Poll

Does Eminem have 3 classics?

Yes-  Cuz Im a fuckin idiot who was introduced to Hip Hop when i heard "My Name Is"
6 (21.4%)
Nah, maybe one classic, but definitely not 3
11 (39.3%)
Fuck No...do i look like a dick rider to you
11 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Does Eminem have 3 classics?  (Read 1120 times)

DoLLaBiLL_33

• Lil Geezy
  • Keep it Compton
Re:Does Eminem have 3 classics?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2002, 11:50:28 PM »
Eminem has nothing even close to a classic. His albums are always a watered down shell of the battle rapper Eminem that I like. All he does is whine about irrelevant things on his albums...

Slim Shady LP---Above Average
Marshall Mathers LP---Below Average
Eminem Show---Average

It's that simple. All of you dickriders need to get off his beats too. They're okay, but there are so many other better producers its ridiculous...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2002, 11:50:55 PM by DoLLaBiLL_33 »
*LA..Where 80% of the population Gang Bang

*I gotta keep the P in it baby, mothafuck you hoes

*I'm a roll model, ya I roll models in and out of my room at night lookin' guilty with they hole hollow

*Gang Bang ? The name of ya album ain't the name of ya gang

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2002, 07:46:32 PM »
Fuck no he doesnt have 3 classics. Do you know how hard it is to make 3 classics?? Even some of the all times greats, who are far greater than Em, dont have 3 classics. Making 3 classic albums is a rarity. And NONE of Em's albums are even close to Illmatic. Whoever says otherwise is a blatant dickrider.

I think Em is one of the best MC's alive today, but I dont consider any of his albums to be classic.

My list of artists who've made 3 classics:

2Pac
Wu Tang Clan
Tribe Called Quest
Ice Cube
Outkast
Gang Starr

2pac yes has 3 classics
tribe yes has 3 classics
Cube yes has 3 and then some classics
outkast yes has 3 and then some

but the only wu tang album that is classic is enter the wu.....the w and iron flag were straight up bullshit, wu tang forever was too long and a 4 mic album even if you trimmed of the fat....solo albums don't count towards a group classic, and if you want to know the truth i don't think gangstar have 1 classic......the closest they've come is 4.5, but i won't give any of their albums a 5

Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords count, because they were basically group albums with Raekwon and GZA on every song.....they're just as much group albums as Enter The Wu is.......

And Gang Starr dont have any classics?? ROFLMAO....Moment Of Truth is one of the greatest albums ever, and Daily Operation and Hard 2 Earn are definatly arguably classics.

fine then NWA have 20 classics if you judge by that scale...... ::)

and gangstarr might have a petty RAP classic but musically they don't have a classic album......if guru had an ounce of charisma personality, breath control voice to match his wit and lyrasim and dj premier ACTUALLY created ORIGINAL dope beats that went beyond  a fraction of a music bar and didn'tjack 100% of his beats and mixed the with crappy amiture drum lines, THEN they'd have a true to life classic; i'm sorry

-----000---x-----000---x----  

^ is nothing but the most overused,cliche, amiture, uncreative drum line ever

nice scratcher though

« Last Edit: November 26, 2002, 07:49:20 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2002, 07:51:34 PM »
Em doesnt have a classic

this is coming from a man who thinks dillinger and young gotti is better than doggfood......

the defence rests it's case

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2002, 08:24:44 PM »
tha mmlp is a classic in my eyes

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2002, 12:53:11 PM »
Em doesnt have a classic

[/quote

this is coming from a man who thinks dillinger and young gotti is better than doggfood......

this is coming from a pussy who has to make up false statements by me to make up for his lack of wisdom or knowledge

Ive noticed that thats all u do, conjure up arguments then try to knock em down

"DJ Premo is over rated, Bush should go into Iraq, I got banned but still bitched my way back"

Fuckin wannabe ese white washed Boy Scout fruity ass muthafucka

Eminem doesnt have a fuckin classic, Id like to see yall convince me otherwise
« Last Edit: November 27, 2002, 12:55:49 PM by MILITANT TECH »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2002, 01:03:27 PM »
Fuck no he doesnt have 3 classics. Do you know how hard it is to make 3 classics?? Even some of the all times greats, who are far greater than Em, dont have 3 classics. Making 3 classic albums is a rarity. And NONE of Em's albums are even close to Illmatic. Whoever says otherwise is a blatant dickrider.

