Author Topic: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]  (Read 5064 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 05:58:08 PM »
Everybody has their own taste but to say that only 13 year old girls are hyped for this is plain ignorant.

i personally gaurentee you if you did a study, more 13-16 year old girls would say they are hyped for this than 17-25 year old men.

it's an album everybody will hear, but i don't see anybody DYING to hear it; it'll drop casually, we'll listen casually & some of us will dig it.

And, hence, you're hating. 

There's nothing wrong with mainstream music.  People steady hate on it but what's really wrong with it?  Most of it's club music, so what?  Is that really an issue?  Come on...grow up.

Most rappers hate on other rappers because they ain't getting that cake.

If Drake writes for Wayne that means WAYNE IS LIKE DRAKE.  Drake ain't like Wayne. 

What's wrong with Best I Ever Had, Fear, Successful? 

Huh? 

They're all dope songs that properly communicate a certain feeling in relation to the topic at hand. 

TRUE STORY;

Drake gets hate because everybody is loving him now.  Before hand, when he hadn't blown up yet, all the internet soldiers were steady on his cock.

LOL! there is nothing wrong with any of those songs; did you even read what i said?

"i'm going to bump it & like it because i am one of the bigger mainstream fans on the board" lol.

anyway, regardless of whichever way you want to look at it; it's the same style.

all i am saying is Drake might as well start rapping about selling a million because it doesn't matter what is on this album; it's selling at least a million.

i'm also saying, that this album is far from the most anticipated of 2010, maybe not in terms of mainstream; but in terms of this board.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 06:11:57 PM »
Yeah, cause Drake is rapping about being from outer space, doing massive amount of drugs, and dropping tons of random punchlines together.  Clearly a carbon copy of lil wayne.

You're just coming off as stupid.

Let's make it clear,

NOBODY IS DYING TO HEAR SHIT. 

You might be for Budden but that's just you.

"i'm going to bump it & like it because i am one of the bigger mainstream fans on the board" lol.

What the hell are you going on about?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 06:38:24 PM »
Yeah, cause Drake is rapping about being from outer space, doing massive amount of drugs, and dropping tons of random punchlines together.  Clearly a carbon copy of lil wayne.

Let's make it clear,

don't even try to tell me Drake doesn't come in second to Lil Wayne in using punchlines all the time lol.

& lmao, you're preaching to me how "i am a hater", "there is nothing wrong with mainstream music", "what's wrong with Drake's songs?" & i never even started about that; you just assumed i was one of those "mainstream haters" to the core & you guessed wrong lol.

& just to let you know, reffering to something as "The Most Anticipated Album of 2010", usually you're dying it hear it lol.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »
Yeah, cause Drake is rapping about being from outer space, doing massive amount of drugs, and dropping tons of random punchlines together.  Clearly a carbon copy of lil wayne.

Let's make it clear,

don't even try to tell me Drake doesn't come in second to Lil Wayne in using punchlines all the time lol.

& lmao, you're preaching to me how "i am a hater", "there is nothing wrong with mainstream music", "what's wrong with Drake's songs?" & i never even started about that; you just assumed i was one of those "mainstream haters" to the core & you guessed wrong lol.

& just to let you know, reffering to something as "The Most Anticipated Album of 2010", usually you're dying it hear it lol.

I have to admit, I'm at a lost.  This conversation we're attempting to have is confusing me.  It's like we're both trying to communicate but we're not even having the same conversation.  I'm feeling stupid right now reading your sentences.

Basically, I was annoyed at your comment that was more or less dismissive of Drake.  

Drake is going to sell, but for all the wrong reasons.

i tip my cap to him for making money, but let's face it; anyone known as "Wayne's boy", with a similar flow, similar voice, similar rhymes is going to sell.

it's like a clone & he can sing.

perfect combination.

but like Jay said, nobody is really hyped for this but thirteen year old girls lol.

1.  Why is he selling for the wrong reasons?

2.  Drake is not a Wayne clone.  You can think he is, but he's not.  You're wrong for limiting Drake that way.

3.  Before you explain what you meant by hyped, I would have said I was hyped for Drake's record.  By your definition of hype, I'm hyped for Jay Electronica's debut; Bishop Lamont's Reformation; Reks new album; and Elzhi's new record.    I'm looking forward to hearing an album = hyped for a release (to me).

Either way you're still wrong for dismissing Drake as 13 year old girl music.   I hear Drake's music in the strip club.  They're not 13.  I hear Drake's music in the club.  They're not 13 years old.  I hear Drake's music blasted in college dorms.  They're not 13 years old.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:51:20 PM by Action! »
- Banks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 07:01:37 PM »
Of albums that we know are definitely gonna get released this year...

