Author Topic: Korn's Fieldy Celebrates A Longtime Love Of Hip-Ho  (Read 131 times)

Crenshaw_blvd

Korn's Fieldy Celebrates A Longtime Love Of Hip-Ho
« on: January 22, 2002, 08:23:31 PM »
-- Korn bassist Fieldy knows that Rock N Roll Gangster--the just-released debut album by his side project, Fieldy's Dreams --will come as something of a surprise to Korn fans. Rather than the band's nu-metal attack, it's a full-on hip-hop affair with Fieldy handling most of the raps and with guest appearances by the Pharcyde 's Tre Hardson, RBX, and co-producer Polar Bear, as well as Korn frontman Jonathan Davis.

Fieldy (real name Reginald Arvizu) tells LAUNCH that he comes by the hip-hop naturally. "I've been listening to hip-hop, like, pretty much forever--since I can't even remember. It's always inspired me. It's what inspired me for Korn was hip-hop music," he says. "That's what inspires me to write bass lines. You know, it's always inspired me in every way, so I was, like, 'Man, I just wanna do a hip-hop record, and I wanna, I wanna rap. I wanna play the music on it, the drums, the keyboards, everything,' so that's how that kinda happened."

With Korn finishing up its next album, Fieldy isn't planning to tour behind Rock N Roll Gangster, but he says he might perform some of the material during the traditional intermission at Korn concerts later this year.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »