Author Topic: Anti American Posts  (Read 1032 times)

Woodrow

Re:Anti American Posts
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2002, 03:42:32 AM »
Allah teaches us to be patient, tolerant.  I was not.  An aversion overtook me after Trauma and Jake repeatedly called me the devil.  Trauma had previously reported me to the authorities as being a terrorist.  I then strayed away from everything I've been taught by my Islamic mentors, and I made attempts to discredit another man's religion.  

I sincearly ask for your forgiveness, Jake and Trauma.  And upon Isha prayer today I will ask for Allah's forgiveness.

In the future I will continue to defend my religion, but I will refrain from discrediting anothers religion.  I ask that Siavish and Tech help prevent me from doing this again.  I am eternally sorry and ask for forgiveness.  Peace.

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2002, 04:01:45 AM »
I'm gonna try and bring some objective thinking to this debate. I may fail, but I'll try.

First off : Why are all posts negative? I think the reason for this is to counter-balance the propoganda of TV, movies etc, which proclaim the US as the clean-cut hero of the world. I think the purpose of these posts is not to make you hate your own country, but to realise the crimes to humanity that are being done behind the curtain of capitalism. I myself am not against capitalism, but I am against the corruption that is allowed breed because of it. Perhaps with the knowledge that these posts hope to give you, you can question your own government and maybe they will  change in a small way.

As for the Stupid/osama/jealous complexes i don't think they apply. The worldwide anti-american feeling is not towards the american citizens. In fact they are probably related to us in some way. It is with, as Quake put it, the selfishness of the US government foreign policies. It is one thing to remain on top, but doing so by putting other countrys down, bombing them, basically fucking around with their own concerns, thats what breeds hate.  Also, the fact that yall backed out of KYOTO, which everyone else, regardless of their economic situation signed up to. The fact that GWB wouldnt even go to the world summit in south africa.
Now trauma made a good point, every country has its rotten apples. Very true. Here in Ireland our current government are a lying corrupt bunch of dick-lickers. But the only thing i can say in their favour is they pay their dues internationally and dont go around trying to control the world. I may have missed out on a few points here, but if I have, point them out and I'll gladly answer them.

One last thing....Why does this always become Christian vs Muslim??? I'm of no religion, brought up in a christian society but I think it needs to be seperated from political discussions.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2002, 09:45:59 AM »
^^ Props to you homie. This is the kind of response I'm sure Trauma was hoping for, and it actually makes alot of sense. I'm not saying I think it's okay for constant shots at america, but it does shed some light on why there are so many posts. As for the muslim/christian issue, the shit is tired. Just worship who you worship, and don't sweat someone else's views. And to people who generalize all americans, it's tired too. I know my government does some shady shit, and I don't condone it. However, I'm still proud of my country. It does a huge amount of good too, and that is what I concentrate on. I'm allowed to say what I want, worship who I want, and I have a good job that puts food on the table. So why wouldn't I reflect positivley on my nation. Fuck the haters.

Quakaveli

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2002, 09:56:48 AM »
LOL Yall...Irish Thug...Look at history and tha nations that have been on the top of the world...America is fucking super-considerate if you compare US to the superpoweres of the past. Dont be going on with the "its one thing to be on top" bullshit...here are sum examples:-->

Ceaser's Empire...fool was ruthless and took over every damn nation he could
Britian...super imperialists ..were cruel, used evil strategies such as "divide and conquer" which are still hurting some peoples(hindus and muslims in india)...Britain didnt give a shit about anyone but themselves

Look at the Islamic rulers of the past...pathans fucking plundered and raped and destroyed everyplace they went and left the place like shit with no money and in shambles too...

THINK ABOUT ALL THIS SHIT, adn THEN call US bad

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2002, 09:57:58 AM »
Here's how the board rolls.  

Somebody comments on how negative everything is, it turns into a big debate with christians and muslims getting slammed.  Since the muslims rule the board, they slam harder.

Then somebody comes along and says "Oh, lets forget it" and everybody tries to play nice again.  

It's like a bad girlfriend.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2002, 10:07:29 AM »
but see...and again, i aint catchin no feelins or nuthin..
but i dont understand why yall average citizens get so upset when i criticize your American govt, do u realize how much Bush is hated in the world?  Do u fully understand the amount of anti American hatred in the world? See the middle east? 80% of the people there dont like you, THERE HAS TO BE A REASON FOR THAT GUYS...cmon man put 2 and 2 together,

anyways, im wastin time here when i should finish this god damn essay, its 12:30 am , and im gonna be up all night...

*gets back to his essay*

I'm with ant on this one, if 80% of the people in the middle east hate us, so what?  A lotta people hate muslims right now, that doesn't mean "THERES A REASON FOR THAT GUYS!".  

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2002, 12:47:41 PM »
Quake ... you don't need to tell me how bad those superpowers were.
We fought for 900years to get rid of the british. I personally don't "hate" them, but still I am wary of british people, even though i have family there. What they did was horrible, horrific, but I think that can be put under a different heading. What we have here is a new form of imperialism or global superpower. Very like how the enemies are no longer nations, but cells that work within the nations. I think america is bad in a different way. It gives a good standard of living to healthy, wealthy americans. My uncle who emigrated there would testify this. However social framework is not great, but I won't give out about that because you dont give out about policies within my country. The badness of america mainly resides within the big corporations and their puppets in government.In an attempt to maintain its own economic stability, the US is exploiting other countries and the environment. In the past issues were different. The US doesnt colonise other countries and enslave them. However, it does tend to search for "strategic strongholds" in parts of the world, and rather than enslave the people, enslave their economies. The US is not an evil country. GWB is not evil. He may be stupid and/or dangerous, but not evil. At least not evil like old british colonists. However his lack of empathy on foreign issues and his eagerness for war make him a major threat to the world. Damn, Ive lost my train of thought....

