Author Topic: C-Murder Arrested For Shooting 16 Year Old Dead  (Read 195 times)

TRUEDAT

C-Murder Arrested For Shooting 16 Year Old Dead
« on: January 20, 2002, 07:44:16 PM »
Gangsta rapper booked in teen killing

C-Murder jailed in night at club

01/19/02

By Rob Nelson
West Bank bureau/The Times-Picayune

New Orleans gangsta rapper C-Murder, the younger brother of music artist Master P, was booked Friday with second-degree murder in the shooting death of an Avondale teen in a Harvey nightclub.

Corey Miller, 30, was arrested by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office after Miller was taken into custody by New Orleans police Friday about 1 a.m. after a disturbance at the House of Blues in the French Quarter, Jefferson Parish Sheriff Harry Lee said.

Miller is accused of fatally shooting Steve Thomas, 16, after the two argued Jan. 12 inside the Platinum Club in the 900 block of Manhattan Boulevard.

Police say that as many as 300 party-goers were inside the nightspot when Miller, who was out on bail on an attempted murder charge in Baton Rouge, pulled out a handgun and killed Thomas with a single gunshot to the chest.

Police said there was no indication that Thomas had pulled out a weapon and that they are unsure what sparked the deadly argument.

Thomas was taken to West Jefferson Medical Center, where he was dead on arrival.

Fearing Miller's connections in the music world, as well as a violent reputation he earned growing up in the Calliope public housing development in New Orleans, witnesses were reluctant to come forward, authorities said.

Starting in the late 1990s, Miller was the core artist on older brother Percy Miller's label, No Limit Records. With a string of gold successes behind him, Corey Miller recently launched his own company, TRU Records.

A history of trouble

He also had his share of troubles. In August, Miller surrendered to Baton Rouge police and was booked with attempted first-degree murder after allegedly trying to shoot a nightclub owner.

In addition, the rapper faced a charge of illegal use of a dangerous weapon stemming from that incident at Club Raggs in Baton Rouge. He also faced separate burglary and firearms charges related to another incident, police said at the time.

Along with others, the owner of the nightclub and a security guard there filed a lawsuit against Miller alleging that the incident began as Miller was searched for a weapon before entering the club.

In October, he released his fourth album, "C-P-3.com," named after the Calliope public housing complex, according to the rap star's official Web site.

"People were scared to implicate him, but the rumor was out there," said Detective Donald Clogher, adding that some patrons inside the club were frightened by Miller's "far reach."

Eventually, several witnesses identified Miller as the shooter, police said.

Jefferson Parish authorities got a break when Miller was arrested by New Orleans police Friday about 1 a.m. outside the House of Blues. He was booked with disturbing the peace and criminal trespassing, said officer Joe Narcisse, a spokesman for the New Orleans Police Department.

Detective Robert Stoltz, who was working a detail inside the club, spotted Miller and knew of a previous incident at the club involving the rapper , Narcisse said, adding that Miller also was wanted in New Orleans on domestic violence charges.

"Management (at the House of Blues) had removed him sometime in the past and told him he couldn't come back," Narcisse said.

Stoltz also knew that authorities might be looking for the rapper in connection with a separate case

DarkM@GICI@N

• 'G'
  • DarkM@GICI@N a.k.a Spawn
Re: C-Murder Arrested For Shooting 16 Year Old Dea
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2002, 08:45:49 PM »
so whats the deal? he in there for life? or is he gettin out on bail? was he arrested for murder or disturbing the peace and criminal tresspassing? Maybe I read this wrong...can someone explain it to me
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Stamina I'll be damn if I'll ever be/
took away by the demons I'll never be/
what's the weather when I bust a rhythm I come with the heater cleverly/
niggas nothin will never be/
so killa, flowzilla, gorilla
if flow was a felony/
I'd be in a line hella doin time for the....
TECHN9NE
-techn9ne-

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 06:17:19 PM »
Yeah, i'll sum it up for ya.  C-murder is a little bitch, afraid of a fight, so he lets his gun do his talking for him.  6 months ago, a bartender bounced him from a club, and he shot at the guy.  Gun jammed.  Then he shot the ground, gun went off.  Aimed at the guy again, gun jammed, they charged him with attempted murder.  6 months later, some 16 year old kid gets up in his face, and instead of slappin the kid around, he shot him in the chest.   He's going to be in jail for life now, and his brother'll pimp his unreleased crap on no limit records to make him rich while he sits behind bars rotting for being an idiot.

DarkM@GICI@N

• 'G'
  • DarkM@GICI@N a.k.a Spawn
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2002, 10:02:06 PM »
thx for the summary homie
Stamina I'll be damn if I'll ever be/
took away by the demons I'll never be/
what's the weather when I bust a rhythm I come with the heater cleverly/
niggas nothin will never be/
so killa, flowzilla, gorilla
if flow was a felony/
I'd be in a line hella doin time for the....
TECHN9NE
-techn9ne-