Poll

who was better

Eazy E
29 (49.2%)
Snoop
30 (50.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Eazy E or Snoop Doggy Dogg?  (Read 1462 times)

Mac Dre Fan

• Lil Geezy
Re: Eazy E or Snoop Doggy Dogg?
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »
2pac, snoop, cube and eazy are all better than mac dre was

just common knowledge

Ya Tupac and Cube

but good luck convincing anyone that Snoop and Eazy-E are better than Mac Dre.  Mainstream much? Both Snoop Dogg and Eazy-E have been known to have ghost writers throughout their careers. Snoop Dogg's catalog doesn't compare to Mac Dre's, I'm gonna let you act like you know but you gotta go back to 93 to find Snoop's peak. All his other albums...........hit or miss

An Eazy-E/Mac Dre collab woulda been hella tight though

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2010, 11:36:56 PM »
it dont matter if mac dre wrote for kool g rap, krs one or rakim
mac dre's best muzik doesnt touch snoop at his absolute rawest level of rappin even wit snoop not writin his own lyrics

im not even much of a eazy fan but mac dre better than eazy even might be pushin it?

mac dre wasnt a real crazy lyrical rapper on the to where he was different or to be even on snoops level

mac dre is overrated jus like snoop put out alotta wack muzik and albums but dont test snoops dopeness cuz he can drop dope muzik and it will be better than mac dre and eazy e's and many others
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2010, 11:56:43 PM »
but good luck convincing anyone that Snoop and Eazy-E are better than Mac Dre

::)
i know every1 is entitled to their own opinions, but seriously man..
did ur mother drop u on the floor when u were an infant or somethin? just wonderin
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:59:57 PM by fabtoxicp »

Mac Dre Fan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2010, 02:26:16 AM »
mac dre's best muzik doesnt touch snoop at his absolute rawest level of rappin even wit snoop not writin his own lyrics

im not even much of a eazy fan but mac dre better than eazy even might be pushin it?

mac dre wasnt a real crazy lyrical rapper on the to where he was different or to be even on snoops level

mac dre is overrated jus like snoop put out alotta wack muzik and albums but dont test snoops dopeness cuz he can drop dope muzik and it will be better than mac dre and eazy e's and many others

Nope, I gotta shake my head at that. It's artistic integrity, you don't compare no artist who don't write his own music to an artist who does and when you do the artist who's writing the music is always more valuable. Ya obviously Snoop is the bigger artist and were not gonna compare Al Boo Boo to Doggystyle, but Snoop is in image, he's a great character in hip-hop. He's one of the most marketable artist in hip-hop of all-time. But most of Snoop Dogg's music isn't written by him.  Mac Dre has way more better quality material than Snoop, Snoop's catalog has been inconsistent. You wanna say who has the more classic music (as in "Gin & Juice" is more of a revered and notable classic in hip-hop culture than "California Livin'"), it's Snoop but if you questioning who's the greater artist it's obviously the one who's artistically responsible for his own lyrics.

Bottom line, Snoop don't write most of his own music and his catalog has been inconsistent

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2010, 06:08:15 AM »
nah check it out tho i dont like all of snoops muzik but his muzik is timeless when he makes dope muzik
has he always made dope muzik..........no
has he always written his own muzik....no
but snoops best muzik vs mac dre's best?

i mean WHATS MY NAME is prolly better than mac dre's life and some would say thats not even snoops best but Imo thats one of snoops best

see you say shake your head at that....let me ask you

where are you from?
if your from cali what area?

Nope, I gotta shake my head at that. It's artistic integrity, you don't compare no artist who don't write his own music to an artist who does and when you do the artist who's writing the music is always more valuable. Ya obviously Snoop is the bigger artist and were not gonna compare Al Boo Boo to Doggystyle, but Snoop is in image, he's a great character in hip-hop. He's one of the most marketable artist in hip-hop of all-time. But most of Snoop Dogg's music isn't written by him.  Mac Dre has way more better quality material than Snoop, Snoop's catalog has been inconsistent. You wanna say who has the more classic music (as in "Gin & Juice" is more of a revered and notable classic in hip-hop culture than "California Livin'"), it's Snoop but if you questioning who's the greater artist it's obviously the one who's artistically responsible for his own lyrics.

