Poll

Does Eminem have 3 classics?

Yes-  Cuz Im a fuckin idiot who was introduced to Hip Hop when i heard "My Name Is"
6 (21.4%)
Nah, maybe one classic, but definitely not 3
11 (39.3%)
Fuck No...do i look like a dick rider to you
11 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Does Eminem have 3 classics?  (Read 1121 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Does Eminem have 3 classics?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2002, 03:40:22 AM »
I think as far as his albums go he has 1 legit classic (SSLP), the other 2 are great albums but not quite classics imo, maybe that will all change in a few years though, I mean alot of albums weren't considered classics by alot of people when they first dropped i.e "Illmatic". Classics are like fine wines, they get better with time  ;) lol. Naw but seriously, i'd give Em a classic rating for "Infinite" too, so i'd say he has 2 classic records right now. He's had plenty of classic songs though.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Jome

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2002, 04:16:05 AM »
He does not have 3 classics.
It's kinda strange argumenting that SSLP is classic just because it was "new and fresh", when MMLP & ES was better both lyrically & beat-wise.

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2002, 06:44:55 AM »
1 Classic album dat was SSLP... PERIOD.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Pillow

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2002, 11:59:41 AM »
This has to be the most foolish thing Ive ever heard on this board

trust me, theres been worse lol. and whats so bad about this topic?

Sub-Z

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2002, 01:48:32 PM »
no he doesnt even have 1 classic

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2002, 01:49:34 PM »
Fuck no he doesnt have 3 classics. Do you know how hard it is to make 3 classics?? Even some of the all times greats, who are far greater than Em, dont have 3 classics. Making 3 classic albums is a rarity. And NONE of Em's albums are even close to Illmatic. Whoever says otherwise is a blatant dickrider.

I think Em is one of the best MC's alive today, but I dont consider any of his albums to be classic.

My list of artists who've made 3 classics:

2Pac
Wu Tang Clan
Tribe Called Quest
Ice Cube
Outkast
Gang Starr

2pac yes has 3 classics
tribe yes has 3 classics
Cube yes has 3 and then some classics
outkast yes has 3 and then some

but the only wu tang album that is classic is enter the wu.....the w and iron flag were straight up bullshit, wu tang forever was too long and a 4 mic album even if you trimmed of the fat....solo albums don't count towards a group classic, and if you want to know the truth i don't think gangstar have 1 classic......the closest they've come is 4.5, but i won't give any of their albums a 5

Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords count, because they were basically group albums with Raekwon and GZA on every song.....they're just as much group albums as Enter The Wu is.......

And Gang Starr dont have any classics?? ROFLMAO....Moment Of Truth is one of the greatest albums ever, and Daily Operation and Hard 2 Earn are definatly arguably classics.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Pillow

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2002, 02:36:33 PM »
no he doesnt even have 1 classic
LOL ooooooooooooooook

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2002, 06:10:09 PM »
Em doesnt have a classic
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2002, 06:35:56 PM »
Em doesnt have a classic

There's an album that came out within the last few years...It's called the SlimShady LP...You should give it a listen...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2002, 06:52:41 PM »
lol this board is funny... Ur always callin the debut albums classics but cant admit it if the rapper actually drops another classic.. in my opinion, we gotta give his albums some time before we judge

Jome

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2002, 07:05:30 PM »
lol this board is funny... Ur always callin the debut albums classics but cant admit it if the rapper actually drops another classic.. in my opinion, we gotta give his albums some time before we judge

Yes indeed.
According to this board, all rappers first album are always classic.
And from there it goes downhill, resulting in "falling off" when the rapper might infact release his best album.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2002, 08:08:36 PM »
eminem show is the only album i liked

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2002, 03:11:00 AM »

Yes indeed.
And from there it goes downhill, resulting in "falling off" when the rapper might infact release his best album.

Not all rapper's debut's are classic, but in many cases you'll find that the first is always the best because they are hungrier then, they tend to put their all into their first. But take 2Pac for instance, he got better with every album, and alot of people don't consider his first a classic. It all depends, but I personally wouldn't call an album 'classic' simply because it's a debut, thats just stupid.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Jome

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2002, 06:41:56 PM »

Yes indeed.

Not all rapper's debut's are classic, but in many cases you'll find that the first is always the best because they are hungrier then, they tend to put their all into their first. But take 2Pac for instance, he got better with every album, and alot of people don't consider his first a classic. It all depends, but I personally wouldn't call an album 'classic' simply because it's a debut, thats just stupid.

Looked from the other side, you might say that rappers gets more skilled, smarter & more polished when they have been in the game for a while.
Rappers 1st albums often sound a little amateurish beat-wise, a little shaky & maybe a little childish lyric-wise, and the rapper might even rhyme the same words, and sometimes also the wrong words.
People give them props because they haven't heard the rapper before, and therefore not his voice & maybe not his beats. It's new and exciting.

When the 2nd & 3rd album arrive, we all know his talent, his problems in life, his mama & his daughter/son, and we have heard a little of his story before, even if it's much better told now.
We have heard it before, it's old news.
That is the reason why so many people call 1st albums classic.

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2002, 08:03:54 PM »

Yes indeed.

2pac is a rare exception...Nas, Biggie, Jay-z, Snoop , 4 of the biggest rappers of all time all had classic 1st albums and never duplicated them...Stillmatic, Blueprint, LAD and Doggfather were all dope but not close to their debuts...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy