Author Topic: Breaking News: Snoop Dogg Signs B-Real!  (Read 1696 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Breaking News: Snoop Dogg Signs B-Real!
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 12:20:02 PM »
Cypress hill are an experienced act snoop should just play the background and let them do what they do.

I am sure he will. The album has been done for a minute so it is not like they would have to make it from scratch. Just needed a label to push and promote it with.

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
thatz whatz up! 8)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 12:30:14 PM »
nah, ur wrong. snoopy handpicked Mac Shawn (Priority wouldn't eyeball an artist like him for a second otherwise), and he handpicked the re-issue-projects for the 25th anniversary blast off - EPMD, nwa and eazy-e
snoop's got an input for sure in the decisions

Hand picked Mac Shawn for what? He's only signed Cypress.
And Mac Shawn was distributed by Priority for ages as part of Funk Mobb, and he has been in the game ages

And the re-issues are no-brainers as well - Master P's big album, Eazy-E's big album, and EPMD's big album... those are probably some of the biggest selling albums Priority ever had, they probably chose it on sales figures at a marketing meeting.
And why would Snoop pick an East coast group and a Southern rapper to get reissued first?

fabtoxicp

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 12:44:02 PM »
 ::)
Funk Mobb? when was dat? 96? lol. and dat was "distribution" - which is somethin else
Mac Shawn just got out of retirement - he got back wit Daz, who brought him to Snoopy - who figured "how bout jumpstartin my new westcoast-table at Priority wit him?". u really think Priority calld up Mac Shawn all interested-like? lol

the EPMD, NWA & Eazy-e albums were all pojects, snoopy chose for the re-issue catalog dat Priority is coming out wit. he said it himself - he decided wit goin wit those speciic projects, cuz those albums were childhood favorites of his

what? u think Priority is payin Calvin Broadus big money for smilin on some pictures n sayin "chuuch Priority Recors Preach". nigga please, there's a title - "Creative chairman". u want a encyclopedia-definition of dat?

Snoop dogg got more artists under his umbrella - Hu$tle Boz, Raw Dogggz, Soopafly -and if god willin, some of dat material may now finally come out- under Priority

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
::)
Funk Mobb? when was dat? 96? lol. and dat was "distribution" - which is somethin else
Mac Shawn just got out of retirement - he got back wit Daz, who brought him to Snoopy - who figured "how bout jumpstartin my new westcoast-table at Priority wit him?". u really think Priority calld up Mac Shawn all interested-like? lol

He's worked with priority before, he's an old artist (you seem to want new artists, or think Snoop is bringing in new artists), and he's not signed

the EPMD, NWA & Eazy-e albums were all pojects, snoopy chose for the re-issue catalog dat Priority is coming out wit. he said it himself - he decided wit goin wit those speciic projects, cuz those albums were childhood favorites of his

Bullshit, it just sounds good on a press release, and also everywhere is reporting it's a Master P album, not an NWA album, so how was that a childhood favorite, it came out in the 90s... and isn't it a total coincidence these are some of the most popular rap albums Priority ever had 

what? u think Priority is payin Calvin Broadus big money for smilin on some pictures n sayin "chuuch Priority Recors Preach". nigga please, there's a title - "Creative chairman". u want a encyclopedia-definition of dat?

People pay stars big money (we don't even know if he's being paid big money btw) to just smile in an advert for anything. What, you think Snoop is qualified to be handling business or even creative decisions? His latest album bricked as well

Snoop dogg got more artists under his umbrella - Hu$tle Boz, Raw Dogggz, Soopafly -and if god willin, some of dat material may now finally come out- under Priority

I don't know what job you do, but it can't be anything to do with sales and marketing, because otherwise it'd be obvious to you that Priority's marketing people will veto those things within 5 seconds

A huge group like Cypress Hill probably won't even sell 100,000 in today's market - the guys you just mentioned would sell maybe 1000 each

fabtoxicp

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »
no, dat's not bullshit.
his favorite albums were always those 3 albums- he said so himself in previous interviews before the priority thing- so dat is basicaly proof enuff, dat the decision wit the re-issues of those, were called by snoopy himself.