Bottom line, Snoop don't write most of his own music and his catalog has been inconsistent
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

fabtoxicp

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2010, 07:08:19 AM »

Nope, I gotta shake my head at that. It's artistic integrity, you don't compare no artist who don't write his own music to an artist who does and when you do the artist who's writing the music is always more valuable. Ya obviously Snoop is the bigger artist and were not gonna compare Al Boo Boo to Doggystyle, but Snoop is in image, he's a great character in hip-hop. He's one of the most marketable artist in hip-hop of all-time. But most of Snoop Dogg's music isn't written by him.  Mac Dre has way more better quality material than Snoop, Snoop's catalog has been inconsistent. You wanna say who has the more classic music (as in "Gin & Juice" is more of a revered and notable classic in hip-hop culture than "California Livin'"), it's Snoop but if you questioning who's the greater artist it's obviously the one who's artistically responsible for his own lyrics.

i dont like to compare rappers wit each other stylisticialy (cuz i dont think dat is somethin u should do), but i had to speak  on this one..

Snoop ALWAYS wrote his own material, always - until like 1 album ago. the thing wit "snoopy neva wrote his own lyrcis" seems to b a fad nowadays. it's incorrect - he wasn't writing his rhymes for "Ego Trippin'" - ONE of his albums (and he DID write some of the songs on there). as a matter of fact, snoop used to write for other artists - an album called "The Chronic", one of the biggest hiphoprecords of all time (if not the BIGGEST) were penned by Snoop, RBX, Rage and The D.o.c.

Snoop's got a unique voice (in the positive way), better flow, and performs 100times beter than what Mac Dre ever did on any song. Hands down
Snoop is one of the best offthedome-freeylers of all time (co-signed by D.O. muddafuccin C.)
Snoop's worst album "Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be TOld" eats up every sog Mac Dre ever did

Mac Dre's lyrics can b really funny sometimes, but his performances were always the worst on all of the songs he performed on (performance-wise) - never outshined anybody (the worst in Cutthoat Committee). His verses is a bunch of adlibs stacked on top of each other, and he usually recorded by punchin in on his verse alot (which is taboo in hiphop).
He actually did start off pretty good wit his persona as a performer in the early 90's - but in the end of his career, he ended up soundin like Mr  Mackey from South Park..

If anythin, Mac Dre's rhymes are savin him some face - but you c, the lyrical-tip isn't what builds the whole artist.
to sum it up - Mac Dre was kinda a boring and untalented rapper (read again - rapper not writer) to listen to - no candy for the ears at all

I really really really like Mac Dre, i got most of his catalogue - and im always keepin an ear to what Thizz Nation is doin - but to say dat Mac Dre is a better artist than Eazy or Snoop, proves dat ur musictaste-buds is striclty limited to the Bay Area-scene - which is really depressing. Mac Dre is a small small breadcrumb on a big big big table of good hiphop-music

Bottomline: everybody's entitled to their own opinions, but u are surely (and hopefully) alone on these "opinions"

some icing on the cake: the majority of the humanrace likes Snoop and Eazy more, and i guess that alone proves to us obviously who he is "better"

Rip Eazy-e
rip mac dre
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:18:23 AM by fabtoxicp »

Mac Dre Fan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2010, 08:16:49 AM »

Nope, I gotta shake my head at that. It's artistic integrity, you don't compare no artist who don't write his own music to an artist who does and when you do the artist who's writing the music is always more valuable. Ya obviously Snoop is the bigger artist and were not gonna compare Al Boo Boo to Doggystyle, but Snoop is in image, he's a great character in hip-hop. He's one of the most marketable artist in hip-hop of all-time. But most of Snoop Dogg's music isn't written by him.  Mac Dre has way more better quality material than Snoop, Snoop's catalog has been inconsistent. You wanna say who has the more classic music (as in "Gin & Juice" is more of a revered and notable classic in hip-hop culture than "California Livin'"), it's Snoop but if you questioning who's the greater artist it's obviously the one who's artistically responsible for his own lyrics.

i dont like to compare rappers wit each other stylisticialy (cuz i dont think dat is somethin u should do), but i had to speak  on this one..

Snoop ALWAYS wrote his own material, always - until like 1 album ago. the thing wit "snoopy neva wrote his own lyrcis" seems to b a fad nowadays. it's incorrect - he wasn't writing his rhymes for "Ego Trippin'" - ONE of his albums (and he DID write some of the songs on there). as a matter of fact, snoop used to write for other artists - an album called "The Chronic", one of the biggest hiphoprecords of all time (if not the BIGGEST) were penned by Snoop, RBX, Rage and The D.o.c.

