Author Topic: Whats so great about Crooked I?  (Read 2408 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Whats so great about Crooked I?
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »
cuz hes one of the best to ever touch a mic and has pretty much wrecked the mic almost every single time hes touched the mics
and snoop dont have that thats why he pays people to come onto sites to defend his muzik....defend his tpain type muzik
how you gon go from aint nuthin but a g thang to sexual eruption?
hes in love...all of a sudden hes in love and he wasnt in love back then? lol
snoop doesnt even crack the top 25 best rappers to spit of all time'
crooked might be in the top 15...of course snoop the KING is gon be mad
al snoop can do is hate but
crooked not havin an album but havin the skillz he has>>>>>snoops catologue

On the other hand, someone who has never put out an album, or had any major release, or TV slots in his 15 year rap career, sure does get a talk, discussions, audience, and anticipation surrounding him

Crooked I on Tha Row could have been huge had Tha Row not been blackballed. He was more colorful and marketable IMO
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2010, 04:58:09 PM »
and every album snoop put out was instant classic?
nah it wasnt, it was instant shit
crookeds front lawn>>>>>>your entire muzik catologue snoop
keep hatin on crooked you illiterate directionless good for nuthin autotune wanna be boss pimpified king with no crown  
stay outta the westcoast wit that sexual eruption shit
come back to cali when your makin westcoast muzik...til then get at ya boy shawty redd if hes available for beats

If Crooked is so nice why hasn't he put out a album in over 20 years in the game?

because he is a directionless crumb

that's the harsh reality crooked stans

let is all out hoe, just cry it out

Snoop got tracks on Detox while Crooked making false Detox tracks impersonating the good doctor as a way of begging to find a way to be on the album

who really lost?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
i shouldnt be answerin your good for nuthin snoopy stan crooked hatin.......
anyways ima answer cuz this is comedy
snoop got traxx on detox?
a album that isnt even out?
you seen the final detox product?
dre dont even have traxx on detox...what you talkin bout snoop?
take ya rag outta ya pocket....wipe ya food off and sit down and think bout tha coast ya havent repped in years
then you mad wayne out here gang bangin on your turf?
why not rep your turf a lil more and focus on your coast instead of them pussy cat dolls...guess what snoopy?their sales rose and your gangsta card got lowered
but you keep them thoughts in ya head that you bein on detox wont lose ya gangsta status, and crooked is the worst rapper alive....in ya wildest cripified dreams
eazy e, and pac will be on detox before snoopy is

and every album snoop put out was instant classic?
nah it wasnt, it was instant shit
crookeds front lawn>>>>>>your entire muzik catologue snoop
keep hatin on crooked you illiterate directionless good for nuthin autotune wanna be boss pimpified king with no crown  
stay outta the westcoast wit that sexual eruption shit
come back to cali when your makin westcoast muzik...til then get at ya boy shawty redd if hes available for beats

If Crooked is so nice why hasn't he put out a album in over 20 years in the game?

because he is a directionless crumb

that's the harsh reality crooked stans

let is all out hoe, just cry it out

Snoop got tracks on Detox while Crooked making false Detox tracks impersonating the good doctor as a way of begging to find a way to be on the album

who really lost?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:12:47 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

fabtoxicp

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2010, 06:12:18 PM »
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
hatin, in any form, whether it be on Crooked I or Snoop Dogg, is really stupid - when discussing West Coast-music (READ AGAIN "WESTCOAST-MUSIC"). "Opinions" are always welcome, since it can evolve into healthy and relevant debates -- which is basicaly the #1 reason, why the board's got all of us visitors checking in every once in awhile..
"Hatin" on the other hand, is something totally different - and makes the person "hatin", look unintelligent, and usually gives the impression - dat he or she is an ugly bullyd, ginger-kid wit freckless, who most def is still in it's teens

thank u

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2010, 07:22:05 PM »
cRooked I and Clinton Wayne are the best overall talent on the west coast 
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

colecovizion

• Lil Geezy
  • "Makaveli... it's my dopest album ever" - Pac
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2010, 11:04:05 PM »
Ok, not sure that this thread is very constructive anymore, but here is my 2 cents...

I've been a fan since the late 90's, and Crooked does a lot of things that set him apart from other rappers:

