Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Off Aftermath (Audio)  (Read 2907 times)

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
Re: Bishop Lamont Off Aftermath (Audio)
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 12:40:46 AM »
A lot of Dre material was featured.. don't know if I remember Em on anything..
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

EFFeX

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 12:41:13 AM »
I've been telling people that Bishop wanted off the label for a long time now... I'm happy he's finally off though.

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 12:50:31 AM »
Nah. Em definitely wasn't. I'd like people to confirm. I don't remember Dre on any of those last year mixtapes.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

sofdark

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 12:51:14 AM »
hope he doesn't waste dope tracks by just leaking them. I wanna see Reformation coming out!

Matty

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 12:56:04 AM »
Nah. Em definitely wasn't. I'd like people to confirm. I don't remember Dre on any of those last year mixtapes.

nor do i. there was certainly a few things from focus. what were the dre tracks?

Blasphemy

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 01:48:44 AM »
LOL wow fail.

I mean seriously lmao I remember when they had that shit saying "2009 is the year of The Aftermath" and had all the albums planned (Relapse, BISD, Detox, The Reformation) lmao

Figures Dre would release a crappy Em album and not even give bishop a chance 2 drop. Oh well, maybe now we'll get a album. Either way we still got some dope mixtapes. lol

Dane

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 01:55:17 AM »
It's crazy that anyone would want to sign to Aftermath.

What succes stories do they have besides Eminem, 50, and a joint Game album.

It's so sad, that he's been wasting his best rap years on the shelves.

If the 700 tracks are true, I'd reckon you see him flooding the streets with them, to turn up the buzz, I'd do that if I had the chance

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 02:01:55 AM »
yes, congrats to bishop  8)  :raisetheroof:

i'm looking forward to his next moves :)

doesn't sound like dre has much/any say over what actually comes out through the label. glad bishop is officially gone and has realised his album was not coming out. but it aint a good look for him with all the excuses and bigging up of detox etc.

and its great that he got to leave with all those songs....i hope he was allowed to keep some dre produced stuff. still, the stuff he was recording early on with scott storch etc was easily some of the dopest shit.
yeah Dre is just a CEO.
but i think he does have a hand in the fact that some artists didn't come out on Aftermath.
he lost interest in Bishop's project & moved on to the next victim ( slim the mobster)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:06:24 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 02:02:43 AM »

nor do i. there was certainly a few things from focus. what were the dre tracks?

I'd have to ask him for titles cause I don't know them on-hand.. but essentially he got into a "IDGAF" mode and started leaking his A-work he did while on Aftermath. While the MD at SWURV I was treated to nearly a song a week it seemed. He released more than just those tapes with the old-school covers, not sure if you are aware.. As far as the Em, Scarface and other features, you are referring to "Statlanta" and the last word I got on that was that it got derailed for a second due to his leaking run. Folx were unhappy about his actions.. He has since reunited with Dre and has wrote for Detox.. and He claims to be finish with Statlanta and plans on releasing it this year.. Hopefully so.
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

Chad Vader

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 02:12:57 AM »
It's crazy that anyone would want to sign to Aftermath.

Lots of publicity?  :P

It's so sad, that he's been wasting his best rap years on the shelves.

Recorded and released 1 album with Black Milk and 3 street albums,probably funded by Aftermath to create buzz,that he now can tour off.  ;D
ever performed........  ;D ;D ;D ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSUG-wHGrLM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SSUG-wHGrLM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:57:59 AM by Vader »

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 02:44:27 AM »
damn that´s fucked up since 05 he signed the deal and no album fuck,but i doubt that he can move with these 700 records and you think that he can move with the dre beats?

Mietek23

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 03:54:17 AM »
Finally this soap opera is over - now he can get his shit together and release an album that was supposed to drop in 2005..

Blasphemy

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 03:57:03 AM »
He actually did pretty well on the math (still a fail though). He actually got music out via the mixtapes. Could of been worse, could of been another Hittman situation.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 04:47:27 AM »
Nothing surprising here. The funny thing is that he got dropped in an era where being conscious is in and rapping about how gangsta you are is out. I think that with a proper push he would do well in todays climate. And we know that the material would probably be correct; leaked Reformation tracks have all been great, he seems to have chemistry with Dre (Grow Up and Hallelujah)..... But I doubt he'll release anything Aftermath related, they all say that and nothing ever happens. We'll probably hear a mixtape or two from him in the future and then he'll slowly disappear.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 05:13:51 AM »
glad to see him off the label. Aftermath's a good move for promotion, but in the long run...

the way i see it, rappers should jump on the label for some quik buzz, n then try findin a way to get outta there - so they later on can get picked up by a label dat actually puts out the actual album?