Snoop's got a unique voice (in the positive way), better flow, and performs 100times beter than what Mac Dre ever did on any song. Hands down
Snoop is one of the best offthedome-freeylers of all time (co-signed by D.O. muddafuccin C.)
Snoop's worst album "Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be TOld" eats up every sog Mac Dre ever did

Mac Dre's lyrics can b really funny sometimes, but his performances were always the worst on all of the songs he performed on (performance-wise) - never outshined anybody (the worst in Cutthoat Committee). His verses is a bunch of adlibs stacked on top of each other, and he usually recorded by punchin in on his verse alot (which is taboo in hiphop).
He actually did start off pretty good wit his persona as a performer in the early 90's - but in the end of his career, he ended up soundin like Mr  Mackey from South Park..

If anythin, Mac Dre's rhymes are savin him some face - but you c, the lyrical-tip isn't what builds the whole artist.
to sum it up - Mac Dre was kinda a boring and untalented rapper (read again - rapper not writer) to listen to - no candy for the ears at all

I really really really like Mac Dre, i got most of his catalogue - and im always keepin an ear to what Thizz Nation is doin - but to say dat Mac Dre is a better artist than Eazy or Snoop, proves dat ur musictaste-buds is striclty limited to the Bay Area-scene - which is really depressing. Mac Dre is a small small breadcrumb on a big big big table of good hiphop-music

Bottomline: everybody's entitled to their own opinions, but u are surely (and hopefully) alone on these "opinions"

some icing on the cake: the majority of the humanrace likes Snoop and Eazy more, and i guess that alone proves to us obviously who he is "better"

Rip Eazy-e
rip mac dre

You clearly don't know one thing about what your talking about.

Leaving trailing evidence of your stupidity in the fact that you compare an up-in-coming underground rapper to two established mainstream artist.

WTF are you talking about? Clearly someone came to this conversation one toke over the line, saying Mac Dre was a boring rapper? I'm calling your bluff, you haven't heard shit. Mac Dre's popularity was reaching it's highest at the point of his death in 2004 he released two albums on the same day before Nelly did and a third album before his death in November before the election. Name some songs, cause your not making a good case with your argument. You clearly weren't listening to Mac Dre caSaying Mac Dre was the worst in the Cutthroat Committee, get outta here, your opinions no longer valid on the subject at hand. My musical taste transcends all genres, most of the artist I listen to are not from the Bay Area.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »
LMAO, what am i bluffin? i was bumpin Mac dre when ur where swimming around in ur dad's nutsack..

one could agree, dat except for the reply i did earlier, there ISN'T a better summary on Mac Dre the artist for u.
what i wrote is what i wrote - Mac dre was a boring rapper, who was occasionaly dope wit his pengame - but just terribly awful in the studiobooth - nothin capturing, nothin "special" - no nothin of dat magnitude, comparin to a, say Snoop or Eazy. and notice, I was always comparin Mac Dre wit those artists, nothin else - BUT if i would to speak on Mac Dre as an artist alone, without comparin him wit those artists, i'd still say he's  kinda boring, yeah
a boring rapper who did songs without mixing and mastering, and who pressed dat shit up every 3 months on a plastic cd, and sold it though rapbay
a boring rapper who at one time - rapped over an other artists instrumental and released it as a "single"

Mac Dre's popularity was reaching it's highest at the point of his death in 2004 he released two albums on the same day before Nelly did and a third album before his death in November before the election
u make it sound like, Mac  Dre's "fanbase" is spread around the globe like dat of a Backstreet Boy- bringin in Nelly's name. Mac Dre's fanbase resides in Bay Area, and have been residin in Bay Area since his untimely death back in 04 (more or less). the only "success" Thizz had since his passing, was Mistah Fab (and he blew after he left)
Mac Dre's popularity was reaching it's highest at the point of his death
well, du'h!!!

what im sayin is, go head and bump Mac Dre (i still do occasionaly) - im sure most of us liked some of his songs. But to compare him in a reckless and unintelligent way by bringin in names like Eazy E and Snoop like they never existed on the map, it's just... "dumb", like Mac Dre himself woud say..
but still dat is ur opinion.. but what really cracked me up, was the quote rite here
but good luck convincing anyone that Snoop and Eazy-E are better than Mac Dre dat was really "stupid", yadada?
and i am certain dat u are xtremely limited in musical taste- what i can do for u however - is provide u wit a couple of youtube-links to new music, which could be a good start for u in realizin dat Mac Dre is not and never was the "Adam" of hiphop-music

