to make dis song, but it should be on tha next soundrack 4 next "Batman and Robin", if there will be one... hehe
19. "Message 2 Fat CUZZ", yo y'all should listen to this, Suge Knight, eat this, fucka!!! It ain't over, muthafuckeaz!!! Damn, good skit...
20. "Pimp Slapp'd", tha last, tha longest, and one of tha best songs on the album, wicked lyrics, not bad rythm, man...

So, yeah, dat's all my review, dawg, if you like it tell me... I'll give dis album 8 out of 10 points. Keep it real, man...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2002, 12:44:48 PM by Snoop_da_BOSS »

Snoop_da_BOSS

paid the cost to be the boss ( my review )
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2002, 11:36:56 AM »
  Snoop_da_BOSS So, yeah, dat's my review of snoop's last album "Paid Tha Cost To Be Da BOSS", check dis out....

1. "Don Doggy", just a wack intro...
2. "Da Bo$$ would like to see you", pretty good, but short song, I liked it...
3. "Stoplight", with all tha respect to Snoop, this one is one of the worst on the album, and tha name is GAY!!!
4. "From tha Chuuch to da Palace", not bad, different, but not the best... still, I like the style.
5. "I believe in you", Latoiya Williams with her beautiful voice, and Snoop's soft lyrics dis time, make dis song a really nice and sweet one... not bad...
6. "Lollipop", wat can I say 'bout it? It's worst listenin to it, at least 'cause of such features as Jay-Z, Soopafly, Nate Dogg. An dthe song itself is pretty good, with a nice vibe.
7. "Ballin'", tellin' tha truth I didn't like it very much, cause here Snoop decided to bring The Dramatics back to the ground, dat doesn't sound like Snoop's music at all... but it's relaxin'....
8. "Beautiful", nothin special, just one of the songs...
9. "Paper'd Up", dat song is really good!!! One of my favourite on the album, wicked remix w/ Mr.Kane and Traci Nelson. Just listen to Snoop when he says: "...money, money, money, money..."
10. "Wasn't your fault", dis1 is just solid... "u can't control these hos."
11. "BO$$ PLAYA", nothin' special... but the appearance of DMJ.
12. "Hourglass", Mr.Kane, G.Loc, help Snoop do his thang, not bad...
13. "The One and Only", one of the best songs on da album, wicked scratches, and beat... phrases from famous songs... PHAT!
14. "I miss that bitch", i like both Snoop and E-White, but they should have been really stoned when recordin dis shitty song...
15. "From Long Beach 2 Brick City", really good, plus u get the whole 213 w/ Redman in 1 song, what is fuckin nice... worth checkin out.
16. "Suited 'n Booted", dat is Snoop's story, he keeps it real... you got to do it... fa shizzle my nizzle...
17. "You Got What I Want", damn, dawg, I didn't expect dis kinda beat from Snoop, but dat is a 100% hit, man!!! Plus appearance of Luda, G.Loc, Charlie Wilson... If u haven't heard it, ur loss...
18. "Batman & Robin", I dunno why Snoop decided to make dis song, but it should be on tha next soundrack 4 next "Batman and Robin", if there will be one... hehe
19. "Message 2 Fat CUZZ", yo y'all should listen to this, Suge Knight, eat this, fucka!!! It ain't over, muthafuckeaz!!! Damn, good skit...
20. "Pimp Slapp'd", tha last, tha longest, and one of tha best songs on the album, wicked lyrics, not bad rythm, man...

So, yeah, dat's all my review, dawg, if you like it tell me... I'll give dis album 8 out of 10 points. Keep it real, man...[/glow]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2002, 12:43:59 PM by Snoop_da_BOSS »

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2002, 10:28:03 PM »
5/10 [size=20]Bitch Pleez !!![/size]
this ain't no dawm review, this is a sucker view, even the so called haters are so cheap ass... u need to quit hatin kid  :o
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2002, 08:49:50 AM »
5/10 Bitch Pleez !!!
this ain't no dawm review, this is a sucker view, even the so called haters are so cheap ass... u need to quit hatin kid  :o

::)

verbalassaulta

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2002, 06:37:23 PM »
actually after a month...i would consider 5/10 a gift...the album is not selling at all...i can honestly say i dont know anybody personally who thinks the album is any good...i have never had it in my cd player for more than 10 minutes at a time since the first week...im a huge snoop(nl topp dogg and doggystyle are 5/5 in my opinion so you cant just call me a hater) fan and very discouraged by this album...  i listened to dead man walking and da game more than this one...its not a west coast album at all...  this album doesnt even deserve to be in my cd case let alone in my cd player

Snoop_da_BOSS

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2002, 08:01:07 PM »
boss playa is the best song on the cd...why yall sleepin?

I actually think "Paper'd Up" iz da best song on da album, Tech, but "Boss Playa" is phat... Chuuch!!!

