Author Topic: Patrick Vieira Signs For Manchester City From Inter On Six-Month Deal  (Read 109 times)

Elano

Patrick Vieira has completed his move from Inter to Manchester City today, signing a six-month contract at Eastlands.

The contract also includes an option for a 12-month extension to the 33-year-old's stay at the club.

Manager Roberto Mancini was delighted to have snapped up his first signing as City boss, after things appeared to be held up a little yesterday by the wintry weather conditions in England.

“Patrick is a world class midfielder with a winner’s mentality and will fit into this group very well," Mancini told City's official website.

"He knows me and my staff well, and importantly he also knows what the Premier League is all about. He will not need much time to settle in.

"Patrick is one of the great players of his era with every almost every honour in the game against his name. I am sure City fans will welcome him warmly and appreciate the contribution he will make."

Vieira will wear the number 24 shirt at Eastlands as he looks to play regularly and seal a spot in Raymond Domenech's France squad for next summer's World Cup finals in South Africa.