Leaving trailing evidence of your stupidity in the fact that you compare an up-in-coming underground rapper to two established mainstream artist
uhhh... didn't u start it?  ::) *idiot*
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 09:36:27 AM by fabtoxicp »

westside159

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2010, 04:57:18 PM »
as a emcee and artist i go with Snoop

but eazy paved the way for cats like snoop

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2010, 05:52:33 PM »
yeah i agree wit fabtoxicp on this 1
theres no way mac dre at his best is better or was better than snoop

again snoop might not write his own muzik but whether he does or not hes better than mac dre and many others

i mean im not even the biggest fans of e-40 or richie rich but they are better than mac dre as many are
but yeah he was a borin rapper jus like mistah fab is

thats crazy tho IMO that someone would consider mac dre better than snoop or eazy
and thats part of the reason why i was askin where your from? (if the westcoast where on the west)
im askin you mac dre fan
Cube

Mac Dre Fan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2010, 06:28:07 PM »
First of all Mac Dre is the greater artist than both Snoop Dogg an Eazy-E, and it's very easy and safe argument to say Snoop or Eazy is greater than Mac Dre artistically but Mac Dre had his own style and was one of the instrumental originators in the hyphy movement. His music can't be compared to other Bay Area artist, like I said he has his own style and he's nothing like E-40. Boring? 'Til the day he died he was always recording music with filled with the freshest lines, are you dumb? Pound for Pound Mac Dre is one of the greatest Pimp Rappers of all-time. Lyrically he shined the most when collabing with Andre Nickatina.

You people clearly aren't qualified to make a top 10. First of all not a single rapper we mentioned so far is placing anywhere in the top 10. I'd say their spot fits in somewhere between 11-25. The only way you can say an artist like Snoop (who's been known be nothing more than the marketable mouthpiece for lyrics he didn't write) is better than Mac Dre is to argue that Snoop has the better catalog, and you can't do it. Snoop hasn't released a classic since his debut (which is one of the greatest pieces of hip-hop ever). However this is a no-brainer, no mathematics required. If this was a better argument I'd compare the discographies side-by-side but there's no need to do that, I'm just going to assume that you know Mac Dre's catalog was very consistent. His last year along was 3 very hot albums, check them out. Classics in the eyes of his fans, I wouldn't call them classics though because they didn't make a big enough impact on hip-hop, ala Doggystyle.

See if you are talking hip-hop artists who use ghost writers, like Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, and Snoop your can't compare him artistically to a Tupac Shakur, Rakim, or Mac Dre you have to compare their work musically. That lack of artistic integrity and artistic control won't help them when discussing them in terms among the greats but you can talk about the quality of their music.

In my opinion Eazy-E has the more solid catalog than Snoop. Besides Snoop's first album, The Last Meal and the last 3 albums Snoop's discography is GARBAGE!

Snoop Dogg may be the GOAT performer in hip-hop, that comes with experience. He's in the game because his image itself is marketable, you can put him on a t-shirt cause he's recognizable. Mac Dre in comparison is more regionally enjoyed and he has a cult like following. His image is recognizable to a smaller amount of hip-hop fans. He never reached mainstream success.

Most of you haven't heard Mac Dre's material, so I'm going to treat it like that and maybe try to introduce you to a piece of his catalog you'd like.

"Bi-Polar"

He had many styles, you people like to blaze?

"Not My Job"

And no your not talking to a closed-head outta the Bay who's only heard Mac Dre, Mac Mall, J-Diggs, and E-40. My musical taste, expands every musical genre and I'm not from the Bay.  ::)

In a credible top 25 (which accounts for all the above), Mac Dre ranks higher than both and SNoop ranks higher than Eazy-E cause he had the chance to do more.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2010, 06:37:49 PM »
yeah next to noone will agree with you and i wont but they will use this against you...lol
your name doesnt help your case at all

but to say or put rakim, mac dre, and and 2pac in the same category is beyond insanity but its ok to be insane problem is you dont want to admit it that you are ...who does....lol
but not in 1 second of this planet universal time will anyone agree with you that mac dre was better than snoop better yet eazy e

i rarely listen to e-40's muzik but e-40 (as most would say) gave mac dre a chance wit the movement he made not the movement mac dre made
the movement mac dre made was a dance and a muzik type but e-40 is a lyricist mac dre isnt
sides when you said this