Rag_J

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2002, 12:18:04 PM »
Paid tha cost is ahead of it's ma-fuccing time.

It's not the best Snoop has spit, but it's not the worst.
However, I think 2003 will be a great year for Doggystyle, lotsa releases, especially the 213 REUNION ALBUM OHHWEEEEH!

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2002, 09:41:23 PM »
Posted by: verbalassaulta Posted on: December 24, 2002, 08:37:23 PM
actually after a month...i would consider 5/10 a gift...the album is not selling at all...i can honestly say i dont know anybody personally who thinks the album is any good...i have never had it in my cd player for more than 10 minutes at a time since the first week...im a huge snoop(nl topp dogg and doggystyle are 5/5 in my opinion so you cant just call me a hater) fan and very discouraged by this album...  i listened to dead man walking and da game more than this one...its not a west coast album at all...  this album doesnt even deserve to be in my cd case let alone in my cd player  

verbalassaulta speaks the truth

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2002, 10:21:57 AM »
Like I said in the other post, this album is a def. 4/5. I thought it was wack at first, but grew on me like crazy after a few listens... now I love this album.

min0rity

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2002, 11:18:19 AM »
1. "Don Doggy",
2. "Da Bo$$ would like to see you",
3. "Stoplight", 5/5
4. "From tha Chuuch to da Palace", 4/5
5. "I believe in you", 3.5/5
6. "Lollipop", 4/5
7. "Ballin'", 4/5
8. "Beautiful", 4/5
9. "Paper'd Up", 4/5
10. "Wasn't your fault", 3.5/5
11. "BO$$ PLAYA", 3/5
12. "Hourglass", 3/5
13. "The One and Only", 4/5
14. "I miss that bitch", 3/5
15. "From Long Beach 2 Brick City", 4/5
16. "Suited 'n Booted", 3.5/5
17. "You Got What I Want", 3.5/5
18. "Batman & Robin", 3.5/5
19. "Message 2 Fat CUZZ",
20. "Pimp Slapp'd", 5/5

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2003, 08:38:15 AM »
Don Doggy- ???

Da boss would like to see you-4/5 good beats and song, short though..

Stoplight-4.25/5 i like it.. its a bit of a weird song and all rapping about cruisin down the freeway and ta hell with stoplights. but whatever i guess he makes it good.

From the Chuuuch to da palce-3.5/5 i like the style, but its deffenetly not my fav song..

i beleive in you-2/5 this is my least fav song!! cant be on the cd!

Lollipop-3.25/5 not a bad song i like it a bit, im not too keen on Jay-Z in it though, not sure what he's doin in here

ballin-4/5 it isnt quite Snoop in my opinion, its aight i guess though. but a battlecat beat to it, also like Snoop_DA_Boss said, its relaxin.

Beatiful-5/5 i really enjoy listening to this song, its also relaxin fuh meh, and just a great song.

Paper'd up-5/5 its one of my fav songs on tha album, another great one to listen to regularly.

Wasnt your fault-3.25/5 nothin special to it.

Bo$$ Playa-5/5 this is defenetly one of the best songs on the cd and one of my favs!

Hourglass-5/5 this is my favourite song on the whole CD i love the beat and everything to it.

The One and Onky-5/5 this is also one of my favs, just awesome beats, awesome everything.

I miss that bitch-3/5 i guess its aight, but not muh fav or anything just a song.

From Longbeach to brick city-4.25/5 not a bad song, im not sure why Redman is in here, Snoop got him to sell i think, now i like Redman dont get me wrong, but im not sure why he's on Snoop's album, i think it'd be better if Method Man was on.

Suited n' Booted-4/5-Its a good song to listen to, but i dont seem to listen to it none stop like i do with the one and only, and hourglass.

You got what i want-3/5 its aight, but its kinda like with longbeach2brickcity, Ludacris is in there because Snoop wants to sell this shit. Im not the biggest fan of luda either.

Batman & Robin-3.5/5 its kind of a stupid thing to rap about, batman and robin?? WTF. c'mon snoop.. give us some better shit then this.

a message to Fat Cuzz-???

Pimp Slapp'd-5/5 Great song in my opinion its another one of those songs i always like to listen to

Overall album rating- 4/5 i think he should get with Warren G in more songs, GET WITH DRE!! and get some better fuckin rappers then luda and jay-z etc.. DAZ!! KURUPT!!! ETC!

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2003, 03:40:50 PM »
i agree with verbalassaulta 100%  :D this album was a huge disappointment

Foesum

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2003, 06:48:37 PM »
i'll rate my fav off the album

3 Stop light - 4.5
9 papered up - 4.5
13...one and only - 4.5
15..long beach - 5
18...batman and robin 4.5

these are the illest tracks off the album.