Author Topic: Let's face the facts, "All Eyez On Me" was in many ways WACK  (Read 2982 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: Let's face the facts, "All Eyez On Me" was in many ways WACK
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »
Is it a classic, sure, because of the major hits it had.  But if you really were to break down the album HALF the album is filler.  Some of the filler songs are just down right pathetic.  The only reason people forget that half the album was wack was because the other half the song were classic.

AEOM is really an 4/5, and that is being VERY kind with my rating

You don't know music at all to say some bullshit like that....I remember bumpin that album in the 12th grade when it came out shit was classic and still gets play to this day.

when an album has tracks like Amerikkaz Most Wanted  it's going to bump but then you got trash like What's Ya Phone # you realize the truth about the album.  Half the album should be cut
I'm trying very hard to understand your perspective... please list the "half" that should be cut.

Yes, there are some songs that I will skip everytime (i.e., Tradin War Stories, What'z Ya Phone #), but there is a solid album's worth of dope tracks, and most of the remaining tracks are at least decent.

the following should be cut

What's ya Phone #
Wonder why they call you bitch
No More Pain
Tradin War Stories
shorty want to be a thug
when we ride
thug passion
run tha streetz
aint hard 2 find
holla at me
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 05:52:46 PM »
I agree there s a lot of fillers on All Eyez on Me, beside all of its classics.
They could have trimmed it down to one, really dope disc (- about 10 songs).
But let´s face it... in hiphop in general today, quantity rules over quality...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:06:19 PM by rickard »

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 06:00:15 PM »
Is it a classic, sure, because of the major hits it had.  But if you really were to break down the album HALF the album is filler.  Some of the filler songs are just down right pathetic.  The only reason people forget that half the album was wack was because the other half the song were classic.

You don't know music at all to say some bullshit like that....I remember bumpin that album in the 12th grade when it came out shit was classic and still gets play to this day.

when an album has tracks like Amerikkaz Most Wanted  it's going to bump but then you got trash like What's Ya Phone # you realize the truth about the album.  Half the album should be cut
I'm trying very hard to understand your perspective... please list the "half" that should be cut.

Yes, there are some songs that I will skip everytime (i.e., Tradin War Stories, What'z Ya Phone #), but there is a solid album's worth of dope tracks, and most of the remaining tracks are at least decent.

What's ya Phone #
No More Pain
Tradin War Stories
shorty want to be a thug
when we ride
thug passion
run tha streetz
aint hard 2 find
holla at me

yea id definetly say that you should not be listening to hip hop at all.....you must leave this forum effective immediately...nigga please the only song i would cut off from your list would be what'z ya phone number and replace it with hit em up end of story

Jaydc

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
LOL at this idiot.This is the same guy who said malice in wonderland was an 8.5 out of 10 lol.Nobodoy takes you serious you clown.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 06:51:13 PM »
this thread =

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
damn if this album is wack....biggie's albums are trash...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Blasphemy

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 07:51:28 PM »

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »
back when I first bought that album when I got into Pac I was in like 8th grade and I do remember some of the tracks took time to grow on me... but I feel it's a classic album regardless now, and there are many dope cuts on both discs  8)

teecee

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »

What's ya Phone #
No More Pain
Tradin War Stories
shorty want to be a thug
when we ride
thug passion
run tha streetz
aint hard 2 find
holla at me

EVeryone has personal preference (for example, you like SNoop's new album!!!), and I can agree with a few of your cuts...

but Wonder Y they Call U Bitch, THug Passion, Holla At Me, SHorty Wanna Be a Thug, No More Pain?  those, to me, are some of the most underrated tracks on there...great songs that fit the album.   Songs like Thug Passion and Bitch are on there for the ladies...Pac knew how to appeal to everyone.
But I feel you on When We Ride, Run Tha Streetz, Ain't Hard to Find, and definitely Phone ##

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
No More Pain
Tradin War Stories
shorty want to be a thug
thug passion
run tha streetz
holla at me

lol at saying they should've been cut, the album isn't perfect but let's face it there'll never be a double-album which contains no filler

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 08:35:16 PM »
the album isn't perfect but let's face it there'll never be a double-album which contains no filler
VERY TRUE... even Greatest Hits had a few filler tracks that had no business being on there haha.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 08:39:21 PM »
"All Eyez On Me" is on of the best hihop-records of all time.there's no fillers - it's like "Life After Death", a full-no-skipin listeing xperience

"what's a phone #" is tight, just turn it off before the outro comes in

EFFeX

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »
Damn, Long Beach Iz Active, out of all the shocking posts you've made, this one really threw me for a loop.

To be honest though, you are completely entitled to your opinion, so in that respect I guess I can't hate you for it.

I have to disagree though, while there were songs I wasn't too happy with, this was not a terrible album by any stretch of the imagination.

Jay Rome

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
I thought What's ya phone number was tight it samples one of Prince classic songs.