Mac Shawn100's new album is coming out under DoggyStyle Records - which is TADAM! dat's right Snoopys label - so dat means he's signed to his label (either through a onealbum deal or whatever- but still a deal) - and this is obvioulsy a signed deal, cus DoggySytle dont do distrubiton deals - they're not fuckin KOCH

Mac Shawn has NEVER worked wit Priority. he was in a group called Funk Mob who released one album under a major - SickWidIt/Jive, which is a different label. and mac Shawn the solo released one album under a major - SickWidIt/Jive - which is still a DIFFERENT label
and "gettin distribútion", doesn't pass for "workin wit"..

if u really, reeally, really think Priority would've seen anythin relevant by todays market-standards in the artist known as Mac Shawn, if it wasn't for Snoopy, u need to jump on a plane and leave 1995 asap. is it so hard to believe dat Calvin Broadus' got creative input in a dyin labels future, in the year of 2010? lol, what r u smokin? Master fuckin P used to literaraly RUN that label back in the late 90's.. so why is Snoopy such a bad shot? sure, i buy it - the thing wit Snoopy bein a poster-child for the resurrection of the label - but it's more to it than that. Calvin Broadus' done been a CEO, before this.. he sucessfull established himself in various business before this - movie-companys, etc etc
and he had distribution-deals through Priority and TVT for his artists before this
His latest album never "bricked". we're only a few weeks in - and foregin sales aren't available on any scans anywhere yet

and the thing wit Cypress.. there's a bigger market out there. it is outside of US, and it's called Europe - and over there, ppl are actually buyin albums. That's right- albums! Plastic stuff. The ghost-numbers are always "?-marked" when it comes to foreign sales, but rest assure - by todays standards, those digits are ALWAS bigger than the american ones - ESPCEIALLy if those digits concerns a global name such as Cypress Hill (a band dat got more fans in fuckin Norway for example, than in the US). there's a reason why foregin versions of albums are always "special editons", and why smaller artists are releasin albums EXCLUSIVELY to Asia.

Closed

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:38:11 PM by fabtoxicp »

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 01:49:50 PM »
no, dat's not bullshit.
his favorite albums were always those 3 albums- he said so himself in previous interviews before the priority thing- so dat is basicaly proof enuff, dat the decision wit the re-issues of those, were called by snoopy himself.

Mac Shawn100's new album is coming out under DoggyStyle Records - which is TADAM! dat's right Snoopys label - so dat means he's signed to his label (either through a onealbum deal or whatever- but still a deal) - and this is obvioulsy a signed deal, cus DoggySytle dont do distrubiton deals - they're not fuckin KOCH

Mac Shawn has NEVER worked wit Priority. he was in a group called Funk Mob who released one album under a major - SickWidIt/Jive, which is a different label. and mac Shawn the solo released one album under a major - SickWidIt/Jive - which is still a DIFFERENT label
and "gettin distribútion", doesn't pass for "workin wit"..

if u really, reeally, really think Priority would've seen anythin relevant by todays market-standards in the artist known as Mac Shawn, if it wasn't for Snoopy, u need to jump on a plane and leave 1995 asap. is it so hard to believe dat Calvin Broadus' got creative input in a dyin labels future, in the year of 2010? lol, what r u smokin? Master fuckin P used to literaraly RUN that label back in the late 90's.. so why is Snoopy such a bad shot? sure, i buy it - the thing wit Snoopy bein a poster-child for the resurrection of the label - but it's more to it than that. Calvin Broadus' done been a CEO, before this.. he sucessfull established himself in various business before this - movie-companys, etc etc
and he had distribution-deals through Priority and TVT for his artists before this
His latest album never "bricked". we're only a few weeks in - and foregin sales aren't available on any scans anywhere yet

and the thing wit Cypress.. there's a bigger market out there. it is outside of US, and it's called Europe - and over there, ppl are actually buyin albums. That's right- albums! Plastic stuff. The ghost-numbers are always "?-marked" when it comes to foreign sales, but rest assure - by todays standards, those digits are ALWAS bigger than the american ones - ESPCEIALLy if those digits concerns a global name such as Cypress Hill (a band dat got more fans in fuckin Norway for example, than in the US). there's a reason why foregin versions of albums are always "special editons", and why smaller artists are releasin albums EXCLUSIVELY to Asia.

