Author Topic: Exclusive: DJ Silk & Chocolate Interview: Detox & More (major hand in Detox)  (Read 1889 times)

Lunatic

props for the long interview :)
Raptalk.Net: What do you think of the process he’s going through now to try and regain his original voice back twenty years later?

Chocolate: (Laughs) you know that’s crazy, my mom had told me he went over and had dinner with her about a month ago. He was telling her that he was about to go and have surgery. I’m hoping that could happen. If that could happen, I think the west coast would really change. D.O.C. right to this day is one of the best lyricists in my book.
:eh: i thought The D.O.C. already had one operation in 2009?
This interview was done about 3 months ago. I'm not sure on the latest with DOC, ain't heard about anything.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Raptalk.Net: What do you think of the process he’s going through now to try and regain his original voice back twenty years later?

Chocolate: (Laughs) you know that’s crazy, my mom had told me he went over and had dinner with her about a month ago. He was telling her that he was about to go and have surgery. I’m hoping that could happen. If that could happen, I think the west coast would really change. D.O.C. right to this day is one of the best lyricists in my book.
This interview was done about 3 months ago. I'm not sure on the latest with DOC, ain't heard about anything.
i see.
maybe i should check your last interview with The D.O.C. again, because something doesn't add up

Raptalk.Net: Hell yeah. This is the big question right here. Do you think “Detox” will set up Slim just as “The Chronic” set up Snoop Dogg and “2001” set up Eminem?

DJ Silk: I think so. I think that’s the best thing that could happen to him. He’s had other things going on before that. He’s a go hard in the paint type of person. It’s good because he’s running with the music to be able to express what he’s feeling. He’s writing hell of songs. He is what the game is missing and I’m glad that he’s with us.

Chocolate: Yes. I think that Slim is groomed. Snoop [Dogg] was ready but you know if you’re cooking something and it’s almost perfect but it might need a little more seasoning? That’s how Snoop was. Snoop just needed a little seasoning and it wasn’t a lot. I’m looking at the difference in-between how that was with Dre then and its how it is with Slim now. Slim is just ready. He’s groomed and polished. He doesn’t need any training. He doesn’t have to do songs with Dre standing over his shoulder. He’s gonna’ do 2-3 songs in one night. If he works for 12 hours here with us, he’s gonna’ have 3-4 songs done. His work ethic is beyond incredible; beyond (laughs). And I don’t say it because he’s my nephew. What’s funny about it is, when he was locked up in prison, I was telling him then that when he comes home, I’m gonna’ get him in the studio and we’re gonna’ work because he was already dope. If he just put his mind to this, it’s gonna’ happen for him and he put his mind to it. All the people I was telling that thought I was just saying it because he’s my blood, my family. But no, I‘m telling you because he’s good at what he does.
speaking of bias, lol.
as an outsider i would say that Snoop was a rough diamond when he joined Death Row, but Slim isn't even a diamond (yet)

Raptalk.Net: And what’s your involvement in “Detox” right now and what do you believe is the status of that record?

DJ Silk: Of course I’m Slim’s DJ as well as one of his producers, Chocolate’s partner. Our involvement is to do what we can actually. So far, we have one solid track on “Detox” which is ridiculous. I’m blessed and proud to actually have the talent to make it on “Detox.” There are a lot of guys that did a lot of work and didn’t make it on “Detox.” It was good work but Dre is a perfectionist. If it’s not ultimately dope shit, it’s not gonna’ go there. Whoever is doing records right now, when “Detox” drops, get in research mode because this dude is doing musical movies. It’s beyond a song now. He’s the Steven Spielberg of music. I truly and honestly believe, and I know that now. Dre plays all kinds of instruments. He doesn’t even need our help; put it that way. I’m blessed to at least have a few joints on there.

Chocolate: It’ll be hard for me to say how many joints Dre got done. Me and DJ Silk, we’re working right now trying to come up with more joints for the “Detox” album. We have, we know we made the record. We have a joint on “Detox” that is a hot joint and Dre did his thing on it. I think that the status of it, I couldn’t tell you. The man is a perfectionist. I do know that it is coming out though (laughs).
that's funny that they know that they have a song on the final tracklist, while the tracklist doesn't even exist.
i may be an outsider, so what?

Soopahigh

i see.
maybe i should check your last interview with The D.O.C. again, because something doesn't add up

Raptalk.Net: Hell yeah. This is the big question right here. Do you think “Detox” will set up Slim just as “The Chronic” set up Snoop Dogg and “2001” set up Eminem?

DJ Silk: I think so. I think that’s the best thing that could happen to him. He’s had other things going on before that. He’s a go hard in the paint type of person. It’s good because he’s running with the music to be able to express what he’s feeling. He’s writing hell of songs. He is what the game is missing and I’m glad that he’s with us.

Chocolate: Yes. I think that Slim is groomed. Snoop [Dogg] was ready but you know if you’re cooking something and it’s almost perfect but it might need a little more seasoning? That’s how Snoop was. Snoop just needed a little seasoning and it wasn’t a lot. I’m looking at the difference in-between how that was with Dre then and its how it is with Slim now. Slim is just ready. He’s groomed and polished. He doesn’t need any training. He doesn’t have to do songs with Dre standing over his shoulder. He’s gonna’ do 2-3 songs in one night. If he works for 12 hours here with us, he’s gonna’ have 3-4 songs done. His work ethic is beyond incredible; beyond (laughs). And I don’t say it because he’s my nephew. What’s funny about it is, when he was locked up in prison, I was telling him then that when he comes home, I’m gonna’ get him in the studio and we’re gonna’ work because he was already dope. If he just put his mind to this, it’s gonna’ happen for him and he put his mind to it. All the people I was telling that thought I was just saying it because he’s my blood, my family. But no, I‘m telling you because he’s good at what he does.
speaking of bias, lol.
as an outsider i would say that Snoop was a rough diamond when he joined Death Row, but Slim isn't even a diamond (yet)

Raptalk.Net: And what’s your involvement in “Detox” right now and what do you believe is the status of that record?