Besides Snoop's first album, The Last Meal and the last 3 albums Snoop's discography is GARBAGE!

you lost...lol
tha last meal>>>mac dre's life...lol
especially wit tha last meal which is considered a classic let alone the rest of his albums (yeah the last 3 have been wack but that doesnt make mac dre a better rapper)
mac dre put out millions of cd's? does that mean hes a better rapper? no he made the same type of muzik over and over again and now he has everyone in the bay area copyin him and ridin his name except for e-40, and a few others

but hey think what you want but keep dreamin about mac dre bein anywhere near any of these rappers
krs one
rakim
snoop
kool g rap
the list goes on

i mean you keep talkin about top 25 this n that....you might make some cry with your top list by the way your talkin cuz all it will consist of is mac dre, mac mall, and that regions sound
i see you over there reppin the bay area but fact is bay area doesnt have the best rappers ever and dont make dope muzik, anymore if they ever did
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:40:13 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

Mac Dre Fan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2010, 06:59:05 PM »
yeah next to noone will agree with you and i wont but they will use this against you...lol
your name doesnt help your case at all

but to say or put rakim, mac dre, and and 2pac in the same category is beyond insanity but its ok to be insane problem is you dont want to admit it that you are ...who does....lol
but not in 1 second of this planet universal time will anyone agree with you that mac dre was better than snoop better yet eazy e

i rarely listen to e-40's muzik but e-40 (as most would say) gave mac dre a chance wit the movement he made not the movement mac dre made
the movement mac dre made was a dance and a muzik type but e-40 is a lyricist mac dre isnt
sides when you said this

Besides Snoop's first album, The Last Meal and the last 3 albums Snoop's discography is GARBAGE!

you lost...lol
tha last meal>>>mac dre's life...lol
especially wit tha last meal which is considered a classic let alone the rest of his albums (yeah the last 3 have been wack but that doesnt make mac dre a better rapper)
mac dre put out millions of cd's? does that mean hes a better rapper? no he made the same type of muzik over and over again and now he has everyone in the bay area copyin him and ridin his name except for e-40, and a few others

but hey think what you want but keep dreamin about mac dre bein anywhere near any of these rappers
krs one
rakim
snoop
kool g rap
the list goes on

i mean you keep talkin about top 25 this n that....you might make some cry with your top list by the way your talkin cuz all it will consist of is mac dre, mac mall, and that regions sound
i see you over there reppin the bay area but fact is bay area doesnt have the best rappers ever and dont make dope muzik, anymore if they ever did

lol Mac Dre isn't in Tupac's/Rakim's category.

We already said MD, Snoop, and Eazy ain't no top 10.

Exactly, Mac Dre and E-40's styles are not the same.

Lmao@ a DECENT album being better than Mac Dre's life when Mac Dre's catalog is leagues and bounds ahead of Snoop's. Funny, keep your mainstream opinion in the bubblegum section. In 10 years you'll be kicking the mainstream opinion saying Lil Wayne is a legend

If you accuse me of being a backpacker I'm tracking IP's

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2010, 07:04:50 PM »
nah never said wayne is dope and never will end of discussion...
good lookin on the internet gang bangin...lol

if others think mac dre is and ever will be better than 2pac, snoop, eazy and anyone else on that caliber...money will be donated to them not to haiti...lol

***edit***
dre dog would and prolly has murdered mac dre on the mic
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:15:44 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

Mac Dre Fan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »
nah never said wayne is dope and never will end of discussion...
good lookin on the internet gang bangin...lol

if others think mac dre is and ever will be better than 2pac, snoop, eazy and anyone else on that caliber...money will be donated to them not to haiti...lol

***edit***
dre dog would and prolly has murdered mac dre on the mic

I'm obviously not capable or willing to track an IP, just playin.

2Pac>Mac Dre>Snoop>Eazy-E

synchronize your mind. watch with your body mind and soul
listen to the whole catalog

I listen to the complete catalogs of artist I don't really enjoy just cause they might got some gems in there and I needa be up on there music. My top 10 is more credible than yours anyday and more justifiable. I bet you got Eminem in your top 10 to don't you?