Author Topic: Whats so great about Crooked I?  (Read 2409 times)

Raphael

Re: Whats so great about Crooked I?
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
I agree with the posts about him being a great MC but a wack artist.

SMH at people crying over Say Hi To The Bad Guy to be leaked, those songs he did on deathrow were hot garbage.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »
Dope MC, not really a legend like the guys who built MCing (Kool G Rap, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, KRS, etc), but an awesome lyricist, like Canibus, Chino, Pharoahe Monch, etc

I don't think he's a wack artist either... it's just that to appeal to a LOT of people you need to dumb your shit down and have a "cool" well-marketed image and some really catchy choruses.
Your regular kids on the street won't get complex flows and lyrics and metaphors, and they don't want a song that is like one long verse... it doesn't mean that artist is "wack", it just means that most people aren't knowledgeable enough to "get" the lyrics.
Kool G Rap never had a platinum album, but his joints are classics and he's one of the greatest of all time, always mentioned.
MC Hammer went like 10x platinum because he knew how to make a catchy chorus, but he's not on any "best MC" lists and his joints aren't classics.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2009, 06:25:04 PM »
does he need to have had released a album to be the greatest rapper alive thats spittin...mo
his songs are 10 times better than anythin wayne can, has, or will ever do
and alot of those were songs given away for free
then people will reply with waynes given away hundreds of mixtapes......he can give away millions of mixtapes to his martians but hes a wack rapper

and then people say we tired of crooked doin the gangsta shit....hes from the westcoast
he does gangsta shit but includes story tellin, and much more

he doesnt use multimillion dollar producers or spend a gang on beats

thats the diference with crooked vs others
he saves the beat wack or not...if the beat is wack he will likely most of the time sound better than the beat

the beat has to save wayne, ross, akon, snoop, etc...cuz they arent dope rappers

No they're not.  Wayne clearly has something crooked doesn't.  if what wayne is doing is so easy why hasn't crooked done it?  everyone stay hating on those that blow big but if it were that easy to make it then everybody wouldn't.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

fabtoxicp

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
Dope MC, not really a legend like the guys who built MCing (Kool G Rap, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, KRS, etc), but an awesome lyricist, like Canibus, Chino, Pharoahe Monch, etc

I don't think he's a wack artist either... it's just that to appeal to a LOT of people you need to dumb your shit down and have a "cool" well-marketed image and some really catchy choruses.
Your regular kids on the street won't get complex flows and lyrics and metaphors, and they don't want a song that is like one long verse... it doesn't mean that artist is "wack", it just means that most people aren't knowledgeable enough to "get" the lyrics.
Kool G Rap never had a platinum album, but his joints are classics and he's one of the greatest of all time, always mentioned.
MC Hammer went like 10x platinum because he knew how to make a catchy chorus, but he's not on any "best MC" lists and his joints aren't classics.

NOBODY's sayin his music is "wack" as in literarly - we all like it. it's just dat Crooked clearly dont like the "backpack"-environment he's currently in - Crooked is a mc, but he wants want everybody else - to boss up, his own empire, fame etc etc

n if he wants dat - he have to simply "just dumb down" his content, basicaly. and create "music". LOL
or he could try to make it without losin anythin from his persona - both Eminem and Jigga did it.. but dat's almost impossible for a rapper. Either ur a dope "rapper", or a dope "artist".. get it?

n for the record, MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" is the biggest Hip Hop-record of all time... Case closed

also, the reason why Crooked don't have dat "great"-title yet - is because there's lotta credentials dat an mc needs to add to his belt in order to get dat title - Crooked is tight as a muddafucca, BUT - ther's no music, no album, no nothin.. 10+ years in the game, and nothin.. u cant be the GOAT, without no albums, no classics, no reviews, no legacy - if dat's the case, we might as well add my rapping neighbour to the "Best Of the Best"-list LOL
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:00:51 PM by fabtoxicp »

G-Funk

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2009, 07:07:14 PM »
''Fuck a whole song, I give a fuck if it's a feature
lyrics lifting your spirit as high as cannabis sativa''

Meh.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »
if crooked were to do tpain akon shit then hed be on tv but hes never sold out
he dont get down like that...since wayne sold out hes a better rapper cuz he done what crooked didnt?

