Author Topic: (VIDEO) On the top of the tallest man-made structure ever built, 828 m.  (Read 212 times)

Elano

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VrGsS2IQqAg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VrGsS2IQqAg</a>

A total of 18 machines have been delivered to the building and the higest operating BMU in the world working at 715 meters

Fact Sheet - Burj Dubai

Currently the worlds tallest building and tallest man-made structure, Burj Dubai is at the centre of Downtown Burj Dubai, the flagship mega-project of Emaar Properties in Dubai. The final height of the tower will be revealed on its completion in 2009.

With a development value of over US$1 billion, Burj Dubai, when completed, will fulfil all the criteria of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), which ranks the worlds tallest buildings on the basis of spire height, the highest occupied floor, roof height and pinnacle height.

At a current height of over 800 metres (2,625 ft), Burj Dubai has now also scaled over 160 levels, the most number of storeys in any building in the world. Burj Dubai has already surpassed the height of the KVLY-TV mast in North Dakota, USA - 628.8 metres (2,063 ft), which held the distinction of being the worlds tallest man-made structure. Burj Dubai is taller than Taipei 101 in Taiwan, which at 508 metres (1,667 ft) has held the tallest-building-in-the-world title since it opened in 2004. The tower also surpassed the 31-year-old record of CN Tower, which at 553.33 metres (1,815.5 ft) has been the worlds tallest free-standing structure on land since 1976.

Leveraging on the advancements in construction engineering, Burj Dubai undertook height enhancement in 2008 and is also upgrading its interior finishes. International designers from California have revisited the designs to make the residences more attractive and functionally superior.

In just 1,325 days since excavation work started in January, 2004, Burj Dubai became the tallest free-standing structure in the world. More than 11,000 consultants and skilled construction workers are employed on site, and the worlds fastest high-capacity construction hoists, with a speed of up to 2 m/sec (120 metres/min), were used to move men and materials.

When completed, the tower will have used 330,000 cubic meters of concrete, 39,000 metric tons of steel rebar and 142,000 sq m of glass and 22 million man hours.

The design inspiration for Burj Dubai is drawn from the desert flower, Hymenocalis, and incorporates patterning systems that are embodied in Islamic architecture. The tower is designed as three petals arranged around a central core. As the tower rises from the flat base, the petals setback in an upward-spiraling pattern.

Burj Dubais structure has employed the latest advances in wind engineering, structural engineering, structural systems, construction materials and construction methods. It will have a high performance exterior cladding system to withstand the harsh summer temperatures.

A mixed-use tower, Burj Dubai features 2 million sq ft of residential and over 220,000 sq ft of prime business space, in addition to the Armani Hotel Dubai, and Armani Residences Dubai, luxury hospitality ventures by Emaar in association with haute couture major Giorgio Armani S.p.A.

The tower offers recreational facilities and entertainment venues including four luxurious pools and a cigar club, a library, exclusive residents lounge, serviced residences, fitness facilities and an observatory deck on level 124, At The Top opening to impressive views of Dubai. The tower will also have a large Office Annexure.

Quick Facts:
Final Height: Unrevealed
No of floors: Unrevealed
Estimated population upon completion: 35,000
Developer: Emaar Properties PJSC
Architects and Engineers: Chicago-based Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM)
Designer: Adrian Smith
Main Contractor: South Koreas Samsung Corporation
Project and Construction Manager: Turner International
Built-up area: 5 million sq ft
No of lifts to be installed: 54

Construction Schedule:
Excavation started: January 2004
Piling started: March 2004
Superstructure started: March 2005
Level 50: June 2006
Level 100: January 2007
Level 110 (tallest structure in the Middle East and Europe): March 2007
Level 120: April 2007
Level 130: May 2007
Level 141 (worlds tallest building): July 2007
Level 150 (worlds tallest free-standing structure): September 2007
Level 160 (worlds tallest man-made structure): April 2008
Cladding competed: September 2009

ikke

Re: (VIDEO) On the top of the tallest man-made structure ever built, 828 m.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:21:15 PM »
THAT'S NOTHING, PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE MADE A TOWER THAT REACHED HEAVEN

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:25:43 PM »
THAT'S NOTHING, PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE MADE A TOWER THAT REACHED HEAVEN

hahahaha yeah thats when god fucced up the languages i believe...created spanish and danish. it's the most fucced up bullshit story since jonah and the whale.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 03:22:25 PM »
^Yo did ya'll used ta same that same song in elementary school in music class?

Who did, who did, who did, who did
Who did swallow Jo Jo Jonah
Whale did, whale did, whale did, whale did

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »
FUUUUUCK THAAAT.

i aint scared of heights, but im scared of THAT height.  ill stay with my feet planted firmly on the ground, if ya smell what im cookin. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 05:39:24 PM »
^Yo did ya'll used ta same that same song in elementary school in music class?

Who did, who did, who did, who did
Who did swallow Jo Jo Jonah
Whale did, whale did, whale did, whale did

ok you just quadrupled my dedication to satanism  :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil:

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 06:02:05 PM »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

kemizt

illwill

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 06:41:53 PM »
My penis is bigger

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 08:59:31 PM »
My nose is bigger.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE