Author Topic: The real reason Bishop Lamont was released (amateur article)  (Read 3960 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: The real reason Bishop Lamont was released
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 11:27:12 AM »
I always liked "Grow Up" but damn is right... I had a feeling something was not right about all of that and part of that had to be the reason
that's nothing official though, looks more like some allhiphop.com type of shit.

the Grow Up release probably didn't benefit Bishop's situation though, since interscope pulled the plug.
LOL at the author dissing Grow Up though, fucking idiot ::)

yepp no record company would made a statement like that "he is an idiot" etc. LOL

I would if I was a pissed off person. Lol. They said it's from an affiliate. Now, let's see all who has beef with Bishop. I've never seen anyone ride Dr. Dre's coat tails like that.

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 11:31:49 AM »
I always liked "Grow Up" but damn is right... I had a feeling something was not right about all of that and part of that had to be the reason
that's nothing official though, looks more like some allhiphop.com type of shit.

the Grow Up release probably didn't benefit Bishop's situation though, since interscope pulled the plug.

yepp no record company would made a statement like that "he is an idiot" etc. LOL

They said it's from an affiliate.

yeah but still this shit looks like someone had too much time ...
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »
from the last Stat Quo interview on here:

Dubcnn: A lot of people speculate that Bishop Lamont might get dropped…

He leaked that Dre record and the rest of the label weren’t behind that record, and they didn't want him to put that song out, even though it was hot. The record didn't do anything because the rest of the label wasn't behind it. Dre didn't like it. I called Bishop when I heard that record and was like "yo that the shit" and I was pumped about it, but Dre obviously felt differently… so that record didn't get where it was supposed to go. When an artist comes out, everyone has to be 100% behind that artist and that project, or the project it is doomed to fail. Another reason I don't work there anymore is that the people don't want a Bishop Lamont album… They want Detox, Relapse and Before I Self Destruct. So the stockholders who want those albums and when the rich, I mean the billionaires in this game start to suffer, then they are not feeling that. They don't care about Stat Quo or Bishop or anything else, all they want is Eminem and Dre and that is it. The business side of me understands that, but the artistry part of me is upset. As a business person, I can only respect the move that is going to bring in more dollars, but I feel like it’s about more than money, so I had to split… its 90% business, 5% creative and 5% perception of the music. You're not buying the music, you’re buying the person. The shareholders want their money and they know that Eminem, 50 cent, and Dre will sell lots of records.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 12:03:08 PM »
the real reason Bishop got dropped is Dre does not give a fuck about his artists and the Jewish in charge won't release your album unless you got shot or you are white and want to kill your mom ...

stop acting like its Bishop fault , his behaviour just speed up the process of him being released ... but if you think he would have released an album if he had followed Dre and Interscope instructions  you're in denial

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »
Only thing I know for sure to be true from this article is the fact that Bishop released "Grow Up" without permission and that Dre never really liked the record. Everything else... not sure. And honestly, who cares? It all comes down to the music for us fans.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »
Will Dre release a record that is just a loop, synthesizer, and vocals??

lol

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 12:31:19 PM »
Will Dre release a record that is just a loop, synthesizer, and vocals??

lol

yeah as Proof said ; LMAO in fact .. dre has been doing this for the past 4 years

thug child

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 01:06:45 PM »
Im glad bishop got dropped he succs

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
It's very disappointing to read that article and hear that the gist of it is true.  How can you make a track like Grow Up and then be so damn childish?
Most of what the article makes sense.  It seems Bishop was his own downfall...but it give 5 years and if Bishop is resilent and Dr.Dre still alive, they'd probably be in some studio again.

Even if the majority of it is true, I still can't see interscope backing Bishop's music.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »
Also, Octo seems to be among the few that could 100% confirm some of this.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 01:24:27 PM »

This, and they got The Game situation a bit wrong. Also, I never heard about Bishop going against DJ Warrior only DJ Strong. Lol.

True. But damn :O What's gonna happen to bishop now lol ? He just lost all credibility.

Just hope someone leaks that damn ''Dont know the code'' record he did with khalil.

once kobe gets that track he's gunna hook me up with it.. whether or not i will leak it is his decision

Matty

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »
i dunno about this article...the majority could be true but it sounds a bit fishy.

'grow up' as a simple loop? its as much of a loop as any other dre beat over the past several years. what was that comment all about? didn't sound unfinished at all, although i didn't think it was that good either.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 02:05:31 PM »
Interesting, although he was on the label for 5 years, I don't know how much longer he could have waited lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 02:17:26 PM »

did i miss something?

He lost his credibility because
1. He can't be trusted with anyone's coffee, as u stated
2. All that shit talking about blaming the label for not pushing his single when it wasn't even intended on being his song
3. His general loud mouth nature
4. Giving negative comments on a labelmate's comeback single, while the label is putting all its effort into promoting that very album.
5.His on and off feuds with Jwells and Game ... really. Dude is as confused about Game and Jwells as Game is towards 50 lol.

All this being said, I like his music. His street albums were really dope , (I still didnt listen to team america, and i probably wont because those tags are annoying, the mixing is ass, and the general content seems to be a total waste of time.)

But really, the main reason is that he stole Jimmy's coffee.

Illseed just told me he heard someone saying that  Bishop's the one who leaked BISD :).

2: but it's valid. did interscope really push Bishop Lamont? no. besides thisis50 is a bullshit site
3: ???? you must have mistaken Bishop for someone else
4: that's not a negative comment.
5. J Wells leaked that diss record: Bishop Lamont didn't start the drama.
the beef with Game was silly, but both are to blame.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »
i guess it turns out that all the dirt on bishop was true, all the rumors of him being dropped were true, and bishop is a big ass liar
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:21:37 PM by ironmike »