Author Topic: is GAME king of the WEST  (Read 2079 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: is GAME king of the WEST
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 10:13:42 PM »
speakin from one side and how many agree to this side of it
muffuccaz jus want to accept any rapper that makes it big or makes any muzik that gathers attention to their region...nah thats wack jus like the muzik they makin
its good the sales are low...not that means much but it hurts the label, the artist and everyone involved to a degree if not 360 degrees lol

real talk but isnt the representation of this supposed king matter?
doesnt it matter that this king has made wack records and made songs with pop singers?
doesnt it matter that game has done the weird shit that hes done?lol
do kings do that?
if they are a king...arent they posed to rep the region like no other and rep it so everyone can see how it is where they are not able to be?
the representation of game, snoop, cube etc...isnt the representation in what this coast was built upon but they were here years ago and started years ago and are still makin muzik so its as if they get a pass....but what snoop, game cube are doin arent king things..lol
what face has done for his region is what a king does and never loses a step...he might have lost a step cuz he doesnt release enough muzik.... but his lyrical game is what he kept strong and never sold out
cant say the same thing bout snoop, cube, game and others

Look at you soundin like a damn preacher lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 10:15:15 PM »
muffuccaz jus want to accept any rapper that makes it big or makes any muzik that gathers attention to their region...nah thats wack jus like the muzik they makin
its good the sales are low...not that means much but it hurts the label, the artist and everyone involved to a degree if not 360 degrees lol

doesnt it matter that this king has made wack records and made songs with pop singers?
do kings do that?
if they are a king...arent they posed to rep the region like no other and rep it so everyone can see how it is where they are not able to be?
the representation of game, snoop, cube etc...isnt the representation in what this coast was built upon but they were here years ago and started years ago and are still makin muzik so its as if they get a pass....but what snoop, game cube are doin arent king things..lol
what face has done for his region is what a king does and never loses a step...he might have lost a step cuz he doesnt release enough muzik.... but his lyrical game is what he kept strong and never sold out

That's real shit and not a good enough reason to label someone as the King
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 10:19:58 PM »
yeah and thats why spider and 40 got respect in that department
cuz their muzik isnt on the level of snoops or others
but them reppin the coast>>>>snoop, cubes, games etc...wack records
they underground regardless so a major deal isnt the end of the world if it dont happen but their coast is what matters and they stay keepin it to the left side of the map unlike others who say that but co-sgin wayne's wack muzik, gang bangin etc....?
KINGS DO KING THINGS

do kings do that?

That's real shit and not a good enough reason to label someone as the King
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

YaKno7

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 10:21:45 PM »
when they release a album they release it the way the label wants it made and not how they want
why is snoop recordin with pussy cat dolls?
why is cube recordin with lil jon?
why is game recordin with neyo?

thats not sellin out?

sellin millions or not...thats sellin out but they leave the dope records off and claim they are bosses?
doesnt a boss run shit? lol
aite if a boss runs the game then why arent the bangers on the album?
but instead you have pussy cat dolls, soulja boy?
snoop and soulja boy?
they are the face of this coast cuz they rep this coast when they make the muzik they make but the muzik they are makin is wack?
snoop reppin the west on a soulja boy song is wack
cube recordin with lil jon is wack

but the dope records dont get heard or to the masses cuz snoop dont want em too for obvious reasons of them not sellin and gettin as much attention as a soulja boy/snoop song would
but if he would put that in their face like there you have it another last meal album...what you gon do now?
he hasnt done that since that album...lol and that was how many albums ago?
paid the cost
R & G
blue carpet
ego trippin
malice

damn thats 5 albums ago...thats crazy

Politics of the Business.  Hip Hop & R & B artists have been collaborating for a longtime bro.  Far as features you know it's label politics.  If I am investing in you to sell 100 cups of lemonade and I know the buyers of that community will more likely but your lemonade if you add a certain spice to it than I am going to tell you to add that spice.  I need a return, simple and plain.