* Style - This has changed a lot over the years, but to me, he has only gotten better. There are at least 3 distinct styles: pre-DR, DR, post-DR. Giving this much variety is rare in a rapper. Some people want a rapper to stay the same, but I think Crook has only gotten better with his experimentation. Sure, sometimes it doesn't work, but most of the time it does
* Mic Presence - Whether you love him or hate him, he's got it. Not all "successful" rappers do. Old rappers have lost it
* Word play - If you are into word play, I don't think you can find much better. Crook is incredibly creative and cracks me up with some of the insane shit he says. Examples: "muthafuckin w" "low profiles", "big dreams (hhw)"
* Flow - He can rap slow, fast or double-time, even in the same song. He can flow better than the original MC's can on some of the tracks. Examples: "clik clak" "djs and mcs", "uh oh"
* Rhyme scheme - Dude can out rhyme pretty much any MC out today. Examples: "fo shizzle freestyle", "Creased Khaki Flow", "uh oh (hhw)". Crook makes rhyming look so easy that it is almost transparent to the listener. Other rappers look like they try really hard to rhyme by comparison.
* Hip hop weekly - Pretty damn creative. It's refreshing to see rappers try something new rather than just copy off each other. The current state of hip-hop is incestuous at best with its club music and "glam rap"
* Content - He might not speak as deep as Pac, but his content is definitely inspired and fresh most of the time. He has quite a range: "one mic (hhw)", "freak", "u shoulda made a phone call" "circle game anthem"
* Huge library - For not having an album out, Crook has a huge amount of material to choose from
* Freestyle - He can do the off the dome shit really well. Example: Power 106 he did it for about 6 minutes
* Battle - I've only heard that he fucks people up in real battles. He'd hold his own on 8 mile. Frankly, the only person who I think could battle him is a young Eminem. Supernat ain't hard enough (even though I like him). On wax battles, he stays on topic rather than just merely telling the other rappers to eat a dick.

For all of those reasons above, he makes other rappers seem basic.

Yes...
.... he doesn't have an official album
.... he says C.O.B way too much
.... he talks about guns way too much
.... he needs to work on his storytelling and production. As others have said, he needs to make more "real" songs, not just raps

But...
.... he has always brought something new to the table and is one of the biggest contributors to hip-hop musically
.... he doesn't make only one type of music
.... he outshines anyone he's featured with (minor exception on sickology 101)
.... he raps about current events and shit outside of the ghetto or club
.... for as much variety and content as he does, a surprising amount doesn't sound forced or awkward
.... for people who like west coast, he reps it well and is something to be proud of
.... he has substance in his raps. he's not just trying to get rich off of a new dance or catch phrase

Crook ain't perfect, but he's got a lot more wins than losses than most rappers. Sly Boogy has a lot of potential to beat Crooked, but not enough content. Next to 2Pac, Tech N9ne and Crook tie in a distant 2nd place for me.

Ok, you guys can go back to your Snoop bashing.........
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:10:14 PM by colecovizion »
"How the fuck can a tight rap start with fo' shizzle? In his bird ass chest Crooked carves his initials" - Crooked I

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »
Ok, not sure that this thread is very constructive anymore, but here is my 2 cents...

I've been a fan since the late 90's, and Crooked does a lot of things that set him apart from other rappers:

* Style - This has changed a lot over the years, but to me, he has only gotten better. There are at least 3 distinct styles: pre-DR, DR, post-DR. Giving this much variety is rare in a rapper. Some people want a rapper to stay the same, but I think Crook has only gotten better with his experimentation. Sure, sometimes it doesn't work, but most of the time it does
* Mic Presence - Whether you love him or hate him, he's got it. Not all "successful" rappers do. Old rappers have lost it
* Word play - If you are into word play, I don't think you can find much better. Crook is incredibly creative and cracks me up with some of the insane shit he says. Examples: "muthafuckin w" "low profiles", "big dreams (hhw)"
* Flow - He can rap slow, fast or double-time, even in the same song. He can flow better than the original MC's can on some of the tracks. Examples: "clik clak" "djs and mcs", "uh oh"
* Rhyme scheme - Dude can out rhyme pretty much any MC out today. Examples: "fo shizzle freestyle", "Creased Khaki Flow", "uh oh (hhw)". Crook makes rhyming look so easy that it is almost transparent to the listener. Other rappers look like they try really hard to rhyme by comparison.
* Hip hop weekly - Pretty damn creative. It's refreshing to see rappers try something new rather than just copy off each other. The current state of hip-hop is incestuous at best with its club music and "glam rap"
* Content - He might not speak as deep as Pac, but his content is definitely inspired and fresh most of the time. He has quite a range: "one mic (hhw)", "freak", "u shoulda made a phone call" "circle game anthem"
* Huge library - For not having an album out, Crook has a huge amount of material to choose from
* Freestyle - He can do the off the dome shit really well. Example: Power 106 he did it for about 6 minutes
* Battle - I've only heard that he fucks people up in real battles. He'd hold his own on 8 mile. Frankly, the only person who I think could battle him is a young Eminem. Supernat ain't hard enough (even though I like him). On wax battles, he stays on topic rather than just merely telling the other rappers to eat a dick.

Yes...
.... he needs to work on his storytelling and production. As others have said, he needs to make more "real" songs, not just raps

But...
.... he has always brought something new to the table and is one of the biggest contributors to hip-hop musically
.... for as much variety and content as he does, a surprising amount doesn't sound forced or awkward
.... for people who like west coast, he reps it well and is something to be proud of
.... he has substance in his raps. he's not just trying to get rich off of a new dance or catch phrase

Crook ain't perfect, but he's got a lot more wins than losses than most rappers. Sly Boogy has a lot of potential to beat Crooked, but not enough content. Next to 2Pac, Tech N9ne and Crook tie in a distant 2nd place for me.

