Author Topic: Official Game R.E.D. (& Detox) Album Thread (updates with studio pics)  (Read 62002 times)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Game & Dr Dre & Blackwallstreet...
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2010, 07:44:44 PM »
I was actually gonna make a thread for The Documentary 5th anniversary lol too late I guess

8) A modern day classic. Even though the album has quite a few features and different producers, all tracks are coherent and the album BANGS . still remember when i heard How we do,  good times. 8)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2010, 07:52:24 PM »
RED's got me intrigued...
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: News about Game's R.E.D. album
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »
Ah, come on... Not quite true.

BISD was rather good, but clearly the buzz has died down completely, It has sold over 350 k now in the US, so he has probably sold at least 500 - 750 k worldwide at this point. (haven't been able to find the worldwide chart)

Game is a good rapper with a universal flow, that much I'll give you,and with the right help he can rape any beat....
But come on, the hooks and namedropping and depending on others has always been his problem.

Flow, better delivery, better lyrics are debatable, executive producers role, get the fuck outta here man  ???

50 can do an album by himself, the Game simply can't.

Before I could have seen Game come up on top. But the guy simply hasn't got his head right and has too many issues with his own persona he needs to solve.

His disses are downright embarrasing at this point, cause he has tried to apoligize way too many times, all those stupid tattoo's, now a Neptunes one, I mean come on, dummy, u look like the biggest wanker ever.

I mean, finally when we are about to think he actually means that he'll leave the beef alone, trying to tell a cute little story bout how Michael Jackson wanted to squash the beef with 50, there was no respons from the G-Unit camp, so he turns around the next week and ask his Australian fans to kill him and the rest of the unit for him, it's clearly a guy who can't cope with the fact, that it's over with, they want nothing to do with his ass, period!

50 Cent has played himself with sales, but he has never bowed down to Game. For that I respect him, Game simply fucked it up way too much for it to be squashed. Same with Buck now.

Fifthy USED to bea good executive producer, now he ain't. 50 USED to be a great hook singer now he's not. You're talking like we're still in 03. As far as all the other things you've said, what the hell has that got to do with music ? Absolutely nothing, good music is good music.

And as far as 50 doing albums by himself; he did that with Curtis, T.O.S. and BISD and all that was trash. He needs Dre & Em more than Game.

Agreed. Im not hating on 50 or anything, i'm glad dude made millions, but that's the thing, Dre was not a hustla, he was always about the music. 50 was a hustla, and rap was just a way for him to make money. Em and Dre love Music, and u see it in there work. 50's in love with the money and the power. And once he made his millions off of that Vitamin Water, he was set forever. That's when he lost the hunger and that was where the decline started. unfortunately. Personally I like Curtis, but it was nowhere near GRODT and Massacre.  And as much as T.O.S and BISD has a few nice elements, you can sense that the hunger is gone.

Game, without Dre or Em, maintained that love for music, for hip hop, and that's what kept him alive.

As for what Davizz said, the original R.E.D was probably scrapped, and i'm guessing Dre wants to do another Documentary.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2010, 08:18:24 PM »
50 lost his hunger way before the vitamin stuff
so it wasnt vitamin water...that excuse wont work
he hasnt been the same since get rich or die tryin or even before
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »
It bothers when people critique Curtis, Terminate On Site, and Before I Self Destruct as trash.

Curtis = 50's weakest effort that suffered due to an inconsistency in atmosphere on the album.  It attempted to balance a raw sound and a polished pop song that his past two albums maintained while working with other artists.  From this perspective it was a failure.  Yet, this does not mean the tracks are bad.  Most of them are good (quality.)  Are they his best work?  No, but they are from trash.  Curtis does contain his worst track (Amusement Park).  This also happens to be the only bad track too. 

Terminate on Sight:  contains one horrible track due to it's auto-tuned chorus (rider part 2) but the rest of the album is not trash.  again like Curtis, is it the best from them? No, but it isn't bad.   

Before I Self Destruct:  I don't know how this is trash.  it's got amazing consistency in atmosphere, it flows from each track.  each track stands on itself with the exception of the last two or so.  add in the leftovers you got a hell of an album. 

