Author Topic: Diddy Compares Rick Ross To Biggie Smalls  (Read 3223 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Diddy Compares Rick Ross To Biggie Smalls
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »

big has always been overrated and people looked at him like he was a god on the mic when he didnt do anythin special
the fact that big looked up to pac not the other way around and jay looked up to big is just further proof of why pac will always be the greatest.And big only dropped two albums,and the second one was nowhere the quality of the first one.

That's prolly one of the stupidest things Ive ever read on the forum, seriosuly, you think Big never did anything "special"???

Yeah he had some commercial tracks on his second album, but the way he was spitting was still gutter as fuck. The fact is he never compromised his flow or lyrics for the tracks he was making, some of the beats and hooks he used just had more commercial appeal to the masses. Its called the rap "game" for a reason, cos you gotta do certain shit to remain popular and on top of the game. Nothing wrong with a dope club track here and there. Imagine how boring LAD would of been if all the tracks sounded like "Niggaz Bleed", althought that track was amazing

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »
he wasnt anythin special when comparin him to pac, nas, face
i guess its jus a preference
I prefer krs one over big
who do you think was/is better than big?

big has always been overrated and people looked at him like he was a god on the mic when he didnt do anythin special
the fact that big looked up to pac not the other way around and jay looked up to big is just further proof of why pac will always be the greatest.And big only dropped two albums,and the second one was nowhere the quality of the first one.

That's prolly one of the stupidest things Ive ever read on the forum, seriosuly, you think Big never did anything "special"???

Yeah he had some commercial tracks on his second album, but the way he was spitting was still gutter as fuck. The fact is he never compromised his flow or lyrics for the tracks he was making, some of the beats and hooks he used just had more commercial appeal to the masses. Its called the rap "game" for a reason, cos you gotta do certain shit to remain popular and on top of the game. Nothing wrong with a dope club track here and there. Imagine how boring LAD would of been if all the tracks sounded like "Niggaz Bleed", althought that track was amazing
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2010, 09:15:16 PM »
can't believe some of the comments in this thread, but on a positive note i was reminded of some classic biggie joints! 8)

biggie > jay-z

not to say jay is not a good lyricist, but he could NEVER sound as good as biggie on a record. real talk!

illwill

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2010, 01:30:45 AM »
Well.Ive got a love hate thing for jay z.In one hand I think hes extremely over rated.Hes a pop artist and he rarely makes meaningful music.As a person i think hes a piece of shit.I do think blueprint is over rated and that production is the key to him.Unlike someone like nas who can even make the worst of beats tolerable for his lyrics alone,jay is reliant on the beat.If the beat is wack jay is wack.BUT.Their is something to be said of his accomplishments.I got a chance to see him in concert last year,and for a man to be able to play for two hours and have nothing but major hit songs,well you cant deny it.Hes got the hits.I just dont feel hes as good as everyone makes him out to be.

For me pac is number one nas is number two and scarface is number three.

How is Jay a piece of shit as a person?  You've never met him lmfao.  You Pac stans crack me up sometimes.  Jay does more for his old neighborhood than most every other rapper in the game.

And for the record.... NAS IS THE GOAT.

ikke

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2010, 02:56:09 AM »
Selling out isn't neccisarily dumbing down it's just doing anything for some extra money.
So making more poppy beats & hooks is selling out.
All biggie rapped about was bitches & money, ofcourse he's going to sell out

Shame on everybody comparing biggie & pac, like comparing Gucci to eminem...

Stop giving biggie so much credit as a rapper for dying.

Lucifuge

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2010, 03:12:11 AM »
i like more Big then Pac...Pac was on some corny gangsta shit,Big was more allround rapper...
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

MistaNova

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 03:50:54 AM »
At this point I suppose Rick Ross and P. Diddy are no longer relevant in this thread, lol.

Though I fail to see how Rick Ross and Biggie Smalls are similar.
In terms of sales I presume? Or the fact that they both got ruined by their foes? Otherwise,
They're both fat but that's where the comparison ends.

illuminutty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 05:25:59 AM »
Biggie didn't sell out, although had he been around much longer its possible he would have...LAD had some raw ass joints.

For every raw joint,it had a terrible mainstream song.Life after death was extrememly jiggy and pop sounding,bordering on the sellout factor.But it had some great street tracks as well.I get the feeling the next album from him would be even worse,but we will never know.
he tried to copy aeom and failed

damn you're on Pac's Nuts  ;D
Life izza Beach & then U Swim!!!

illuminutty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2010, 05:31:28 AM »
First I only listen to underground,now Im a pac stan?But isnt pac mainstream?Lol.You cant be older then 13 or have an iq higher then 80.

What you think its just a fucking coincidence that pac drops the first double album in hip hop and then big drops one?Or how pac worked with bone thugs so then big works with them?Big wanted to be pac,that was his fucking mentor for the early parts of his career.He looked up to pac thats why he wouldnt diss him back.

Well Eazy-E would've been the first Rapper (wow i called him an Rapper) who wanted to bring out an Double CD!!!
Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton Vo. I & II but Died before it all got finished.
Life izza Beach & then U Swim!!!

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2010, 05:33:41 AM »
Selling out isn't neccisarily dumbing down it's just doing anything for some extra money.

damn, pure blasphemy!

after this post im done in this thread  :grumpy:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

ikke

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2010, 06:15:59 AM »

damn, pure blasphemy!

how is it blasphemy?

Lucifuge

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2010, 06:34:44 AM »

damn, pure blasphemy!

but Pac was rapping abaut how he's got shoot 5 time and still breathing ???
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2010, 06:38:20 AM »
how is it blasphemy?

you cant be serious? please, biggie was being touted as the G.O.A.T., rightly or wrongly, after 1 album...the shit didnt start after he died.

All biggie rapped about was bitches & money
take another listen to big's catalogue, nonsense...there was so much more to what he had to say than just bitches and money  :grumpy:

this comment actually hurt my head...Big accomplished more lyrically in 1 track than Gucci will his entire career...to try and put them on any kinda parity is sheer blasphemy

i actually cant believe some of the comments i read on this site anymore  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

ikke

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2010, 07:29:41 AM »
you cant be serious? please, biggie was being touted as the G.O.A.T., rightly or wrongly, after 1 album...the shit didnt start after he died.
Ofcourse a few people considered him the goat, I'm not calling him bad or anything.
I'm sure 98% of who call him the goat started doing so after his death or atleast after the death row beef.

You shouldn't consider somebody a GOAT for 1 good album anyway.

take another listen to big's catalogue, nonsense...there was so much more to what he had to say than just bitches and money
It made up for most his catalogue & we know he was all about the money.
Ok let me add death to that list...

this comment actually hurt my head...Big accomplished more lyrically in 1 track than Gucci will his entire career...to try and put them on any kinda parity is sheer blasphemy
I knew people couldn't read....

I'm not comparing Biggie with gucci I'm comparing the comparisson.
Tupac is just so much better then B.I.G., you can prefer BIG's music but pac is still superior.

EDIT: I don't hate biggie I just think he's the most overrated rapper in history next to jigga.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:39:53 AM by The Great Cornholio »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
you look at all the other guys that people said were "better" than Biggie?

Pac, Nas, Scarface, maybe Jay-Z.

you know what they all have in common? mad albums & music.

if you can honestly give the title of GOAT or "one of the greatest" to a guy who has two albums compared to the guys i named, who have like ten; it's really like, "wtf?" lol.