Nice post

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2010, 11:24:29 PM »

Yes...

But...

appreciate the effort + 1,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

V2DHeart

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2010, 02:34:41 AM »
Nice post. I agree. I wonder what Snoops bum boy will have to say about this  ::)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2010, 05:43:03 AM »
crooked aint don this and aint don that...lol
but nah if crooked doesnt involve the westcoast lifestyle then he will drift off and do tpain shit...why not talk about what hes been around for years? lol

Nice post. I agree. I wonder what Snoops bum boy will have to say about this  ::)
Cube

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2010, 08:51:15 AM »
LOL @ people worrying about whether or not Crooked is marketable to little girls. You really think that's Crooked's target audience, come on now.

I was commenting on a statement made before, but yes I think Crook would like to be in the mainstream if he could, simply because thats where the big bucks are...

Again, Im a Crook fan, been one for years, only thing I dont like about him, is the fact hes yelling COB in EVERY GODDAMN SONG....

Portugoal

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2010, 08:59:23 AM »
but yes I think Crook would like to be in the mainstream if he could, simply because thats where the big bucks are...

it wasn't where the big bucks were when TLC went bankrupt and it isn't in 2010 either

EFFeX

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »
LOL @ people worrying about whether or not Crooked is marketable to little girls. You really think that's Crooked's target audience, come on now.

I was commenting on a statement made before, but yes I think Crook would like to be in the mainstream if he could, simply because thats where the big bucks are...

Again, Im a Crook fan, been one for years, only thing I dont like about him, is the fact hes yelling COB in EVERY GODDAMN SONG....

There is a difference between being mainstream and being a sell out though. Crooked isn't worried about catering to the teeny-bopper audience. In the event that they end up liking his music, I suppose that's an added bonus. Look at artists like Soulja Boy, New Boyz, etc (aka the ring-tone rappers) that are tailored made for the middle school to high school generation. A dude like Crooked, may have goals to create records suitable for the radio or mainstream, but that doesn't mean that he's trying to sacrifice his integrity either, feel me?

Let's look at all his singles, "So Damn Hood", "Boom Boom Clap", "New West Anthem", "Dream Big", "Guess Who's Back". While a lot of these songs are catchy, the only one that really stands out as being a cross-over to teeny boppers is "Dream Big". I mean, people said it was obvious that Crooked was trying to go mainstream with "Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waist". Yes, there is some great songs on there like, "U Shoulda Made A Phone Call", but content-wise, that song isn't watered down one bit.

I really don't think we have to worry about Crooked watering down his material. Now, that doesn't mean that he can't do slow jams or anything of that nature. I just don't think he's going to release something that a record label is forcing him to drop, that he wouldn't otherwise stand behind.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2010, 10:14:02 AM »
real talk effex
crooked is the boss and the king thats why he dont and wont sell-out
so the first he releases..let alone album that hes jus str8 up sold out....hell lose his fans world wide
keep bringin that girls, guns, and gangsta shit crook

There is a difference between being mainstream and being a sell out though. Crooked isn't worried about catering to the teeny-bopper audience. In the event that they end up liking his music, I suppose that's an added bonus. Look at artists like Soulja Boy, New Boyz, etc (aka the ring-tone rappers) that are tailored made for the middle school to high school generation. A dude like Crooked, may have goals to create records suitable for the radio or mainstream, but that doesn't mean that he's trying to sacrifice his integrity either, feel me?

Let's look at all his singles, "So Damn Hood", "Boom Boom Clap", "New West Anthem", "Dream Big", "Guess Who's Back". While a lot of these songs are catchy, the only one that really stands out as being a cross-over to teeny boppers is "Dream Big". I mean, people said it was obvious that Crooked was trying to go mainstream with "Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waist". Yes, there is some great songs on there like, "U Shoulda Made A Phone Call", but content-wise, that song isn't watered down one bit.

I really don't think we have to worry about Crooked watering down his material. Now, that doesn't mean that he can't do slow jams or anything of that nature. I just don't think he's going to release something that a record label is forcing him to drop, that he wouldn't otherwise stand behind.
Cube

Africandogg

• 'G'
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »
IMO Crooked I is the second best in the West after Ras Kass. RK is jus unfortunate to hav experienced the shit he went thru otherwise u lil girls wouldn't b talkin Crooked I as the best rapper here out west. Truly speakin if u are a fan of hip hop you'll understand hw Ras Kass eats Crook any day n hw Crook comes 2nd best on the coast. I like Crook bt don't over praise dude, there are cats out ther who can give him a hard time any day. New cats like Wordsmith frm frontline, even older dude like Murs and Mc Ren are tough competition for Crook.