Author Topic: The real reason Bishop Lamont was released (amateur article)  (Read 4071 times)

Lunatic

Re: The real reason Bishop Lamont was released
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »
Just another failed artist at Aftermath. Truthfully, you always have to ask how much of it is the artists' fault and how much of it is the labels fault? I think there have been way too many failed artists at Aftermath for it to be a coincidence or ALL the artists' fault (considering how many there have been).

Bishop Lamont
Stat Quo (although he's back)
Joell Ortiz
Joe Beast
Shaunta
Truth Hurts
GAGE4
The Last Emperor
Hittman
King Tee
Rakim
Raekwon

Is Marsha still there? Dion? Tiffany Villarreal?

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:39:19 PM by Lunatic »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »
Who gives a shit... We all knew this was bout to happen. Bishop is an overrated homosexual

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 02:27:47 PM »
Bishop just talks way too much he always had that problem and thats why things went the way they went for him.

Yep....anybody could of seen that comin. He shoulda shut the fuck up and kept working on the music.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »
Just another failed artist at Aftermath. Truthfully, you always have to ask how much of it is the artists' fault and how much of it is the labels fault? I think there have been way too many failed artists at Aftermath for it to be a coincidence or ALL the artists' fault (considering how many there have been).

Bishop Lamont
Joe Beast
Shaunta
Truth Hurts
GAGE4
The Last Emperor
Hittman
King Tee
Rakim
Raekwon

good point....but since those artists have left the label what have they done?? the only one who is on the verge of blowing up is Ortiz.....everyboddy else is just everybody else....lol.....except for the God MC.

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 02:38:41 PM »

Bishop Lamont
Joe Beast
Shaunta
Truth Hurts
GAGE4
The Last Emperor
Hittman
King Tee
Rakim
Raekwon

good point....but since those artists have left the label what have they done?? the only one who is on the verge of blowing up is Ortiz.....everyboddy else is just everybody else....lol.....except for the God MC.
forgot Joell Ortiz

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 02:46:20 PM »
Exactly. Other than Ortiz, Rakim, Busta and Raekwon (I'm not sure he was ever signed) none of these people have done shit. They probably got dropped for a reason, everybody's quick to blame Jimmy but we are talking about a major label here, with Dre's perfectionism and Jimmy's search of a super star none of these guys fit the criteria.

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 02:50:59 PM »
I also think a lot of these cats Dre signs because there good rappers first and foremost (IE: Joell Ortiz) and he goes off that. Once Jimmy and business gets involved and they see a lack of mainstream marketability (Joell once again), they get dropped.

sprite

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »
I remember a bunch of idiots around DubCC a few years ago saying this guy was the next big thing

while I said he was and would be just another mixtape rapper... guess I was right

Paul

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 02:59:40 PM »
I remember a bunch of idiots around DubCC a few years ago saying this guy was the next big thing

while I said he was and would be just another mixtape rapper... guess I was right

Hes still one of the best rappers out

More chance of an album now
funkyfreshintheflesh

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 03:06:39 PM »
lemme bump city lights...thanx to bishop for few now already classic street albums.hope dude will find a decent label asap

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »
Probably got dropped for leaking the record, but this article is mad hoopty - someone with a BIG grudge wrote that.
Sure, explain the situation, but calling him an idiot and all that, it sounds like a 15 year old wrote it on an internet message board.
And talking about disloyalty and shit, lol, it's not the army or some shit, it's just some fucking records!

LMAO at the thing about would Dre just put out a loop... for an Interscope affiliate or employee this guy hasn't heard a Dre record in like 10 years because that's been Dre's style for ages now... also that record was perfectly mixed, so I don't buy any of that stuff at the start of the article

Anything which isn't an Eminem album is flopping hard now (and he's not selling a 1/5th even of what he used to), even 50 Cent caught a major L with that last album's sales.
I think some of these record label people don't get the whole thing about free music on the internet and it'll be interesting to see where they go next once they've put out a Detox and another Eminem album which look like the only albums which can recoup their major label expenses

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 03:12:21 PM »
STR8 from the Math:

"The author of this little diatribe is NOT an Aftermath Rep nor is he affiliated with Aftermath in anyway. He is a former, disgruntled associate of Bishop's. Bishop and Dre know the circumstances surrounding Bishop's release from Aftermath. Others can speculate but the main parties involved know the truth."

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »
Then again if Bishop did walk with 700 songs then I have a hard time believing this article.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Lunatic

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »
Then again if Bishop did walk with 700 songs then I have a hard time believing this article.
I'll believe he walked with songs if we start hearing some

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:23 PM »
I'll believe he walked with songs if we start hearing some

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST