Author Topic: Scott Storch Heading To L.A. To Work On Detox  (Read 1692 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Scott Storch Heading To L.A. To Work On Detox
« on: December 29, 2009, 07:54:30 AM »
 By Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur

Most of the United States has been in a recession of sorts for a little over a year, but producer Scott Storch has been experienced his own personal slump. In the last few years, the New York native had succumbed to an addiction to cocaine that contributed to a matching financial calamity as well. From the loss of material goods to cash, Scott's plight was documented -whether was accurate or inaccurate - in everything from public records to common blogs.

Nowadays though, Scott has recovered from the grip of drugs and his relentlessly clawing his way back to the top of the music food chain. Mending relationships and business ties can be difficult in music, but a multi-platinum selling producer of this self-proclaimed “tough Jew” is already working with Jennifer Hudson, Usher, Shyne, Gucci Mane and others.

His descent was greatly hyped, but his resurrection will be far less satisfying in the bloody waters of paparazzi-driven, sensational media. In this exclusive interview, Scott Storch looks forward and peers back at a much darker period.

AllHipHop.com: So...how you doing?

Scott Storch: Pretty good, pretty good. I can't complain. Getting these records poppin'...

AllHipHop.com: You sound pretty upbeat. I was looking at something online and you were looking and sounding far different.

Scott Storch: Yeah, I was a couple weeks out of rehab. I was going through a lot of emotional changes, etc, ect. I bounce back, man.

AllHipHop.com: Well, what are you working on these days?

Scott Storch: A bunch of stuff. I just got done with the Usher song, "In My Bag." And, uh Chris Brown and Gucci Mane with Soulja Boy, that "Bingo" record. Jennifer Hudson. You know, working on various projects with up and coming acts, different stuff. Actually, [I'm] about to start working with Shyne on his project. He's over in Belize.

AllHipHop.com: Oh, wow...

Scott Storch: Yeah, Shyne's my man. I've been talking to him and I was talking to him all through his prison sentence. He's always remained a loyal person to me. I am headed to L.A. to work with Dr. Dre on his next album.

AllHipHop.com: Did you work with Shyne before?

Scott Storch: No, we became friends after he was already in [jail] and I found out he was a fan and he's just a hell of a cool guy. He was real close with my friend Steven. And, Steve is on his management team now. And he put us in contact and it became a healthy relationship. I'm looking forward to doing, not just one record, but doing a chunk on his album.

AllHipHop.com: I don't know why I assumed he wouldn't be rapping anymore. I guess that's stupid of me.

Scott Storch: He's in full effect. He's got people sending him tracks. I have a feeling he's going to make a really huge album...He's got a lot to say.

scott.jpg

AllHipHop.com: I can only imagine.

Scott Storch: [Laughs.] Hopefully, he says nice things. [Laughs]

AllHipHop.com: Yeah, hopefully he doesn't burn bridges that are already burnt.

Scott Storch: Yeah, I don't think so. He’s got his head on straight. He's going to kill this s**t.

"There was a certain amount of hesitance from certain people in them believing, but I somehow get in where I fit in and show people by doing records, that I am still in the game. If they can't hang in there with me over a couple years "off on hiatus," that would be pretty f**ked up."     

-Scott Storch

AllHipHop.com: I don't want to get too off course, but do you care to give any insight on the Detox album? Dre's got people waiting forever.

Scott Storch: That seems to be his trend and every time he comes out, its amazing. I don't want to spill the beans on exactly the direction he's going but its definitely different than that last one.

AllHipHop.com: One thing I wanted to ask you with your trials with addiction, did you find it hard to get back in the mix?

Scott Storch: There was a certain amount of hesitance from certain people in them believing, but I somehow get in where I fit in and show people by doing records, that I am still in the game. I think after people get in the same room with me, its clear that those problems are solved. And, its just a matter of regaining respect and trust, but as far as track record, I think I have done way above the average producer in the world. I did that over a span of 18 years. So, if they can't hang in there with me over a couple years "off on hiatus," that would be pretty f**ked up. I think its being pretty well received.           

AllHipHop.com: Sometimes, in the music industry, it seems to be a concerted effort to suppress people that aren't quote/unquote "hot." Like you said, you had a track record that speaks loudly. How do you cope with the addiction? From what I understand, you are an addict forever...even if you have been rehabilitated.

Scott Storch: No, not so much. My addiction was based on being trapped in it through, not so much, depression or escape, but it was more like partying too much and having too much fun until it got unhealthy. I just made a change in my life. It really isn't a battle or a constant thing.  Its just something I don't want to do. I like the way I feel so it hasn't been a thought.

AllHipHop.com: So, it’s not like...

Scott Storch: Its not like heroine or something. The real problem these days are these kids with these pain killers - OxyContin and s**t like that. That's a constant battle, because that's a physical addiction. Me, after 3-4 days in detox, I mean, rehab, I was physically cured. Just it was mental and getting that straight...relapse prevention...etc, et

"Of course, I made a lot of mistakes. But, you know what? A true champion isn't a champion [any more], just because he gets knocked down one time."

