Author Topic: Where is the left? The Missing Left in America  (Read 455 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:Where is the left? The Missing Left in America
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2002, 02:00:22 PM »
What's wrong with people paying small amounts on their taxes to help out their fellow citizen?

Oh and damn right France has the best healthcare my Dad fucked up his knee on holiday and needed an op there and then and it was fucking awesome.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2002, 02:03:55 PM »
uhhh no.
for one the UK is 'left' for the first time in over 10 years.

No one of you has answered my question so I will rephrase.

In a society where people have to pay for their health care whats happens to those who cant afford treatment?

They are left to die?

My mom was diagnosed with cancer this last winter, and was in the hospital for weeks, and had two major operations.  The bills totalled about 120,000 dollars, all of which was covered by Medicaid, available to anyone who 'can't afford treatment'.  

My father died two years ago.  The attending physician who tried to save his life waved all of his fees for the 4 hours of work he put in on my dad trying to bring him back to life.  The hospital also dropped their fees for the storage of the body and the ambulance ride there.

Anymore questions?

CWalker187

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2002, 11:13:16 PM »
You guys are mistaken....America's hospitals are the best in the world. When wealthy people around the world need care...they come here.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2002, 11:47:43 PM »
No CWalker you are wrong. Officially The USA has the 38th best health care system in the world (that means that 37 other countries have better health care than in America)
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2002, 12:25:20 AM »
maybe you're both right....  ;)

perhaps that rating relates to an all round figure.

cwalker... yes they might be the best *if you can afford it*, but 'best' might not just be as shallow as to be weighed up by monetary things.

my point is if u cant afford health insurance and medicaid wont cover you, you can end up in debt pretty easy after a accident... here they bandage you up and your on your way.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2002, 12:29:39 AM by Overseer »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2002, 04:56:13 AM »
I guess it all depends on what you guys think about what's better. See, I've seen both sides. Growing up in California poor, the state actually paid for my health care because my dad could not afford it, so I got Medi-Cal (California insurance). After graduating high school, I was on my own, then my dad got a job, and I'm under his insurance as long as I'm in college. My grandma changes health insurance all the time, because most hospitals she goes too, she don't like. After retirement age, elderly get Medi-Care, or can change. In between, if you can get a union job, that comes with health benefits. Our system of health insurance is not the best, but we do prioritze for elderly, and children. They will not be left to fend for themselves if that are helpless. Although Bushes changes have made it harder on some elderly, like my grandma who used to get free Medican, now she pays for her own. So it's not getting better, but right now, we are cool. Universal health care would be great, Clinton tried getting that. But of course, even the Democrats disagreed with it. So in the future, we will see. But right now, we can hold ourselves up.