DJ Silk: Of course I’m Slim’s DJ as well as one of his producers, Chocolate’s partner. Our involvement is to do what we can actually. So far, we have one solid track on “Detox” which is ridiculous. I’m blessed and proud to actually have the talent to make it on “Detox.” There are a lot of guys that did a lot of work and didn’t make it on “Detox.” It was good work but Dre is a perfectionist. If it’s not ultimately dope shit, it’s not gonna’ go there. Whoever is doing records right now, when “Detox” drops, get in research mode because this dude is doing musical movies. It’s beyond a song now. He’s the Steven Spielberg of music. I truly and honestly believe, and I know that now. Dre plays all kinds of instruments. He doesn’t even need our help; put it that way. I’m blessed to at least have a few joints on there.

Chocolate: It’ll be hard for me to say how many joints Dre got done. Me and DJ Silk, we’re working right now trying to come up with more joints for the “Detox” album. We have, we know we made the record. We have a joint on “Detox” that is a hot joint and Dre did his thing on it. I think that the status of it, I couldn’t tell you. The man is a perfectionist. I do know that it is coming out though (laughs).
that's funny that they know that they have a song on the final tracklist, while the tracklist doesn't even exist.

how do you know that the tracklist doen't not exist  ?
Maybe Detox is getting closer to getting released than we know...

Lunatic

Silk & Chocolate got no reason to lie to me. I got a cool relationship with them. They actually said the title of their track on "Detox" but we decided it was in the best interest to remove that since they're have been a lot of leaks and hackers trying to fuck shit up.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chad Vader

Silk & Chocolate got no reason to lie to me. I got a cool relationship with them.
They actually said the title of their track on "Detox" but we decided it was in the best interest to remove that since they're have been a lot of leaks and hackers trying to fuck shit up.

Based on the many turns Detox has taken,you can't really blame people to be a little sceptic.  :P :laugh:

kuruptDPG

good interview, alot to read on which is intresting,dope that dj silk is workin wit dre now

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

i see.

speaking of bias, lol.

how do you know that the tracklist doen't not exist  ?
Maybe Detox is getting closer to getting released than we know...

2+2=4

Silk & Chocolate got no reason to lie to me. I got a cool relationship with them. They actually said the title of their track on "Detox" but we decided it was in the best interest to remove that since they're have been a lot of leaks and hackers trying to fuck shit up.
i'm sure Bishop Lamont, Dr.Dre, Dawaun Parker etc. had no reason to lie either, but we can't go to the store/ order Detox online can we?
besides, it hasn't been that long since you were skeptical about Detox.

by the way, can you explain how DJ Silk & Chocolate have a major hand in Detox?
the interview didn't really explain this.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Has Slim da Mobster released any music yet? Songs or something since they're really praising him. I wanna check out if he's really that good.

teletomble

Has Slim da Mobster released any music yet? Songs or something since they're really praising him. I wanna check out if he's really that good.

He's Got A Mixtape Out Called "South Centrals Finest"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ydsjw3jQiGc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ydsjw3jQiGc</a>
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ydsjw3jQiGc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ydsjw3jQiGc</a>
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MistaNova

Actually, it’s not just him, I have another nephew who is XV; I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of XV out of Wichita, Kansas?

XV – The Kid With The Green Backpack EPK (Video)
http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2010/01/08/xv-the-kid-with-the-green-backpack-epk-video/
<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8616644&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8616644&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1</a>

The official 2010 Electronic Press Kit for the homie XV. Check the 1:23 mark as the kid is checking out your favorite site on the net. Yessir!
+
XV – Me, You (rmx) f. Freddie Gibbs & Shawn Chrystopher (prod. Seven)

XV also has a mixtape called Everybody's Nobody (Hosted By DJ Enuff & DJ Benzi). It was even featured on The Source's "Tale Of The Tape" section (Sept/Oct 2009 Issue).

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Is this the same 'Chocolate' who made the album 'Life-N-a-day' back in '93, and supposedly ghost wrote 'Ice Ice Baby'? I think that Chocolate supposedly did some work on the Chronic as well.

teletomble

Actually, it’s not just him, I have another nephew who is XV; I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of XV out of Wichita, Kansas?

XV – The Kid With The Green Backpack EPK (Video)
http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2010/01/08/xv-the-kid-with-the-green-backpack-epk-video/
<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8616644&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8616644&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1</a>

The official 2010 Electronic Press Kit for the homie XV. Check the 1:23 mark as the kid is checking out your favorite site on the net. Yessir!
+
XV – Me, You (rmx) f. Freddie Gibbs & Shawn Chrystopher (prod. Seven)

XV also has a mixtape called Everybody's Nobody (Hosted By DJ Enuff & DJ Benzi). It was even featured on The Source's "Tale Of The Tape" section (Sept/Oct 2009 Issue).

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=225655.0

Chad Vader

He's Got A Mixtape Out Called "South Centrals Finest"

Find that and more here;
Slim The Mobster audio