Anyway, heres a metaphor i think may apply... Every basket has it's rotten apples, but unless you get rid of these apples and replace them with good ones the basket will always be tainted.

Every country has a dirty underside, but what is unfortunate is the one with a greater amount of dirt, is the nation that is trying to control the world.

I guess what I'm trying to say is two wrongs dont make a right quake. The british were bastards, but that doesnt mean you should be too.
I dont want to come across as totally anti american because i know there are good aspects to it. Just try and open ur mind slightly and see its not all good, but it could be.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2002, 04:40:02 PM »
but see...and again, i aint catchin no feelins or nuthin..
but i dont understand why yall average citizens get so upset when i criticize your American govt, do u realize how much Bush is hated in the world?  Do u fully understand the amount of anti American hatred in the world? See the middle east? 80% of the people there dont like you, THERE HAS TO BE A REASON FOR THAT GUYS...cmon man put 2 and 2 together,

anyways, im wastin time here when i should finish this god damn essay, its 12:30 am , and im gonna be up all night...

*gets back to his essay*

I'm with ant on this one, if 80% of the people in the middle east hate us, so what?  A lotta people hate muslims right now, that doesn't mean "THERES A REASON FOR THAT GUYS!".  

Sorry Trauma thats not what I was getting at.  Actually I was trying to say the exact opposite.  There are a lot of muslims that hate america and  there is an must be a reason for this.  I think its a worthwhile situation to try and understand.   Likewise, I think we should try to understand the reverse.  That being why do americans dislike many muslim and middle eastern countries.  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2002, 04:42:54 PM by Ant »

Trauma-san

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2002, 05:03:30 PM »
o.k.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2002, 12:05:37 AM »
all i'm going to say is i know america isn't the only 'bad' country out there........if america deserves to be panned so much and y'all are sooooo intellectual about world history let's talk about

the british
the french
the italians
japan
korea
spain(the slaughtering of aztecs in mexico, and the crusades in spain where many muslums killed innocent spanish people in church to "show them the rath of allah)
let's talk about how blacks are more racist than whites currently
let's talk about woman's lib in other countries
let's talk about aaallllllllllll the negative stuff then guys if there's so much crap out there in the world

you don't always have to single us out

and to answer tech's question "why do you americans get so mad when i criticize your government"

tech....for someone who prides himself on knowing everything there is to know about the american government your ignorant to the basic principle of US government............WE RUN THE GOVERNMENT , this ain't a dictatorship........and perhaps if more people voted here you'd see that the average citizen isn't what YOU foriegnors think it is.......god

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2002, 04:50:53 AM »
all i'm going to say is i know america isn't the only 'bad' country out there........if america deserves to be panned so much and y'all are sooooo intellectual about world history let's talk about

the british
the french
the italians
japan
korea
spain(the slaughtering of aztecs in mexico, and the crusades in spain where many muslums killed innocent spanish people in church to "show them the rath of allah)
let's talk about aaallllllllllll the negative stuff then guys if there's so much crap out there in the world

and to answer tech's question "why do you americans get so mad when i criticize your government"

tech....for someone who prides himself on knowing everything there is to know about the american government your ignorant to the basic principle of US government............WE RUN THE GOVERNMENT , this ain't a dictatorship........and perhaps if more people voted here you'd see that the average citizen isn't what YOU foriegnors think it is.......god

so YOU decided that that George Bush should be president even though Al Gore had more votes??
you decided to bomb afghanistan??
YOU decided to put the "parental advisory" on explicit cd's ??

i think not...

the people dont decide a shit... not even a rightfull president ::)

Woodrow

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2002, 09:23:43 AM »

the british
the french
the italians
japan
korea

so YOU decided that that George Bush should be president even though Al Gore had more votes??

i think not...

Yes... I voted for George Bush.
Yes I thought that THE TALIBAN, and AL QUEDA should be removed by any means necessary
Although I didn't decide to put the stickers on CD's, I think it's a good idea.
Plus, couldn't you come up with something better to diss us on? Stickers on CD's? Come on... Aren't there more pressing issues in the world than the stickers on CDs?  ::)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2002, 12:33:04 PM »

LMFAO!!!!!!! America is not controlled by the people , wtf?
damn cuz...you need help....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2002, 03:08:13 PM »

the british
the french
the italians
japan
korea

i think not...

Yes I thought that THE TALIBAN, and AL QUEDA should be removed by any means necessary
Plus, couldn't you come up with something better to diss us on? Stickers on CD's? Come on... Aren't there more pressing issues in the world than the stickers on CDs?  ::)

1. you did vote for bush, but did you decide that its fair for bush to be president when gore had more votes??
2. you think taliban bombing is a good idea, but face it.. you didn not decide a SHIT
3. you think that PA-stickers is a good idea, but face it.. you didn not decide a SHIT

belive me, i can drag more important issues, but i dont wanna spend my time

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2002, 03:10:04 PM »

the british
the french
the italians
japan
korea

i think not...

1. you did vote for bush, but did you decide that its fair for bush to be president when gore had more votes??
2. you think taliban bombing is a good idea, but face it.. you didn not decide a SHIT
3. you think that PA-stickers is a good idea, but face it.. you didn not decide a SHIT

belive me, i can drag more important issues, but i dont wanna spend my time