Author Topic: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]  (Read 5115 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]
« on: January 18, 2010, 07:23:53 AM »
Well here's another thread about Drake but damn I am really anticipating that cat album and I do believe that all the hype around him is deserved.
So Far Gone Mixtape and EP were pretty originals records and by listening to the recent leaks I can just say that its gonna be a possible classic record.
So what's your thoughts about him?

Drake - Zone (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
http://usershare.net/2DopeBoyz/9pvo5hzejtkv

Drake - Love & Gunz [Snippet] (Produced by Tha Bizness)
http://usershare.net/2DopeBoyz/1lgcgy7yijhg

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 07:29:17 AM »
These 2 are just leftovers though. But yeah I'm anticipating it like crazy, along with R.E.D. Last time I was this hyped about someones debut was 50 back in 02. I just hope he keeps his So Far Gone sounds and doesn't fuck with too many different producers, Boi 1-Da and 40 is all he needs. Maybe throw in an 808 like Kanye beat (he killed Say Whats Real).

Confirmed tracks so far:

# "Fireworks" (Produced by Boi-1da & Noah "40" Shebib)[12]
# "Light Up" (feat. Jay-Z) (Produced by Tone Mason & Noah "40" Shebib)[11]
# "Shut It Down" (feat. The-Dream) (Produced by Omen & Noah "40" Shebib)

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 07:32:44 AM »
one of the albums I'm looking forward to in 2010. I'm still on the fence with Drake though...some of his shit dope but other tracks not so much. Hope he comes correct on this album

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:43 AM »
Looking forward to it, but yeah like others have said his hype is a bit too much. I mean yeah he's a good artist. He can sing (kind of) and he can rap (kind of), but he's not exactly incredible and the best thing rap has to offer which is what he's billed as right now.

I'll check for this LP cos So Far Gone was cool but I'm not expecting it to be one of the years best.

Portugoal

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 09:06:04 AM »
Looking forward to it, but yeah like others have said his hype is a bit too much. I mean yeah he's a good artist. He can sing (kind of) and he can rap (kind of), but he's not exactly incredible and the best thing rap has to offer which is what he's billed as right now.

I'll check for this LP cos So Far Gone was cool but I'm not expecting it to be one of the years best.

what he said

besides, B.o.B's album will shit on Drake's album

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 09:15:21 AM »

what he said

And just to return the favour...what he said about BoB.

That kid is going to go global in 2010 I'd say.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 09:32:02 AM »
B.O.B. is great no doubt but it's a question when his debut will eventually drop, labels are scared to put new acts out if it's not 100% they'll get some revenue.

I also agree that Drake is no Nas when it comes to rap or Kelly when it comes to rnb but he makes it work. His songs just sound good and always have a great and distinctive atmosphere to it. And right now his shit is catchy as fuck, I think that with proper development he can have a Kanye like career.

ikke

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 09:35:41 AM »

what he said

b.o.b vs. bobby ray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>so far gone.

Speaking off B.o.B., is that who the fuck is bob mixtape availible in untagged form?

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 09:57:19 AM »

what he said

Speaking off B.o.B., is that who the fuck is bob mixtape availible in untagged form?

yeah it is but I still can't find that shit either  :-X

Jaydc

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 10:02:29 AM »
LOL most anticipated by who?13 year old girls?

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 10:18:02 AM »
Never figured whats all the hype around that dude, he has some nice cutz but nothing to be so crazy anticipated. Ill bet Kid Cudi album gonna be better then Drakes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 10:29:48 AM »
Never figured whats all the hype around that dude, he has some nice cutz but nothing to be so crazy anticipated. Ill bet Kid Cudi album gonna be better then Drakes.

That might be true.

Kid Cudi = New version of Kanye.
Drake = New version of Kanye & Wayne combined.

I'm gonna check out this album when it drops but I can name 10 albums which I personally anticipate more.

Portugoal

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 10:39:30 AM »

what he said

yeah it is but I still can't find that shit either  :-X

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uqod5h

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »
Don't believe the hype

the ghost

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 12:59:03 PM »
I'm actually awaiting Big Boi's album the most this year.