Author Topic: So I heard that Common Sampler... what y'all think?  (Read 145 times)

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
So I heard that Common Sampler... what y'all think?
« on: November 23, 2002, 10:26:01 PM »
still hate the song with Mary J.
"The Hustle" is pretty dope from what i heard... even though the hook is kinda eehhh to me
"I Am Music" has a nice tempo... Common gets pretty loose on the part that i heard.. the hook seems okay
"Electric Wire Hustle Flower" is kinda crazy.. just the vocal mixing... has kind of a backround/echo vibe going... the hook is growing on me.
"I Got The Right Ta" ... still like this song, thankfully there already appears to be better songs on the album.

To be honest I had pretty much lost all hope for this album after seeing the track list, but that Mary J song is still the only bad joint... so maybe, just maybe it'll be okay. I sure hope so.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Trauma-san

Re:So I heard that Common Sampler... what y'all think?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 10:40:58 PM »
I'm waiting for this one, I got high expectations.  I loved him on Erykah's song "LOVEEE OF MY LIFFFEEEEE" So everything still looks good to me, but I haven't heard any of the album.  

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 03:27:37 AM »
Damn, I really like the track with Mary J, Tim Westwood played it when I was driving home last night and it sounded even better than before. Oh well, I guess I can expect something good in all if you think thats the worst track  ;D

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Sub-Z

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 01:52:46 PM »
whats wrong with the song ft. mary j blige??    i like it.....

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2002, 02:23:47 PM »
I downloaded the sampler, and I was satisfied, ha.  It sounded dope, to me.  That electric Circus track i'm a little worried about but I guess the full version will probably be cool.

Peace~