does he need to have had released a album to be the greatest rapper alive thats spittin...mo
his songs are 10 times better than anythin wayne can, has, or will ever do
and alot of those were songs given away for free
then people will reply with waynes given away hundreds of mixtapes......he can give away millions of mixtapes to his martians but hes a wack rapper

and then people say we tired of crooked doin the gangsta shit....hes from the westcoast
he does gangsta shit but includes story tellin, and much more

he doesnt use multimillion dollar producers or spend a gang on beats

thats the diference with crooked vs others
he saves the beat wack or not...if the beat is wack he will likely most of the time sound better than the beat

the beat has to save wayne, ross, akon, snoop, etc...cuz they arent dope rappers

No they're not.  Wayne clearly has something crooked doesn't.  if what wayne is doing is so easy why hasn't crooked done it?  everyone stay hating on those that blow big but if it were that easy to make it then everybody wouldn't.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2009, 07:28:54 AM »
if crooked were to do tpain akon shit then hed be on tv

I doubt it, and Im a big Crook fan, but he isnt marketable like that. First off, hes gettin old, which is never good for mainstream audiences (read: little girls), he was voted ugliest member of slaughterhouse, mainstream audiences like pretty boys. I think he couldve been a mainstream artist when he was on Tha Row, but its a little too late now...

That, however, doesnt take anything away from the fact hes one of the dopest, if not, THE dopest rapper out west. You can like or dislike his songs, but you cant deny his talent for flow and wordplay, not a lot of westcoast rappers have that same talent, even all the new guys, jay rock, nipsey, its all about 'Im so tough I shoot you, all the while hollering soowoop', the shit kinda rhymes, but it doesnt have the wordplay Crook uses.

And last but not least, fuck the mainstream anyway, that aint good music. Thats pop music, I dont wanna hear that shit. Again Im a big fan of Crook, and I wish him all the success, but when he starts making them poppy autotune songs(or whatever is the hype that moment), Ill never buy another mixtape/ep/album again.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2009, 05:59:30 PM »
each is own but IMO he would get more support
but other points you mentioned is real talk
but he hasnt sold out....yet and he hasnt released a album to judge him off of

if crooked were to do tpain akon shit then hed be on tv

I doubt it, and Im a big Crook fan, but he isnt marketable like that. First off, hes gettin old, which is never good for mainstream audiences (read: little girls), he was voted ugliest member of slaughterhouse, mainstream audiences like pretty boys. I think he couldve been a mainstream artist when he was on Tha Row, but its a little too late now...

That, however, doesnt take anything away from the fact hes one of the dopest, if not, THE dopest rapper out west. You can like or dislike his songs, but you cant deny his talent for flow and wordplay, not a lot of westcoast rappers have that same talent, even all the new guys, jay rock, nipsey, its all about 'Im so tough I shoot you, all the while hollering soowoop', the shit kinda rhymes, but it doesnt have the wordplay Crook uses.

And last but not least, fuck the mainstream anyway, that aint good music. Thats pop music, I dont wanna hear that shit. Again Im a big fan of Crook, and I wish him all the success, but when he starts making them poppy autotune songs(or whatever is the hype that moment), Ill never buy another mixtape/ep/album again.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2010, 05:30:06 AM »
i'd like to know whos voting on the attractiveness of the slaughterhouse members !!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2010, 03:09:55 PM »
lol

i'd like to know whos voting on the attractiveness of the slaughterhouse members !!
Cube

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2010, 04:23:11 PM »
If Crooked is so nice why hasn't he put out a album in over 20 years in the game?

because he is a directionless crumb

that's the harsh reality crooked stans
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

EFFeX

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »
LOL @ people worrying about whether or not Crooked is marketable to little girls. You really think that's Crooked's target audience, come on now.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2010, 04:33:16 PM »
LOL @ people worrying about whether or not Crooked is marketable to little girls. You really think that's Crooked's target audience, come on now.

you think everyone who has put out retail albums market there album to little girls?  LMAO @ these idiots

so this is what you stans tell yourself to help you sleep at night
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »
and every album snoop put out was instant classic?
nah it wasnt, it was instant shit
crookeds front lawn>>>>>>your entire muzik catologue snoop
keep hatin on crooked you illiterate directionless good for nuthin autotune wanna be boss pimpified king with no crown  
stay outta the westcoast wit that sexual eruption shit
come back to cali when your makin westcoast muzik...til then get at ya boy shawty redd if hes available for beats

If Crooked is so nice why hasn't he put out a album in over 20 years in the game?

because he is a directionless crumb

that's the harsh reality crooked stans
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:40:53 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

V2DHeart

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »
On the other hand, someone who has never put out an album, or had any major release, or TV slots in his 15 year rap career, sure does get a talk, discussions, audience, and anticipation surrounding him

Crooked I on Tha Row could have been huge had Tha Row not been blackballed. He was more colorful and marketable IMO
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>