Author Topic: Whats so great about Crooked I?  (Read 2410 times)

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
Whats so great about Crooked I?
« on: December 27, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »
I know people really like to take this shit to heart (ex: hack wilson, dont get mad, your who came to mind) when you aren't praising Crookeds music the way alot of people around here do, but on some real shit i dont really see anything special about him. He has a terrible flow, trying to fit as many words into one bar as possible and sometimes they dont rhyme or dont make sense, he has some bullshit punchlines and metaphors that aren't unnecessary (ex: if eatin niggas made you obese, i'd be the blob). I can bump a few of his tracks, nwa, this is how we do this, g'd up and banged out, im so crooked. But after listening to his last e.p's, he does not impress me. I think the reason for this is that he does not take time to write his verses, resorts to doing this shit off the top of his head and it just ends up sounding bad. I want to know what it is yall like so much about him. Challenge my opinion if you wish but do back it up, audio is appreciated.

ps: nigga took some time to write this, if you read it its appreciated. sensible responses are welcomed, shit even bullshit responses

fabtoxicp

Re: Whats so great about Crooked I?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »
Crooked I is an xtremely talented mc - no question. Flow, spit-technice whatever.. Dunno if his later catalog is the best proof of his qualities, check out his earlier performnces recorded during his "Big C-Style years". However, Crooked I doesn't really make any "good music" - but dat makes sense, he's an MC - n real MC's usually don't kno how to fucckin create music (ask Chino XL). But put the lil' nigga in a battle-cypher, n I'm sure he's eating up everybody alive..  8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 06:52:18 PM »
not every bar has to ryhme with the bar before
but crooked is/was one of the best rappers to ever touch a mic period
he can and has ripped the mic for many years...and he still is maybe not every song but he still can
hes talented and his wackest song is better than waynes, akon, tpain, rick ross entire life on and off the street
why? cuz its lyricisim at its finest
he isnt jus a normal rapper
hes a dope rapper that hasnt put an album out correct....but the songs that hes put out have been near classic and dope
and not many can rip the mic like he can still to this day

IF YOU THINK THERE ARE BETTER RAPPERS THAN HIM...START DROPPIN  NAMES AND WELL SEE
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 06:54:29 PM »
I've always thought Crooked I was dope and can't really think of any moments where he was "wacK" at all... I just wish he was signed to another label and had different producers around him

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 09:39:25 PM »

can't hate on your opinion, but I think he has a great flow.
what track would u say that his flow was off?

bottom line if he had a team of producers around him the way Game does, he would be huge.
given the amount of music he puts out, his lyrics are still on point.

EFFeX

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 10:19:37 PM »
Shock Post.

thug child

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »
Crooked is aight i knowima get attack 4 this but roccett is better

Rodger Ramrod

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »

lmao....yeah you should get attacked for that

thug child

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 11:19:32 PM »

lmao....yeah you should get attacked for that

u make it sound like roccett aint dope or somethin.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 11:34:15 PM »
Roccett has mad spit and a sense of realism. He can make a better song than Crooked I, but Crook would kill him in a battle.

Something people ain't mention - Crook drops knowledge consistently on tracks. He doesn't go in the booth looking to make a hit. You can tell he's very socially conscious and has tracks with a real message, he just needs to drop that thug image - it doesn't fit his style and it's unnecessary.

thug child

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 11:54:10 PM »
Roccett has mad spit and a sense of realism. He can make a better song than Crooked I, but Crook would kill him in a battle.

Something people ain't mention - Crook drops knowledge consistently on tracks. He doesn't go in the booth looking to make a hit. You can tell he's very socially conscious and has tracks with a real message, he just needs to drop that thug image - it doesn't fit his style and it's unnecessary.

The thug image is neccesary if u want the ghetto to listen to the knowledge your droppin. He could just do like cube and pac and keep it gangsta and sociall conscious at the same time.

Visualize what you can't see

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 12:16:18 AM »
I often go to sleep and dream of waking up in a world where Crooked I drop albums.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 04:03:16 AM »
I often go to sleep and dream of waking up in a world where Crooked I drop albums.

+1 , amen to that

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Africandogg

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 04:22:19 AM »
Dude is good on the mic bt he should reach out to world class producers. These no name cats make his music sound local @ best. I would also appreciate it if dude broadened his messages ths gun talk is jus too much.

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 04:28:58 AM »
crooked i represents real, lyrical rap , reminds me of the great lyricists. these days, when everybody has the same slow flow and old artists imitate youngsters and not the other way like it was before itīs good to see someone like crooked doing his thing with his own style. no one even tries to be original so thatīs one thing that makes crooked i relevant to rap , it used to be a about friendly competition, battling to improve to art.

now that the pioneers did all the work the new comers donīt have to do shit but say the same punchlines all over again , sell ringtones and the kids learn that the best thing in life you can achieve in life is a fucking diamond chain and a whip with big wheels. crooked i tries to keep the original art alive

that being said, i rarely listen to dude. i find most of his shit a bit boring, especially the new stuff. i like crooked in small doses but it would be awesome to witness the man perform live.  i donīt have to like everything this man does to recognise his skills

my point is, this kind of guy is needed in hip hop even if his style doesnīt please everyone