Author Topic: How come people see religion & beliefs as opinions?  (Read 9065 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: How come people see religion & beliefs as opinions?
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2010, 04:24:10 PM »
religions were made because man fears what he doesnt understand.  saying "god made it" takes away that fear and replaces it with a false sense of security.  

exactly

not really. to you guys it's a false sense of security, but to others it's a true sense of living.

Thank you.

ikke

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 05:00:14 PM »
In an attempt to get back on topic:
Officially it's not factual but this sounds like the exeption not taken into consideration when creating this rule.

Off Topic:
nothing magical happens during your life, why would something magical happen after you die?

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
religions were made because man fears what he doesnt understand.  saying "god made it" takes away that fear and replaces it with a false sense of security.  

exactly

not really. to you guys it's a false sense of security, but to others it's a true sense of living. I don't believe in God just because my parents, grandparents and the bible says so. I see the world for how it is and I see evidence of God through life and experience.

In an atheists POV you've contradicted yourself there, how you see the world is dicatated by your upbringing and learning ipso facto...you DO believe in God just because of your parents.

I'm not one to shit on someone's beliefs, just thought I'd point that out so you'd understand at least the other side of the argument.

Sparegeez

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2010, 05:26:09 PM »

exactly

not really. to you guys it's a false sense of security, but to others it's a true sense of living. I don't believe in God just because my parents, grandparents and the bible says so. I see the world for how it is and I see evidence of God through life and experience.

In an atheists POV you've contradicted yourself there, how you see the world is dicatated by your upbringing and learning ipso facto...you DO believe in God just because of your parents.

I'm not one to shit on someone's beliefs, just thought I'd point that out so you'd understand at least the other side of the argument.

I was speaking hypothetically, in reality my parents never really told me to be a good catholic and I never read the bible.. When I asked about religion my mom just told me "Just be happy." And even if they told me to believe in God and read the bible that doesn't mean they can dictate how I view the world. There are many athiests out there that grew up with religious parents and obviously their view of the world wasn't dictated by their upbringing and learning(as you said). I don't believe my view on religion has been tainted by my family's beliefs.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
imma have to agree with sparegz.  my cousin and i are the only atheists in a family full of catholics and a couple chrstians here and there. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Al Bundy

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
imma have to agree with sparegz.  my cousin and i are the only atheists in a family full of catholics and a couple chrstians here and there. 

wykid wouldn't you be agnostic because you think there could possibly be a god?

i've been reading through this thread and yeah no one is going to gain anything out of this convo. the day someone convinces quiet truth that god doesn't exist is the day pablo escobar delivers me a kilo

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2010, 05:48:25 PM »

wykid wouldn't you be agnostic because you think there could possibly be a god?

i've been reading through this thread and yeah no one is going to gain anything out of this convo. the day someone convinces quiet truth that god doesn't exist is the day pablo escobar delivers me a kilo

na, i dont believe there is a god, i just cant prove it. 

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2010, 06:40:17 PM »
What - the - fuck - is - goin' - on - in - California - ? - ? - ! - ! - !

Besides it being a Cali thang...Wykid why don't you believe there's a God, if you was raised Catholic, how did you become a fuckin' atheist? ???

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »
because it seems like a fairy tale, to be frank. 

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2010, 06:56:36 PM »
Ahh, yeah....it's deeper than that though...to be franker.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2010, 06:59:56 PM »
not really.  a guy in the sky made us out of nothing and poof.  we're here.  riiight.  makes a lot of sense.  ::)

plus, science disproves many of the things in the bible, and other holy books. 

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »
Like the invisible air you breathe? The invisible wind you feel hit chur face? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen

maybe you can tell me gods weight?  density?  boiling and melting point?  or maybe tell me what god is made up of?  cause i could tell you all that about the "invisible" air we breath.  ;)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2010, 09:13:42 AM »
^ God is outta space, matter, time and energy. Why the fuck would he be of the same physical creation he made??

not really.  a guy in the sky made us out of nothing and poof.  we're here.  riiight.  makes a lot of sense.  ::)

False. That's the biggest false ever!!!! Biggest.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »
Ain't it so fascinating how humans breathe though. We breathe in oxygen and out carbon dioxide and plants breathe in carbon dioxide and out oxygen. Amazing. :)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2010, 07:31:09 PM »
^ God is outta space, matter, time and energy. Why the fuck would he be of the same physical creation he made??

False. That's the biggest false ever!!!! Biggest.

idk, why did you try to compare god and air?!?!

and yeah, everything the bible says is true, right?  yeah.  thats why earth is only a few thousand years old.  ::)