-Scott Storch

AllHipHop.com: This is sort of a basic question, but in hindsight, would you have done anything differently now that you have had time to reflect.           

Scott Storch: Of course, I made a lot of mistakes. But, you know what? A true champion isn't a champion [any more], just because he gets knocked down one time. You know what I'm saying? For me it was a hiccup and a small piece of my life in the scope of what I've been doing. I haven't been an addict my entire life. It was only a couple years that I went through that. And, you know, it is what is is and...I'm just making the best of what I got and, you know, taking back what I've made for myself in my life.

AllHipHop.com: Definitely. If there was anybody that you could pinpoint or shout out that was really there for you, who would that person be?

Scott Storch: I mean, it was a lot of people. Dre was there for me. I remember Ludacris came over to check on me to make sure I was ok, just having heard stuff. Different people that care about me...my boy Adam. You know, just various people have remained loyal to me. Quincy Jones. I would have to say Timbaland. 

AllHipHop.com: Yeah?

Scott Storch: We're friends. He talks with me. He cares about me.

AllHipHop.com: That's interesting. You guys had a pretty serious beef just a couple years ago.

Scott Storch: Yeah, but we had a pretty serious friendship too that the world doesn't really realize. That outweighs that lil' bulls**t that we went through. Ultimately, I think we had a lot of people in our ear that were trying to create animosity between us and that's how everything got started. We both started spewing out [ill] feelings and whatever. We both admitted to being wrong in that situation. That's history though.

AllHipHop.com: Now, I have to call you out a lil' bit. At that point, you were rapping a little bit. Now, are you still going to be rapping?

Scott Storch: I had no intention of being a rapper. You know, I was feeling like people thought I didn't have a voice, you know what I'm saying? For my opinion and I just wanted to speak up.

A few years ago, and Timbaland weren't such good friends, but now the beef is gone.

Scott Storch - "Build Like Dat"

AllHipHop.com: Understood. That was a weird period anyway. To see two producers go at it in that way was strange for the public.

Scott Storch: [laughs]

AllHipHop.com: What's your take on the landscape of music?

Scott Storch: I think everything is becoming a lot of hybrids, you know? Like, different things from different genres of music are blending together. This is the time that, the pioneer can create a new sound and run with it. Its just a matter of cracking the code. There are a lot of opportunity out there in terms of production.

AllHipHop.com: Are you going to be experimenting with those other forms of music?

Scott Storch: Yeah, and I always have. I'm not strictly a Hip-Hop producer. I try to be versatile as possible. It’s exciting for me when I have the opportunity to work on music that I really haven't worked on. Sometimes not knowing what you are doing, you stumble upon genius.

In part 2, Scott Storch talks about the media's treatment of his situation, the music industry, some of his mistakes and his planned comeback.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Scott Storch Heading To L.A. To Work On Detox
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 09:17:52 AM »
Who doesn't claim they're working on Detox?

Matty

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 09:59:42 AM »
storch is an ingredient that detox obviously needs, so its great news 8)

i posted about him going to dre's studio to work on it a couple of weeks ago.

Okka

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:05:02 AM »
Great news. Good to hear that he's gonna be doin' production on Shyne's next album.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 10:23:14 AM »
Great news. Good to hear that he's gonna be doin' production on Shyne's next album.

agree, but I can't forgive Storch for letting this beat go to waste:

<a href="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhuQsD9223H5E55Lp7<br />http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhuQsD9223H5E55Lp7" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhuQsD9223H5E55Lp7<br />http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhuQsD9223H5E55Lp7</a>

Matty

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 11:25:13 AM »

Okka

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 11:53:18 AM »

agree, but I can't forgive Storch for letting this beat go to waste:

<a href="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhuQsD9223H5E55Lp7<br />http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhuQsD9223H5E55Lp7" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhuQsD9223H5E55Lp7<br />http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhuQsD9223H5E55Lp7</a>

"Video Has Been Removed"

What beat was that?

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 11:59:14 AM »

AllHipHop.com: I don't want to get too off course, but do you care to give any insight on the Detox album? Dre's got people waiting forever.

Scott Storch: That seems to be his trend and every time he comes out, its amazing. I don't want to spill the beans on exactly the direction he's going but its definitely different than that last one.

Hopefully not to pleasure the mainstream people

<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 03:37:17 PM »
I'd love to see a chunk of Shynes album produced by Storch, I'm very interested in seeing what Shyne can do, his last 2 albums were ill, and he must have a lot to speak on in a grown way now

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »

LOL matty just wet his pants  :laugh:

Matty

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 10:46:47 AM »

LOL matty just wet his pants  :laugh:

shut up man, you like 'still dre' don't you?

dre & storch always = classic 8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
lol

LOL matty just wet his pants  :laugh:
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

west coast techniec

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 11:43:29 AM »
Whats this detox you speak of ???  (hyperbol)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 11:46:29 AM »
you didnt pick it up at the store? lol

Whats this detox you speak of ???  (hyperbol)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

west coast techniec

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 04:11:48 PM »
you didnt pick it up at the store? lol

Yeah but they say it's on backorder or some shit? haha