Anyone who states otherwise is someone with a different opinion to yours. Just beacuse people dont agree with you doesnt mean that they're instantly a dick rider.. Means they have a brain of their own!

IMO, Eminem has made two classic albums, and one dope album. TES was tight when it first came out.. but what makes a classic is a replay value, TES didnt have replay value, i listened to it for a couple of months then it just got boring, wasn't the same with the other two abums..

I'd love for any narrow minded person to start calling me a dickrider beacuse i have a difference in opinion.

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2002, 03:00:48 PM »
I'll give SSLP the benefit of the doubt, that still leaves him 2 classics short.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2002, 07:03:06 PM »
Em doesnt have a classic

[/quote

this is coming from a pussy who has to make up false statements by me to make up for his lack of wisdom or knowledge

Ive noticed that thats all u do, conjure up arguments then try to knock em down

"DJ Premo is over rated, Bush should go into Iraq, I got banned but still bitched my way back"

Fuckin wannabe ese white washed Boy Scout fruity ass muthafucka

Eminem doesnt have a fuckin classic, Id like to see yall convince me otherwise

false statement.....when? you DID say that shit about DPGC......you don't know jack shit about music bud

if you thnk a piece of shit is better than a classic .....doesn't that say somethng about your knowledge about music

eminem is a supperior lyracist
eminem is the most original rapper along with andre3000
eminem is the best rapper/producer
eminem doen't talk about bullshit
eminem talks abut real emotion
eminem is a REAL artist
eminem can touch many different crowds
eminem has wit
eminem has charisma
eminem can make you laugh
eminem is intellegent

and if eminem talks about irrevelant things......i would like to know what IS relavant...weed, bitches , and slanging??!1? bitch please

dj premier is overrated i can prove and have proved that, no one has came with anything to counter what i say about that ......sure i like listening to him and his shit but seriously it doesn't take a genius to do what he does

yes i think the US should go into Iraq.....i'd go about it differently but yeah we should get rid of him and rebuild that nation

and i got banned to make a gooooo statement that obviously went over your short tempered head

and i'd like to hear your 'wit' filled argument why eminem doesn't have more than 1 classic......that's just blatant bias man.....i hate fuking Chicago (the band not the city, love the city) but i'll give them their fucking props cuz unlike you i'm not musically ignorant

and fuck you for calling me a wanna be white washed 'ese' (lol)  anyone who knows me knows how much i despise that aspect of mexican culture (gangs) and yes i was a cub scout once .....so what! i'd rather be a possitive respective citizen  than a negative little instigating "muslum"  who goes around being proud he's put someone down.....sad  life

« Last Edit: November 27, 2002, 07:08:31 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2002, 07:36:13 PM »
yo u truly are an idiot jake, u need to do some growing up kiddie

still ignorant, still egotistical, still concieted...

i never said DPG was better than Dogg Food, stupid dumb ass quit making up shit just cuz ya cant touch me

that was a nice lil speech about Eminem, but its irrelevant

(watch how this pathetic lil kid gets his argument ripped apart lol)

"eminem is a supperior lyracist
eminem is a REAL artist
eminem has wit
eminem has charisma
eminem is intellegent"

great jake...but im wondering, have u passed your standard grade 9 education cuz its quite evident u cant read

this post isnt about whether em is a "supperior" lyricists, nor are we disputing Em's "intelligence" (how u measured this baffles me)

the question is....Does Em have 3 classics like that drama queen Suge  stated...

your lil useless ramble proved nothing in  that regard..

yes Em is a dope rapper...does he have 3 classics as a result of those skills?

Snoop Dogg can hardly be defined as being a lyricist but he has a classic...do u get it jake? its not a hard concept..

Em doesnt have 3 classics..thats a joke..I'll give him SSLP...maybe thats it...

Yes Em is the biggest rapper alive..but that has more to do with his marketing ability, and target audience and gimmicky commercial songs more than his "classic" material

yes he is a dope lyricists and yes...he has changed the game and influenced it but it wasnt as a result of classic material

all his albums are good....we're not disputing that either..

but if you're tellin me you put SSLP, MMLP and Eminem Show on the same level as other classic material  like Chronic, Makaveli or even Dogg Food or a Regulate, you're quiet foolish

The Judge, Jury and Executioner rests biyatch...

