Poll

Does Eminem have 3 classics?

Yes-  Cuz Im a fuckin idiot who was introduced to Hip Hop when i heard "My Name Is"
6 (21.4%)
Nah, maybe one classic, but definitely not 3
11 (39.3%)
Fuck No...do i look like a dick rider to you
11 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Does Eminem have 3 classics?  (Read 1122 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Does Eminem have 3 classics?
« on: November 23, 2002, 01:59:27 PM »
Hey Drama Queen, I did what ya asked..

stupid biitch thinks Em has 3 classics.....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
Re:Does Eminem have 3 classics?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 02:12:14 PM »
1 classic and 2 very dope albums...SSLP was classic...MMLP and Eminem Show are very dope 4/5 albums...He was part of 2001 so he's been on 2 classics...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

_E_A_Z_Y_

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 02:35:02 PM »
look, i respect him and dr. dre, but some beats on TES were bad ( some tracks sound like Pop- music ) the other two albums were good, but not classic!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 03:13:44 PM »
no

elneckio

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2002, 03:23:39 PM »
only the one :O
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2002, 05:48:29 PM »
Yes.  Eminem has 3 classics.  And no, I wasn't introduced to hip-hop with "My Name Is."  I had been an avid fan since the Chronic dropped in 93.

Eminem's 3 albums are superior albums.  Lyrically they are equal to "Illmatic" and the production is equal to "2001".

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2002, 06:19:55 PM »
Yes.  Eminem has 3 classics.  And no, I wasn't introduced to hip-hop with "My Name Is."  I had been an avid fan since the Chronic dropped in 93.

Eminem's 3 albums are superior albums.  Lyrically they are equal to "Illmatic" and the production is equal to "2001".

Slow your roll homie...Equal to Illmatic?...Production to 2001?...Your comparing his albums to THE BEST LYRICAL ALBUM OF ALL TIME...I like Eminem but he ain't seeing Nas in his Illmatic days...And the Eminem show has wack beats compared to 2001 which is 5/5 in terms of production...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2002, 06:28:44 PM »
Fuck no he doesnt have 3 classics. Do you know how hard it is to make 3 classics?? Even some of the all times greats, who are far greater than Em, dont have 3 classics. Making 3 classic albums is a rarity. And NONE of Em's albums are even close to Illmatic. Whoever says otherwise is a blatant dickrider.

I think Em is one of the best MC's alive today, but I dont consider any of his albums to be classic.

My list of artists who've made 3 classics:

2Pac
Wu Tang Clan
Tribe Called Quest
Ice Cube
Outkast
Gang Starr
« Last Edit: November 23, 2002, 06:29:57 PM by hellrazor »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2002, 07:15:56 PM »
"Nah, maybe one classic, but definitely not 3"

"Slim Shady lp" came outta nowhere and opened the door for this talented rapper but since then.......his comedy and shock value have became more like hitting repeat on "My name is..."

Eminem has alot of dope collab's & features on soundtrack's such as:
"Words are weapons"
"If I get locked up tonight"
"Don't approach me"
"Bad influence"
"Renegades"
"8-mile OST"...ect

which makes one wonder why he wastes such rhymes on his actual cd's and places filler's instead such as:
"The real slim Shady"
"I'm back"
"Amityville"
"KIM"
"Under the influence"
--------------------
"Business"
"Square dance"
"Drips"
"Without me"
"Say what you say"

Dope beats....but what else..?

Those tracks ImO are not going to last in content and replay value over the years....the subject matter bout his wife and Mother will change over the years and names mentioned in those rap's will be forgotten over time and make one say why the fuck did they get mentioned?.....plus can you imagine a concert in 10 years with Eminem dissin' those peep's?....lol

If Eminem was to place the track's from "8-mile" for those highlited song's from "The Eminem show" then we would have 2 classic's instead of one....ImO

He's not GOD....
He's not Invincible...
He's just a good rapper remember there is plenty of those.
His Fanatic's are prick's who are using his name in a context that will take an entire lifetime to use along side with him.
The song "Stan" is a Gem cause of them...
I've heard worse....and better.
To me he is just another voice of the moment it happen's people this is music..
Where will u be in 10 years?

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2002, 07:49:46 PM »
Eminem is the God M.C. He has three classics. He has made the greatest songs in the history of mankind with "Cleaning Out My Closet" and "Lose Yourself". He is the best lyricist because he can spit multi-syllables and his subject matter is the most original ever. He got second place in the Rap Olympics although he used those lines before but he still was second place. WE COULD HAVE BEEN TOGETHER!

Pillow

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2002, 09:02:24 PM »

i mos definetley agree

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2002, 09:58:07 PM »

agreed
 illmatic is lyrically (rhyming wise) better  and 2001 is produced better though

sslp=classic
mmlp=classic
eminem show=classic....your a musical scrub if you can't appreciate this album
« Last Edit: November 23, 2002, 10:06:47 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2002, 10:04:09 PM »
Fuck no he doesnt have 3 classics. Do you know how hard it is to make 3 classics?? Even some of the all times greats, who are far greater than Em, dont have 3 classics. Making 3 classic albums is a rarity. And NONE of Em's albums are even close to Illmatic. Whoever says otherwise is a blatant dickrider.

I think Em is one of the best MC's alive today, but I dont consider any of his albums to be classic.

My list of artists who've made 3 classics:

2Pac
Wu Tang Clan
Tribe Called Quest
Ice Cube
Outkast
Gang Starr

2pac yes has 3 classics
tribe yes has 3 classics
Cube yes has 3 and then some classics
outkast yes has 3 and then some

but the only wu tang album that is classic is enter the wu.....the w and iron flag were straight up bullshit, wu tang forever was too long and a 4 mic album even if you trimmed of the fat....solo albums don't count towards a group classic, and if you want to know the truth i don't think gangstar have 1 classic......the closest they've come is 4.5, but i won't give any of their albums a 5

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

H2O proof MC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm the muthafuckin man like homo erectus
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2002, 12:00:44 AM »
I'm a big as fan of Eminem as anyone.....but does anyone else think that when hes on mixtapes, freestyles, guest appearences, that his shit is leaps and bounds ahead of his album shit?  Oh and I think he has only dropped one classic album , with the others being great, but not classic in my opinion

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2002, 12:26:49 AM »
This has to be the most foolish thing Ive ever heard on this board

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll