Author Topic: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]  (Read 5057 times)

Lunatic

Re: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2010, 07:48:14 PM »
So, when's the album due out anyways?
March 2010
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »
pretty sure Joey's "The Great Escape" is the most anticipated album of the new decade! ;D 8)

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2010, 08:51:47 PM »
Drake is the best white rapper ever. Drake > Eminem

BIGWORM

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2010, 09:01:36 PM »
^Drake is half jewish and half black he was raised in forest hill and anyone that live's in Toronto knows whats up with that. When we were little kids we used to go up there and jack all those little spoiled kids for there shit!

He needs to stick to rapping for the kids and girls!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2010, 10:24:03 PM »
Here's how I view most internet hip-hop fans:

a bunch of elitist that jerk off to an artist once they're underground but once they blow up they shit talk them and degrade them.   they're always bitching about the mainstream no mattter what form the game is at.  if it's auto-tune they bitch about it.  if it's non-lyrical club shit (gucci man, soulja boy) they bitch about it.  if it contains more personal substance than the club shit (drake) they bitch about it.   basically, most of you Internet fans just bitch about whatever is mainstream. 

I can't take most of your opinions serious because all you do is hate.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2010, 12:37:40 AM »

a bunch of elitist that jerk off to an artist once they're underground but once they blow up they shit talk them and degrade them.   they're always bitching about the mainstream no mattter what form the game is at.  if it's auto-tune they bitch about it.  if it's non-lyrical club shit (gucci man, soulja boy) they bitch about it.  if it contains more personal substance than the club shit (drake) they bitch about it.   basically, most of you Internet fans just bitch about whatever is mainstream. 

ay idont hate but fuck drake

i dunno show respect to a rapper who feature on otha artist track and all he do is sing in dat corny asss voice

dat aint rapper shit .............

ikke

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2010, 01:40:44 AM »

only true for half the board

Jaydc

« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2010, 02:19:51 AM »
I like 50 cent before he was famous,back in the how to rob days and I still like him today.I do however dislike mainstream musis that is quite obviously a machine made artist such as drake.With lil wayne I can respect him because he made himself hot,that was no label doing that.But drake is absolute hype and theirs nothing natural about him or his music.You can practically feel the meeting of the suits with each of his songs of what he should do.Same reason I wouldnt ever listen to say contestant from american idol crap.They dont write their own music they dont produce they dont do anything.Its alll made by commitee.Which is my same problem with what def jam has become.It used to be a great label.Now each album is garbage,no risk taken,no artistry.Just a whos who of whatevers hot at the moment.If that kind of shit makes you happy,thats cool.But that is NOT music.

Portugoal

« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2010, 05:25:03 AM »
^Drake is half jewish and half black

so jews are a white race?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2010, 09:03:18 AM »
I like 50 cent before he was famous,back in the how to rob days and I still like him today.I do however dislike mainstream musis that is quite obviously a machine made artist such as drake.With lil wayne I can respect him because he made himself hot,that was no label doing that.But drake is absolute hype and theirs nothing natural about him or his music.You can practically feel the meeting of the suits with each of his songs of what he should do.Same reason I wouldnt ever listen to say contestant from american idol crap.They dont write their own music they dont produce they dont do anything.Its alll made by commitee.Which is my same problem with what def jam has become.It used to be a great label.Now each album is garbage,no risk taken,no artistry.Just a whos who of whatevers hot at the moment.If that kind of shit makes you happy,thats cool.But that is NOT music.

it's not music?

this is where my head falls off from laughing too hard
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

ikke

« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »

it's not music?

this is where my head falls off from laughing too hard
Music is an expression of creativity. jaydc beliefs that this type of music is not the result of creativity but of marketing research to see what you  have to put on a track to make it succesfull.

THe music business isn't about music.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2010, 10:45:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/nQJACVmankY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/nQJACVmankY</a>

downfall of music right there; not rap at all.

saddest part? go to Youtube, type in "T.I." & the first thing that pops us is this song. :-X

40 million views, basically his most popular song & it's not even rap. :-X

mainstream music isn't the a whole rapper's album, it's the rapper's singles & nine times out of ten (really 10 out of 10) it's some bullshit.

Live Your Life? on the radio for the hook (female).
Empire State of Mind? on the radio for the hook (female).

can you name me 10 major singles in the last three years that wasn't R&B-ish or be on the radio just for the female, catchy hook?

not that i don't like Live Your Life & Empire State of Mind; but it wouldn't even be on the radio if it didn't have the catchy female hook.

what was spit in the verses of both of those songs wouldn't last on the radio; compared to other actual R&B songs, Drake songs, Wayne songs, Kanye feature songs.

it's the only reason mainstream rap gets hated on, is because the artists best song doesn't get any play; just the formulated single that is given to blow, with majority female listeners.

MediumL

« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
thats why im gettin bored of hip hop. kinda movin onto new music cause hip hops become rnb/formulaic and the lyrical abilities have gone down hill. very few rappers make me rewind the track and the beats are usually hollow
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2010, 11:11:12 AM »
thats why im gettin bored of hip hop. kinda movin onto new music cause hip hops become rnb/formulaic and the lyrical abilities have gone down hill. very few rappers make me rewind the track and the beats are usually hollow

Whenever I hear people say stuff like this I think that you can't be checking for underground hip-hop which continues to be creative. I agree with you totally about the commercial hip-hop on TV and the radio, but away from the limelight its completely different.

Hip-hop is getting so big these days that there's always a brand new artists almost every day coming out worth listening to. You've just got to put in the work to find them and some people don't.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »
+1 to 13th duke

real spit homie.