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2002, 08:24:33 PM »
yo u truly are an idiot jake, u need to do some growing up kiddie

still ignorant, still egotistical, still concieted...

i never said DPG was better than Dogg Food, stupid dumb ass quit making up shit just cuz ya cant touch me

that was a nice lil speech about Eminem, but its irrelevant

(watch how this pathetic lil kid gets his argument ripped apart lol)

"eminem is a supperior lyracist
eminem is a REAL artist
eminem has wit
eminem has charisma
eminem is intellegent"

great jake...but im wondering, have u passed your standard grade 9 education cuz its quite evident u cant read

this post isnt about whether em is a "supperior" lyricists, nor are we disputing Em's "intelligence" (how u measured this baffles me)

the question is....Does Em have 3 classics like that drama queen Suge  stated...

your lil useless ramble proved nothing in  that regard..

yes Em is a dope rapper...does he have 3 classics as a result of those skills?

Snoop Dogg can hardly be defined as being a lyricist but he has a classic...do u get it jake? its not a hard concept..

Em doesnt have 3 classics..thats a joke..I'll give him SSLP...maybe thats it...

Yes Em is the biggest rapper alive..but that has more to do with his marketing ability, and target audience and gimmicky commercial songs more than his "classic" material

yes he is a dope lyricists and yes...he has changed the game and influenced it but it wasnt as a result of classic material

all his albums are good....we're not disputing that either..

1 if i'm a kiddie what are you .....i don't go aroud getting personal dissing everyone and taking pride in putting people down, afterall i'm not the one running around doing kiddy crap for a senior prank....check yourself  

2. yes you did, you can go through the archives if you wish and you'll see....you said that crap stopy denying this

3. you said prove to me how eminem has 3 classics.....i listed reasons why he does.....he shows all of those attributes on each album

4.eminem is intellegent becuase he knows how to rhyme efficiently while rhyming about something with substance not just grabbin random words and making a 'tight rap' he can also produce with takes some level of intellect

5. yes snoop has a classic ....but it wouldn't of been a classic without dre

6. how is saying em has 3 classics a joke?? says who, says you, someone who couldn't even tell me who izzy stradlin is?many publications have siad he has at least 2 one ex: is all music people who actually know about music outside of the dpg clique

7.em is the biggest rapper out there becuase he's not talking about bull crap like cash , cars, blunts and bitches,he's talking abut reall life crap which ANYONE can feel , he has one poppy song on his cd or in the last year all of his other singles in the last year were serious songs , and he's also popular becuase people appreciate the fact he puts out good and to many classic albums....that's why they sell in great volumes .....most of em's audience are  nirvana/soundgarden/pearl jam/ metallica/ zeppelin junkies who are accustomed to thourough material.....it's big becuase the music is big......ever notice how the same people in 97 who were THE in thing arn't nearly as popular as em ......that's cuz none of them were as consistant as em

8. "yes he is a dope lyricists and yes...he has changed the game and influenced it but it wasnt as a result of classic material"

think about this quote ......it's a big contradiction.....anyone whose changed the game had to do it with SOMEHING right? this is just getting funny now

9. but if you're tellin me you put SSLP, MMLP and Eminem Show on the same level as other classic material  like Chronic, Makaveli or even Dogg Food or a Regulate, you're quiet foolish

i put all of em's albums ahead of dogg food and regulate and on the same level as  Makaveli........and you know what ...lol i'm sure that list of those albums are 80% of the classics you know to0

The Judge, Jury and Executioner rests biyatch...

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2002, 09:16:34 PM »
he odnt have 3 but he surely gots 2 IMO. im out!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2002, 09:18:24 PM »
he odnt have 3 but he surely gots 2 IMO. im out!!!

thank you

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2002, 03:37:57 AM »
Let's try and keep personal beefs out of this ok guys? Let's keep it within the music 'cos when it sticks to that we have good discussions and I don't want to have to close the thread.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2002, 12:12:32 PM »
I think it's kind of dumb to say that dude has made 3 classics out of 3 albums...I know he's the poster boy for White America but that doesn't mean everything he release is classic...It Was Written is not considered classic but it shits on Eminem's whole catalog...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2002, 12:19:42 PM »
^ thats what im talkin about

and i didnt get personal until this fool couldnt speak properly so he had to make up lies

you still havent proved he has 3 classics...then you agree with a statement that he onlyt has 2, make up ya mind fool

LOL@ all 3 em albums >>regulate, dogg food

you're done man..just give it up

- Lewis Carroll