Author Topic: Diddy Compares Rick Ross To Biggie Smalls  (Read 3225 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Diddy Compares Rick Ross To Biggie Smalls
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
You ahve your own thoughts and you wont budge.Thats fine.This is a pointless back and forth that will go nowhere.

lol, that sums it up the best.

this guy names three songs off an album and tells me my argument is swiss cheese; it's basically a fact that BIG went more mainstream; but i'm wrong, it's cool.

and i'm sure your rebutles have holes in them too, i just don't give a fuck & simply will not bother with a counter argument to your counter argument that will be replied with another counter argument from somewhere because i know for a fact you wouldn't just come straight up & admit that i am anywhere of being in the ballpark of being right.

so replying to the extent of putting your argument down, is pointless.

so you win by default, throw a party. ::)

cham dont you think pac got more commercial albums than all eyez on me?
if so what albums?

well i am clearly a Pac stan (i've been called a stan of 3 different rappers; i thought you could only be a stan of one? lol).

anyway, i can't say he went real commercial on AEOM. that entire album was more real than anything mainstream in todays world.

i mean, there wasn't any downloading and stuff, he was going to sell records for who he was.

the most commercial thing i see about that album is how he teamed up with Dre & Snoop; but that only made it better. :P

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »
yeah exactly his commercial stuff is the bonnie and clyde or other traxx
but its crazy that anyone wants to say biggie was better than pac
and its good that your sayin pac is the goat and is better than biggie cuz not only biggie is/was overrated but your from the opposite coast of where pac was from so it doesnt make you as biased as someone whos from the west...even tho others want to stay pac was a bi-coastal rapper

what coast you say pac is from?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

illwill

« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »
You ahve your own thoughts and you wont budge.Thats fine.This is a pointless back and forth that will go nowhere.

lol, that sums it up the best.

this guy names three songs off an album and tells me my argument is swiss cheese; it's basically a fact that BIG went more mainstream; but i'm wrong, it's cool.

and i'm sure your rebutles have holes in them too, i just don't give a fuck & simply will not bother with a counter argument to your counter argument that will be replied with another counter argument from somewhere because i know for a fact you wouldn't just come straight up & admit that i am anywhere of being in the ballpark of being right.

so replying to the extent of putting your argument down, is pointless.

so you win by default, throw a party. ::)

cham dont you think pac got more commercial albums than all eyez on me?
if so what albums?

well i am clearly a Pac stan (i've been called a stan of 3 different rappers; i thought you could only be a stan of one? lol).

anyway, i can't say he went real commercial on AEOM. that entire album was more real than anything mainstream in todays world.

i mean, there wasn't any downloading and stuff, he was going to sell records for who he was.

the most commercial thing i see about that album is how he teamed up with Dre & Snoop; but that only made it better. :P

If you were around during the climate of the time you would realize how much of a sell out move AEOM was.  Back in the mid 90's the Death Row sound was the dominant sound in the business.  It was the sound that most of the industry was trying to emulate.  It dominated the radios and women were even listening to it as well. Just because compared to today's music it sounds street doesn't mean Pac didn't sell out back than.  And Pac didn't really start pushing records until All Eyez on Me when he really dropped the conscience introspective music and went basically strictly with the Death Row sound for the album.  Thats being a sell out.

Jaydc

« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2010, 08:23:25 PM »
Me against the world was multip platinum so that right there shoots you down.And wonda why they call u bitch was a more introspective track  then big was ever capable of and that was on aeom.

illwill

« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »
Me against the world was multip platinum so that right there shoots you down.And wonda why they call u bitch was a more introspective track  then big was ever capable of and that was on aeom.

MATW didn't go multi plat until after his death.  It went Plat during a time when every rapper was going Plat.  Even MC Eiht went Gold on an album.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2010, 08:27:35 PM »
well i guess we have different types of sell outs but i was thinkin more of the commercial sell out type

and i guess all sell outs are connected....as in the commercial sell out is pretty much the same as the label pushin its artists to make certain muzik

but IMO pac spit from his HEART if thats what you want to call it especially on all eyez on me...with some mainstream soundin muzik but as far as the lyrical content pac didnt hold back...but that dont mean he didnt sell out on the muzik side especially with the thug image he was puttin out there
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc

« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2010, 08:29:37 PM »

MATW didn't go multi plat until after his death.  It went Plat during a time when every rapper was going Plat.  Even MC Eiht went Gold on an album.

Difference is pac was in jail when it came out and couldnt promote it at all.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2010, 09:01:25 PM »
Chamilitary Click: please just shup up.  You're constantly throwing out stupid hypotheticals that have absolutely no way of being proven...IF Big didn't die he woulda sold out / been average, IF 50 cent died after grodt he'd be the GOAT....just quit doing that shit it doesn't prove anything.

You think Biggie was average but the fact that he was killed is the only thing that puts at GOAT status?  Biggie was the King of NY when Ready to Die dropped, he was already regarded as having put out one of the best albums during a time when there was a lot of great albums dropping. 

He was the one that kept Bad Boy grimey...after he died it was jiggy bullshit...had the LOX doing Rod Stewart remakes n shit...

And don't compare him to 50 cent either, Biggie NEVER did anything as wack as 50 has done since GRODT.  Not in the same league at all.  So your hypotheticals don't work anyway.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2010, 09:19:16 PM »
Tom AEOM wasn't a sellout album by Pac...thats your NY bias kickin in...Pac was doing and saying all kinds of shit prior to him signing with DR...he fuckin shot 2 off duty cops, and was puttin out hard ass records way before DR...

LAD had more pop appeal than AEOM.

Dude almost had his balls blown off in his homies neighborhood in NY and they play dumb, he goes to jail for a crime he didn't commit.  When he got outta jail he was pretty angry, and his music reflected that.  He wasn't on some peaceful, love your enemies type of shit, he was pissed and wanted war.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2010, 09:58:25 PM »
Why is he 14 because hes stating a fact?

i thought it was a fact lol.

at least i'm not the only one. 8)

You are right, im with you.

Biggie is one of my favorite rappers i grew up on his music.
BAd Boy was going mainstream you can even hear it on his last record.
He even state multiple times before his last record came out he wanted to do some different.
Rick Ross is good in his own right, hes good at what he does simple as that.
HE has good beats and his lyrics are on point.

Lucifuge

« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2010, 12:32:20 AM »
Pac was somthing like 40 Glock now..he was dissin rappers for no reason just to get attention ;)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Jaydc

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2010, 01:31:36 AM »
Difference being 2pac was the number one selling artist in the rap game and 40 glocc is a nobody.

Lucifuge

« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2010, 03:19:50 AM »
agree...pac was a name and he still is,but i mean abaut beffing and all that shit
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

ikke

« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2010, 07:31:33 AM »
AEOM was a celebration of life, subject matter like 2pacalypse now wouldn't fit the concept.

Ofcourse Pac & Big weren't considered the greatest of all time when they were alive.
They weren't veterans, nobody calls a rookie the greatest of all time and is taken seirously.

Pac was somthing like 40 Glock now..he was dissin rappers for no reason just to get attention ;)
He had beef with B.I.G., the others just 'had to open their mouths with opinion's ' like pac said.
Chino XL 'started' the beef as well

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2010, 08:12:52 AM »
biggie never sold out because he never dumbed down lyrically...alright he mighta came with a weak verse or two but who hasnt??...but i dont think you could say he conscientously dumbed down his shit...i dont remember his ass bein in no video games or bringing out no action figures...some of you need to re-evaluate your definition of a sell out....or better yet say that shit to lil kim or junior mafia who he dragged up with him

im not even taking sides on yall pac - big thing...i appreciate both probly prefer pac but that me