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

fabtoxicp

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2010, 09:57:25 PM »
"Get Rich Or Die Tryin' is a classic. "Beg For Mercy" too - even if it's not considered to be one just yet (wait a couple of more years)

but i really liked the old mixtape stuff Fif did, before the Shady/Aftermath circus. i also liked the older material before dat, "Power Of the Dollar" - when he was runnin wit Onx, Trackmasters and Jam Master Jay..

and 50 Cent can be an extremely dope rapper (not artist) if he wants to.. especially if it's beef involved. don't forget dat people like Sticky Fingaz and Jam Master Jay (of Run D-MC) created him, and taught him how to rap the way he do (or can do LOL)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:58:57 PM by fabtoxicp »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
It bothers when people critique Curtis, Terminate On Site, and Before I Self Destruct as trash.

Curtis = 50's weakest effort that suffered due to an inconsistency in atmosphere on the album.  It attempted to balance a raw sound and a polished pop song that his past two albums maintained while working with other artists.  From this perspective it was a failure.  Yet, this does not mean the tracks are bad.  Most of them are good (quality.)  Are they his best work?  No, but they are from trash.  Curtis does contain his worst track (Amusement Park).  This also happens to be the only bad track too. 

Terminate on Sight:  contains one horrible track due to it's auto-tuned chorus (rider part 2) but the rest of the album is not trash.  again like Curtis, is it the best from them? No, but it isn't bad.   

Before I Self Destruct:  I don't know how this is trash.  it's got amazing consistency in atmosphere, it flows from each track.  each track stands on itself with the exception of the last two or so.  add in the leftovers you got a hell of an album. 

Agreed. BISD especially, that shit goes.

blackwallguerilla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2010, 11:50:01 PM »
Damn I'd love it if Game got the whole BWS back together.

What happened between Game and his bro was a tragic side effect of success.

To see Phat Rat 2Teez and G Ride back in it would be cool.

Azadis

• 'G'
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2010, 12:56:21 AM »
Wow Great News.

I think Game needs his Brother and all his old People.

And there will be a Big Money Version with Snoop and Nipsey according to Taydoe dont know if its true.

I think game can really come back to the spotlight and to the mainstream.

Of course it looks like his album will be soft pussy shit with Features like Justin, Robin Thicke, Pharell and Diddy.
But i think it still can be a very, very good album, game has good hears for Beats, he worked on the album so long, i think it can be very special.

hope i am right ;D...

00X2X

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2010, 03:08:43 AM »
can i dream --> '' The Black Wall Street - Journal Vol 2 '' :drool:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/rW6GVvOgcsY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/rW6GVvOgcsY</a>

Soopahigh

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2010, 04:59:58 AM »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2010, 06:45:57 AM »
beg for mercy wasnt dope all the thru but
beg for mercy>>>>>>get rich or die tryin soundtrack, tony yayo album, curtis, t.o.s., massacre, bisd, rotten apple, blood money

"Get Rich Or Die Tryin' is a classic. "Beg For Mercy" too - even if it's not considered to be one just yet (wait a couple of more years)

but i really liked the old mixtape stuff Fif did, before the Shady/Aftermath circus. i also liked the older material before dat, "Power Of the Dollar" - when he was runnin wit Onx, Trackmasters and Jam Master Jay..

and 50 Cent can be an extremely dope rapper (not artist) if he wants to.. especially if it's beef involved. don't forget dat people like Sticky Fingaz and Jam Master Jay (of Run D-MC) created him, and taught him how to rap the way he do (or can do LOL)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dane

• 'G'
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »
I know many of the things I said haven't got shit to do with the music, but in rap, particularly, ur Persona and actions outside the booth will be watched and judged upon.

Game has the lowest self esteem ever, thats why he won't ever top 50, and why 50's line, Game u'll never be my equal is so true.

TT Makaveli

• 'G'
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2010, 01:07:44 PM »
i hope 1st single will be a Dre track...some hard shit and than the 2nd the Pharell & Justin track for the mainstream...if he would do it like this with good promotion it could be really a great year for the game!

i would love to see Big Fase & Dre in a Game video again!

+ hey guys game will drop 400 Bars And Runnin...its official!
watch his Twitter!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:13:25 PM by TT Makaveli »

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2010, 01:30:20 PM »
i hope 1st single will be a Dre track...some hard shit and than the 2nd the Pharell & Justin track for the mainstream...if he would do it like this with good promotion it could be really a great year for the game!

i would love to see Big Fase & Dre in a Game video again!

+ hey guys game will drop 400 Bars And Runnin...its official!
watch his Twitter!

yeah just saw that, i guess it's gonna be on that mixtape hosted by Drama he was talking about...hmm 8)