Author Topic: 2pac-bootleg history  (Read 2109 times)

V2DHeart

Re: 2pac-bootleg history
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »
A year or two listening to the Express "Muthafukin Express" tags, then untagged versions later used to make the songs sound weird for a good while after
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

aerroc

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 05:29:12 PM »
Yeah 2Pac did record alot back in 1996 but, he also did back in 1994 as well. The start of those unreleased recordings being leaked and circulating on bootlegs may go back as far as 1997. It's been rumored that back in 1997 some people that worked for Death Row Records began leaking 2Pac material on purpose because Death Row lost the rights 2 his recordings and they had 2 turn over those master recordings. For me personally, it started back in 1997.

chocolate bandit was 1

i bet u feel stupid now dont you ;D

StevenQBosell

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 06:07:46 PM »
A year or two listening to the Express "Muthafukin Express" tags, then untagged versions later used to make the songs sound weird for a good while after

man, taking me back memory lane! i was a freshman at LACC in '99 and the Nigerian bootlegger had Makaveli's 2-6. I had my 1st burner back then too, so I
cut a deal where I would burn him shit I'd find off the net, for a copy of MAk 2-6... Whenever I hear the OG Still I rise, Fade Me, or Never B Pece, I'm always used to those tags being there... great memories....

and great thread too, great info
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:52:43 PM by StevenQBosell »

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 06:18:22 PM »
The interesting thing is that for a long while, the DJ Express bootlegs had the best quality versions of A LOT of songs for a while.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 07:00:28 PM »
The interesting thing is that for a long while, the DJ Express bootlegs had the best quality versions of A LOT of songs for a while.

Very true, I remember in like '97 or '98 my aunt (who can't stand hip hop) had a Makaveli 2 boot at her place. I snatched that shit up quick, asked her where she acquired it from, and she said one of the kids at the group home she used to work for, sold it to her for $5.

Got home, popped it in, and for the time, the Q wasn't bad: an obvious tape rip, with what seemed to be a Dolby-B/ Dolby-C effect on the tape, or someone turned the treble way down on the cassette player. i specifically remember that CD had Hit Em Up 2 on it, which I heard for the 1st time and said to myself "OK the rumors are true." Everybody at my school was talking about Hit Em Up 2 but no one had it on CD or tape lol... those were the days. Anyways the CD fade Me, Play Your Cards Right, Soon As I Get Home, and some other ones I forget, it wasso long ago... But i remember they wereb't tagged. fast forward to '99, where I got those DJ Express boots @ school, The quality was absolute night and day.

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 12:24:12 PM »
interesting thread.

Anyway, its like trying to know who killed Tupac, lol

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »
Yeah, those DJ Express bootlegs was killin it, just like tha DJ Motion bootlegs also.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 03:19:52 PM »
Bootlegs circulated before Chocolate Bandit was on Tha Row
before 1992 eh?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 04:09:23 PM »
before 1992 eh?

Chocolate Bandit was on Death Row in 1997. Chocolate is a completely different rapper. Some of you forum posters need to step up your knowledge.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 04:26:37 PM »
before 1992 eh?

Chocolate Bandit was on Death Row in 1997. Chocolate is a completely different rapper. Some of you forum posters need to step up your knowledge.

so hes not the guy from "niggaz is lyke dat"?

sorry for not knowing much about death row's greatest artist named after a candy flavor.........:D
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
before 1992 eh?

sorry for not knowing much about death row's greatest artist named after a candy flavor.........:D

No, he isn't. You can't tell the obvious difference in voices and styles?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 04:31:09 PM »
before 1992 eh?

No, he isn't. You can't tell the obvious difference in voices and styles?

my life has never sunk to the point of depression that i actually would choose to listen to a rapper called "the chocolate bandit"

only song by Chocolate i've heard is Niggaz is lyke dat and i dont even know which verse he is  - besides not snoops

Taclivin

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 04:46:43 PM »
Sorry to be off topic but does anyone have those dj motion bootlegs?
had them back in the geocities days but they are long since lost :(