Bones Thugs

Joe Budden

Limp Bizkit

Lupe Fiasco

Albums that I WANT to see get released this year and are hyped about...

Blink 182

Ja Rule

Saigon GSNT

Ne-Yo

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 07:02:10 PM »
I don't get the hype about Drake, to me he's just an average rapper getting hyped up simply because of the whole Wayne association and the fact that everyones just jumping on the bandwagon i.e Kanye, Jay , Timbo but no doubt he'll sell and ofcourse that means he's dope, right? :D

Most of the albums i truly want i doubt will even drop this year so i'm not too hyped about anything

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 07:06:42 PM »
1. not "selling for the wrong reasons" the way you might think; i simply mean, he's going to sell regardless what is on this album; he's going to hit a million whether this is a classic or Eminem's "Encore".

after hearing "Zone", i like the direction (& the beat lol), but my point being he is hitting a million off hype & i don't agree with that.

2. i never said clone, i said there are some similarities, in sound, flow & punchlines.

"like a sprained ankle boy, i ain't nothin' to play with."
"she call me the referee cuz i be so official."

very Wayne-esque to me.

3. JayDC always over-exaggerates like that; but there is no denying he is more appealing to women & women are more likely to anticipate it opposed to a bunch of guys a Westcoast Rap Forum lol.

i got no hate for Drake; i bump his work & it's good, but it's nothing to heavily praise over; in my opinion.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 07:08:31 PM »
I don't get the hype about Drake, to me he's just an average rapper getting hyped up simply because of the whole Wayne association and the fact that everyones just jumping on the bandwagon i.e Kanye, Jay , Timbo but no doubt he'll sell and ofcourse that means he's dope, right? :D

Most of the albums i truly want i doubt will even drop this year so i'm not too hyped about anything

Exactly.  I said this when Drake came out, and I say it now that he's "big".   Drake has crossover appeal because he can sing AND rap.  But he's AVERAGE in both of those categories.  I will listen to an Ace singer and an Ace rapper, rather then listen to a B-grade artist that does both...  Drake's singing isn't appealing to me, so I Would watch him for his rapping, and I have.. And it's average, so I'm not hyped for it..

ALSO: I can draw comparisions to Lil Wayne in Drake, both in lyrical content, and delivery, his flow doesn't really remind me of him thought.  And as being someone who has watched him come up, I Can deffo say the Lil Wayne association has grown his hype factor more than anything in his career.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 07:10:26 PM »
^yeah; Wayne's support of Drake >>> Drake earning his own hype.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »
Well, I don't really disagree with you Cham Click.  I more or less misunderstood what you're saying.

I don't even disagree that having the major co-sign from Lil Wayne altered his career because it did.  It's true for nearly anybody that blows.  He had that "it" factor though.  Just like 50 had that it factor back when Em co-signed him and changed Fif's career.   What's the real point in making this kind of observation? 

- Banks

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »
I listen to some Drake, but IMO he's alright. Thanks Me Later is no where near being the most anticipated album this year though, I'm sorry. I can think of A LOT of other albums I want to hear more than Drake's. No disrespect to dude.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »
Well, I don't really disagree with you Cham Click.  I more or less misunderstood what you're saying.

I don't even disagree that having the major co-sign from Lil Wayne altered his career because it did.  It's true for nearly anybody that blows.  He had that "it" factor though.  Just like 50 had that it factor back when Em co-signed him and changed Fif's career.   What's the real point in making this kind of observation? 

you're a good man, glad we see eye to eye. 8)

even though J. Cole was kind of pushed by Jay-Z, he gained some serious buzz on his own.

i know people that know about "The Warm-Up" who make me do a double take because i can't believe they heard about it; because it was fairly an online/underground thing.

also, i'm not sure about Kid Cudi, but where did he come from? anybody heavily co-sign him? if not, he made it huge on his own too.

but yeah, 50 Cent is a good comparison to Drake in terms of buzz.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 07:19:37 PM »

Because these kind of threads wouldn't be made, if it wasn't for those kind of co-signs, cuz Drake is in fact an average rapper.  Read my post again.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 07:20:13 PM »
J. Cole is such a more legit rapper than Drake...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 07:22:33 PM »
Kid Cudi is on Kanye West's label, which helped him, but I was really put onto him by "Day n Nite" which came out before I knew he was signed to G.O.O.D., and isn't even produced by Kanye..  So yes, Cudi earned his own hype..