We in Cali man, it's plenty of A & R's they will tell you the album cuts is cool but the machine(label) needs radio support and tv support simple as that.  They not going to ship out 300 thousand records only to sell 80 thousand records.  So they go off of BDS and Air play spin, online site hits and all this other bullshit.  Hate to say it but the business >>>> music

Far as Game he's not in a space where he can retire right now.  He's splitting money several different ways and look he doesn't have DISTRIBUTION for Black Wall Street.  That tells you something right there.  His pull is not that great with the company and that's why this album I believe he will try to MAKE HIT RECORDS while keeping it TRUE TO WEST COAST RAP

why????  He needs them HITS so the LABEL can offer him distribution.  If he can sell than they might feel his label can sell and there u go.   That's politics of the game.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 10:27:48 PM »
yeah but theres really no true artist to where they make the musik they want otherwise why is game havin gucci, jim juelz, wayne etc...these wack artists on their album?
cuz it sells and without them it wont sell
so its not games name thats sellin the product or snoops name
its snoops name and whos on that album thats movin units etc....
so they rather sell out and make wack muzik jus so they can make more money vs make the dope muzik they once made without all that wack shit on there?
make the label bow down to them not vice versa

when the airlines took the rates sky rocket to the mutha....ceiling people stopped flying
what happened?
them muffuccaz started to bring them down cuz they know without those buyers they are nobody and they started to go bankrupt
same here if snoop, cube etc...dont release a wack commercialized album they will approach him on some...aye you want to release a album how you want, cuz we know you dont want soulja boy, lil jon etc..on your album?
we need them on your album to sell but since you are actin like a girl and we arent gettin nothin done well do it your way cuz we need to keep that SNOOP DOGG BRAND MOVIN and not sleepin cuz ultimately weve come to find out the snoop dogg name can move units without soulja boy and them wack rappers on your album
we are extremely sorry...
no problem bizzle, fa shizzle preach........
thats how kings roll not to be rolled on..lol
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:33:04 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

YaKno7

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 10:32:38 PM »
yeah but theres really no true artist to where they make the musik they want otherwise why is game havin gucci, jim juelz, wayne etc...these wack artists on their album?
so they rather sell out and make wack muzik jus so they can make more money vs make the dope muzik they once made without all that wack shit on there?

when the airlines took the rates sky rocket to the mutha....ceiling people stopped flying
what happened?
them muffuccaz started to bring them down cuz they know without those buyers they are nobody
same here if snoop, cube etc...dont release a wack commercialized album they will approach him on some...aye you want to release a album how you want, cuz we know you dont want soulja boy, lil jon etc..on your album?
we need them on your album to sell but since you are actin like a girl and we arent gettin nothin done well do it your way cuz we need to keep that SNOOP DOGG BRAND MOVIN and not sleepin

Politics of the business.   You can not back the label down the label will shelf you.  They have about 40 more artists besides you especially when you not selling a million copies.
Sell a million copies off of your own hit and than you can have pull.  Believe me, it's not the artist it's the label.

I'm sure if Game walked in the office with 16 album cuts straight hard west coast material, they would tell him they like it and all but if there was nothing that could spin on the radio I guarantee they would tell him go back to the drawing board or your album will collect more dust than encyclopedia's.  Who's money is being spent to put the album out there?

The Labels?

Who's money is pushing the entire project  GAME or THE LABEL's

The Labels

The business side makes a mess out of things.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 10:36:37 PM »
true but why go major and sell out your soul?
jus so you can make more money?
why not release it indie?
make less,
make a statement
make the muzik you want

not sell out
make more
make the muzik you dont want

cube did it indie and he did decent numbers
wc did it and he did decent numbers

its not the labels fault...fuck tha industry first and foremost
but why backdown to their standards when there are ways around it
cube been in the game 20 years?
you sayin he been in the game 30 years for no reason?
nah he built a company to where he doesnt need a an r, this n that
he releases it how he wants even tho he still sells out
they been in the game this long and cant afford to do this on their own?
do it on their own and then make money off that...and do it again
again make less but at least you makin what you want how you want
the labels take their cuts and make the muzik they want....
people want to say snoop is a king?
nah thats a robot...lol
or like he would say "bitch what you here fo"?

what happened?
them muffuccaz started to bring them down cuz they know without those buyers they are nobody
we need them on your album to sell but since you are actin like a girl and we arent gettin nothin done well do it your way cuz we need to keep that SNOOP DOGG BRAND MOVIN and not sleepin

Politics of the business.   You can not back the label down the label will shelf you.  They have about 40 more artists besides you especially when you not selling a million copies.
Sell a million copies off of your own hit and than you can have pull.  Believe me, it's not the artist it's the label.

I'm sure if Game walked in the office with 16 album cuts straight hard west coast material, they would tell him they like it and all but if there was nothing that could spin on the radio I guarantee they would tell him go back to the drawing board or your album will collect more dust than encyclopedia's.  Who's money is being spent to put the album out there?

The Labels?

Who's money is pushing the entire project  GAME or THE LABEL's

The Labels

The business side makes a mess out of things.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:38:49 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

Lucifuge

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 10:43:42 PM »
Cube 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

dopeascanbe

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »
game's face def not a good face, so he's gettin xcluded rite there.. no butterfly tatoos are carryin the Dub-sign as long as i'm alive. He's NOT the king LOL

n for the record
King Of the South - Bushwick Bill LOL

I feel you.  Hip Hop is extremely competitive.

Scarface and Dre 3000 are already legends to homeboy above you.  They have already delivered the game classic albums and have great lengths of longevity in the game.  It goes without saying that they are Legends.  You don't even have to say that.

KING is for a active mainstream rapper with dominance in 1's region

Dre is a legend out here, Snoop is a legend out here we already know that.  Hate it or love it, when east coast and southern heads talk about west coast currently

SNOOP
GAME
DRE( a lot of the younger heads don't even know DRE sad to say or never even heard The Chronic) Hip Hop is constantly growing older.  Ask this new gucci mane juiceman bullshit rap era kids to name 2 tracks off THE CHRONIC 2001 and I doubt most of them could if they could even NAME 1

Do I think Nipsey and Jay Rock would represent the WEST COAST a whole lot harder than GAME? Yes.  With that being said I don't deny Game as being one of the faces for
west coast rap to out of towners

nipsey and jay rock better go indie then, cause on a major, reppin the west coast is out of the question. it will be reppin all the coasts just like snoop, game, etc. crooked i is about to sell his soul to jimmy and eminem. right now jay rock and nipsey is only reppin the west coast and thats the reason why they cant drop an album.  glasses will drop way before them with his west/mostly south sound and he having a hard time getting a buzz as is jay rock and nipsey. Those three are havin a hard time gettin on, so the rest(spider,40, might want to find somthin else to do.  Game still has the biggest buzz of any west coast artist other than dre whether niggaz want to admit it or not.

Blood$

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 11:24:50 PM »
there is no "king" of the West... there's just the main dudes who are out there the most (Game, Snoop, Dre, Xzibit, etc.)

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2009, 02:28:24 AM »
there is no "king" of the West... there's just the main dudes who are out there the most (Game, Snoop, Dre, Xzibit, etc.)

Agree.. If a west coast music forum cant agree on a king of the west coast, there is no king of the west coast.
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

DPGThang

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2009, 08:35:25 AM »
cube is the king of west

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »
ask just about 99% of anybody in the world what the first thing rap-related they think of when they hear "Westcoast" & they will say Snoop or Pac.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »
ask just about 99% of anybody in the world what the first thing rap-related they think of when they hear "Westcoast" & they will say Snoop or Pac.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 10:00:10 AM »
too many niggaz taking this shit out of context

Snoop is a legend.  He's excluded.  Nothing wrong with calling yourself KING, TI say he KING OF THE SOUTH.  When you say you king of something you the FACE.
When east coast heads and south heads think West Coast rap as of current they say

SNOOP GAME DRE.  No Game is no legend now and he only 3 albums in but he is making noise in the mainstream and has a fan base overseas.  As of current he is
the FACE.   Being a KING doesn't automatically make u a legend,

as of right now GAME has the WEST COAST
What he said