Closed

Alright, sure, I agree he's probably getting some input, but I think some people think that Snoop can now snap his fingers and sign loads of West Coast dudes and put them out major label style, which I really don't see happening

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2010, 01:51:45 PM »
Let's give Snoop come time to settle into the position before assumptions are made as to what he will or won't do. Snoop wanted to actually sign B Real to a solo deal on Koch before he went with Duck Down so I think this Cypress signing is a good move.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 02:01:55 PM »
now dat he is under Prioirty i basicaly think he can - i think he can stomp in to an ol' cracker's office in dat bulidin over there and say - "hey, sign crooked i, sign bishop lamont, sign g malone, sign woot woo woot" - sure why not?  the thing is, i dont think he wants to..
i'd say he the type of artist, dat looks after his niggas..u feel me? mac shwan is his nigga, cuz the nigga originally down wit his cuzzin Daz.
soopafly, dpg,hustleboyz, raw dogggz- dat's his environment - his protigees

Crooked I, and all those other rappers - extraterrestrial outsiders

sure, Cypress Hill joined the stable - but other than them, i dont see anthing but Long Beach-niggas on there in the future

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 02:04:07 PM »
now dat he is under Prioirty i basicaly think he can - i think he can stomp in to an ol' cracker's office in dat bulidin over there and say - "hey, sign crooked i, sign bishop lamont, sign g malone, sign woot woo woot" - sure why not?  the thing is, i dont think he wants to..
i'd say he the type of artist, dat looks after his niggas..u feel me? mac shwan is his nigga, cuz the nigga originally down wit his cuzzin Daz.
soopafly, dpg,hustleboyz, raw dogggz- dat's his environment - his protigees

Crooked I, and all those other rappers - extraterrestrial outsiders

sure, Cypress Hill joined the stable - but other than them, i dont see anthing but Long Beach-niggas on there in the future

Yeah I agree. Although that would be cool to see though, especially Crooked and Bishop.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 02:05:16 PM »
snoop signin people most of the time is like a book signin...jus for that night and some showtime

westurn union
warzone
hustle boys
e-white
c.p.o. boss hogg
kokane
latoya williams

and many more...so its not like signin wit snoop is the best thing to do...anymore anyway...he needs help wit his own muzik let along helpin others...lol

:o ;D but he still should sign new west gangsta rappers instead of the same ol same ol. Its only so many people he can sign and he's taking up slots wit his homies. He needs 2 sign roccett !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

add butch cassidy too.

lot of people were left on dogghouse
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Muhfukka

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2010, 02:20:41 PM »
snoop may not get peoples albums out but he definitely gets them exposure. i saw snoop i november and he had the hustle boyz, i had never even heard of them before that (even on dubcc) and they did like 3 or 4 songs. And they were with him at every concert on that tour, so its not like it doesnt help his artist's careers

midwestryder

Re: Snoop Dogg just signed Cypress Hill
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »
motherfucker should've signed LA COKA NOSTRA
how is snoop suppose to sign LA COKA NOSTRA?. when LA COKA NOSTRA is signed to record deal with suburban noize records.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Dogg just signed Cypress Hill
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 03:26:02 PM »
motherfucker should've signed LA COKA NOSTRA
how is snoop suppose to sign LA COKA NOSTRA?. when LA COKA NOSTRA is signed to record deal with suburban noize records.

never heard of an artist jumping labels?

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »
but but but but but but Snoop doesn't do shit for the west
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....