Author Topic: 2009 top selling Hip Hop acts  (Read 640 times)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: 2009 top selling Hip Hop acts
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 02:15:59 AM »
i bought like 17 cds that were 2009 releases/ i still support the music i like. but it is getting more and more rare to find good music.

and yes hip hop is dying if Sales are this piss poor

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 12:33:58 AM »
damn, maybe hip hop is on its last legs.
can't you guys stop giving sales so much value :P

No. Come on, if an artist used to sell like 600k then starts selling 8k, that usually tells you something.
so what?

the music will keep coming regardless

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 12:55:42 AM »
We fans are to blame, when was the last time you guys have bought a cd? Why buy it when I can steal it? Right?

MediumL

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 12:31:47 PM »
tbh hip-hop is getting stale. Most of the albums are boring or a re-hash of something done better. I don't really count BEP as hip-hop they've gone off on a different tangent. Not really my thing but at least they are trying to do something new. People like Em, Jay, 50 etc are all half as good as they were 6 years ago and the new acts like Gucci and Ross have little personality and forgettable production driven songs.

Kid Cudi and Drake at least have something slightly different. The more hip-hop acts experiments the better imo. Black music in general has become a bit stale in the US and could do with new-genres being created. The lower the sales the more artists will try new things to succeed and this can only be a good thing imo.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 03:03:41 PM »
if the cds bein put out were decent then people would buy em maybe?
almost everythin is wack....so why buy wack muzik? lol

We fans are to blame, when was the last time you guys have bought a cd? Why buy it when I can steal it? Right?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »
no matter how much i like an album i dont buy it anymore. this is why. all u folks talkin bout hip hop is dead and music is whack now need to get a fuckin grip, stop dreamin of the glory days, theres plenty of good music out there and u have this great tool called the internet that helps you to find it quickly and easily. its NEVER been easier to find great music u guys are just narrow minded and probably only like one certain type of music

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
i look forward to the day when people focus on quality more than sales

quote of the year! 8)

westside159

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 12:38:07 AM »
Good year for Slim Shady  and Jay z  everybody else  50 cent , rick ross 15 videos no gold , plies ?? , wack ass flo rida flop , gucci mane flop   slaughter house flop ,  etc