Author Topic: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]  (Read 5055 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2010, 07:04:19 AM »
Couldn't care less, just another unoriginal artist overusing autotune. He reminds me of a Wayne clone,

http://www.myspace.com/miclordzmusic <----Real music, remember when it exsisted?!?!?!
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2010, 07:14:54 AM »
Anyone who calls him a Wayne clone isn't listening.  And, if you think he overuses auto-tune you're not listening.  You're just skimming through his material.

This thread just proved most of y'all are just unnecessary hating and out of touch with reality and what most people listen to.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Matty

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2010, 07:24:54 AM »
Anyone who calls him a Wayne clone isn't listening.  And, if you think he overuses auto-tune you're not listening.  You're just skimming through his material.

This thread just proved most of y'all are just unnecessary hating and out of touch with reality and what most people listen to.

i dunno man, there are some valid and not so valid criticisms in this thread. i am pretty much of the mindset that it is the mainstream that is out of touch with what is actually good music these days.

but this is one person with quite a particular musical taste/background. most people got it wrong to me :bandit:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:11:39 AM by Matty »

Jaydc

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2010, 07:38:53 AM »
I gave so far gone about ten spins and I dont see it at all.Hes got mediocre vocals,his flow sounds like a rip off lil wayne except with zero charisma.He raps about the same three subjects over and over and over.Limited subject matter effects a lot of artists but they can cover it up with clever rhyme schemes and punchlines and what not.Ive never once heard a verse by drake that made me want to rewind it.He just says the same shit thats been said a thousand times before.His punchlines are very weak,his rhyme schemes extremely simple.His singing vocals is also very limited.

Drake is a product of the machine anyone who thinks their was a ponit when he wasnt actually signed and that his song wasnt on the radio because it was being pushed is fooling themselves.Gauranteed this guy was signed the entire time that so called bidding war was going on.Theirs nothing wrong with mainstream music but this guy is mediocrity at its best and I cant believe people are believing the hype.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2010, 08:45:53 AM »
I don't really care about defending Drake as I'm not too much into his work. So Far Gone was cool but not great. Either way I have no idea how anyone can say he sounds like Weezy. His flow, voice, pace and ability is entirely different and the only thing the two artists have in common seems to be a friendship and a couple of rap songs.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2010, 09:18:53 AM »
Jaydc, all your points I don't care to argue.  Mainly because they're all moot.  Who cares if he is or isn't a product of the machine?  I don't.  You do.  oh well.   I don't agree with the majority of the lil wayne comparisons.  There's some valid arguments made but most of them are off base.  Every artist sticks to a particular subject matter.  That's not anything new. 

If Drake is mediocrity at it's best then you have high standards which is fine. 

I admit my problem is I more or less enjoy everything or at the very least find something pleasing in every artist.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2010, 09:56:27 AM »
damn, rap really has changed. i guess Im finally outgrowing this shit.

Bananas

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2010, 10:08:09 AM »
LOL most anticipated by who?13 year old girls?

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »
¸* bumps Drakes King Leon and I like it, NO HOMO. LOL

Thread getting real funny, but a very good thread with good points on both sides.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Jaydc

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »
Him being a part of the machine matters.Just listen to the music,its souless and follows the same tired mainstream formula.Theirs no risks taken in at all.Its cookie cutter music meant to appeal to the same people that listen to lady gaga and britney spears and the people that actually think lil wayne is the best rapper alive.This is music thats made by commitee with a bunch of people overlooking the tnire process to make sure it appeals to certain demographics.Their is nothing organic about drake.You actually enjoy listening to some rich kid that grew up on tv in the media rap about how he wants to be succesfull?Whats next,are you going to listen spencer pratts rap album?

MediumL

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2010, 02:06:15 PM »
Hes very formulaic imo. Nothing new the whole singing and rapping thing. Drakes singing is pretty bad tbh. Dont see how people can like it that much. His lyrics are witty but after a couple listens when ive got used to the beat, hook and punchlines theres nothing more to the song. He cant switch up his speed or do anything that complex.

Seems like someone who has sat down and planned everything he does on a track. just somethin about him seems forced.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Jaydc

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
Oh shiet, I forgot that I was suppose to be listening to Slaughterhouse and just mean mug all the time because that's what all the real though men do.

Let me guess,you dont enjoy fighting instead your always eager to talk it out.You enjoy scented bubble baths followed by a nice glass of wine while listening to the soothing sounds of drake in the background you and your best buds eat chocolate and dish about the latest happenings around the office.Afterwards you all gather your favourite body pillows and watch the commentary to desperate housewives season three.
Get a pair of balls already meho your musical taste embodies that of christian school girl.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2010, 02:20:52 PM »
Thank Me Later will be the Illmatic of this generation :o

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2010, 04:04:01 PM »
Jesus Jaydc how old are you ? You're getting butthurt over people liking Kid Cudi and Drake on a message board like somebody just fucked your girlfriend.

@Medium L, why does he have to be a great singer ? Like all the rappers with the sing songy flwo (Snoop, 50, Cham, Krayzie Bone) none of them are Montell Jordan but they make it work.

Jaydc

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2010, 04:06:10 PM »
Jesus Jaydc how old are you ? You're getting butthurt over people liking Kid Cudi and Drake on a message board like somebody just fucked your girlfriend.

@Medium L, why does he have to be a great singer ? Like all the rappers with the sing songy flwo (Snoop, 50, Cham, Krayzie Bone) none of them are Montell Jordan but they make it work.

You sound like your about to cry.Let me guess,you have pictures of drake up on your wall is that right samantha?