Author Topic: Whats so great about Crooked I?  (Read 2418 times)

Portugoal

Re: Whats so great about Crooked I?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 04:29:54 AM »
I know people really like to take this shit to heart (ex: hack wilson, dont get mad, your who came to mind) when you aren't praising Crookeds music the way alot of people around here do, but on some real shit i dont really see anything special about him. He has a terrible flow, trying to fit as many words into one bar as possible and sometimes they dont rhyme or dont make sense, he has some bullshit punchlines and metaphors that aren't unnecessary (ex: if eatin niggas made you obese, i'd be the blob). I can bump a few of his tracks, nwa, this is how we do this, g'd up and banged out, im so crooked. But after listening to his last e.p's, he does not impress me. I think the reason for this is that he does not take time to write his verses, resorts to doing this shit off the top of his head and it just ends up sounding bad. I want to know what it is yall like so much about him. Challenge my opinion if you wish but do back it up, audio is appreciated.

ps: nigga took some time to write this, if you read it its appreciated. sensible responses are welcomed, shit even bullshit responses

Says the one who does everything for BWS Juice, hahahahhahaha

Lucifuge

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 04:38:28 AM »
Skills 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 06:20:01 AM »
no way roccett comes close to crooked's level...no way
roccett got his own style and he can spit every now n then but no where near crooked's level on the mic as many arent
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 06:25:59 AM »
just listen to "fear" and you'll know why
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 06:31:51 AM »
"if eatin niggas made you obese, i'd be the blob"

You think this is bullshit?  He's just saying he's killed a lot of cats on the mic.

Crooked-I is dope but he has yet to impress on an artist level.  Like, his solo song material is lacking consistency compared to his freestyles.   I doubt his ability to construct a solid album.  There's no doubt he outshines most when put on a track with him but that's only so good.  If he can't take it to the next level than he isn't as great as many want him to be.

But Juice from BWS is straight ass.  Not sure how you can like him though not Crooked.  Juice has had like 3 good songs.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 06:34:41 AM »
the slaughterhouse wasnt great and put together well alot to do wit the production IMO but crooked prolly outshined everyone
i mean its over 10 years later and he can still spit
theres prolly only 12 rappers or less that might...MIGHT come close to bein better than him
DEAD OR ALIVE
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 07:44:53 AM »
crooked stans are like a cult, nothing they say is without extreme bias and stupidity, just check the posters above me
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »
crooked stans are like a cult, nothing they say is without extreme bias and stupidity, just check the posters above me

you wanna talk stupidity?

you < a retarded deaf and mute 5 year old
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 08:12:08 AM »
I know people really like to take this shit to heart (ex: hack wilson, dont get mad, your who came to mind) when you aren't praising Crookeds music the way alot of people around here do, but on some real shit i dont really see anything special about him. He has a terrible flow, trying to fit as many words into one bar as possible and sometimes they dont rhyme or dont make sense, he has some bullshit punchlines and metaphors that aren't unnecessary (ex: if eatin niggas made you obese, i'd be the blob). I can bump a few of his tracks, nwa, this is how we do this, g'd up and banged out, im so crooked. But after listening to his last e.p's, he does not impress me. I think the reason for this is that he does not take time to write his verses, resorts to doing this shit off the top of his head and it just ends up sounding bad. I want to know what it is yall like so much about him. Challenge my opinion if you wish but do back it up, audio is appreciated.

ps: nigga took some time to write this, if you read it its appreciated. sensible responses are welcomed, shit even bullshit responses

crooked i > all of BWS x 100000
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 08:12:51 AM »
Crookeds a beast on the mic but I think Clinton Wayne Is as good if not better I don't think crooked got the versatility clinton
 waynes got
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 09:41:00 AM »
crooked i is dope but very overrated on this board. making a great album is part of being a great artist, and i frankly don't see much versatility from dude....i can take the karma hit, don't really care, just an opinion....as far as the whole versatility thing, i may be wrong on this seeing how i havent heard EVERY single song of his, so someone give more than one example of him spitting something with sum depth, something other than braggadocios gangsta metaphors and punchlines...
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

fabtoxicp

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 09:51:44 AM »
LMAO at this mentally disturbed fool comparin Roccet wit Crook..

"if eatin niggas made you obese, i'd be the blob"

You think this is bullshit?  He's just saying he's killed a lot of cats on the mic.

Crooked-I is dope but he has yet to impress on an artist level.  Like, his solo song material is lacking consistency compared to his freestyles.   I doubt his ability to construct a solid album.  There's no doubt he outshines most when put on a track with him but that's only so good.  If he can't take it to the next level than he isn't as great as many want him to be.

But Juice from BWS is straight ass.  Not sure how you can like him though not Crooked.  Juice has had like 3 good songs.

that's real talk! i've said it b4, n im sayin it again - just because ur a dope rapper, dont make u a good artist! Rap is just spittin, somethin u do - if u can do dat, dat doesn't guarantee u any platinum plaques.  LOL, if dat was the case, why G Rap, Chino XL & Canibus always went wood? U still have to learn the most important part of the creative-process of Hip Hop - creatin the music! Ur the dopest nigga of all time, spittin vicious toxic-bars, killin everybody in battles, sure dat's cool - but dat DON't mean shit!! n for dat reason alone, Crooked would probly never get as MTV/Major as he was on that Ashanti-remix.. dude can spit, but dat's it really.

there's only been a handful artists who managed to melt the true HipHop-element together wit big sales - Jay-Z, Biggie Smalls, Eminem - all 3 are really respected lyricists, dat also attracts the whte audience wit GOOD MUSIC.
u ain't never heard a Kool G Rap, Chino XL, Crooked I track, dat sounds "Hit" by "Hit"-standards, n to be honest wit ya, u never will.. most likely.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:53:48 AM by fabtoxicp »

sofdark

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 09:55:13 AM »
he needs to pick some better beats. words are amazing but beats are weak as fuck.

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 10:54:35 AM »
where did all this juice bws shit come from? I just asked a question. WHY do you niggas call him the greatest, he has a bullshit flow and some bullshit ass lines. I dont recall myself saying I was a juice or a bws fan. Some of y'all niggas need to fix your tampon, seems like you got the shit in backwards. and as for bws actually since you mentioned it, Clyde Carson > Crooked, Game > Crooked.

Hendo

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 11:06:39 AM »
Crooked I is definately one of the greatest. His only flaw, IMO is that he uses alot, if not too many metaphors