Author Topic: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]  (Read 5054 times)

ikke

Re: Drake - Thank Me Later [Most Anticipated Album Of 2010]
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »
Because someone is still being creative to make music. Just cause it's packaged to appeal to the most listeners doesn't take away from the fact it's still someone creativity creating the music.

That is the opposite of creativity.Being creative is doing something original,something from the heart.A bunch of people in board meetings telling artists what music to make because this is whats marketable is  not creativity.And you may laugh at my comment it isnt music,but it really isnt music.Its a sad interpretation of what music should be.Music is something thats supposed to be beautiful and creative.Thinking whats on the radio today is actually music is the reason the music industry is in the fucking tank right now.Its a manufactured product meant to make money.The process can be put to anything.Do you also think what britney spears does is music?Its a fucking product.

You're wrong.  Sorry being creative does not mean you have to be original or you have to be creating from the heart.  There's no rule book on music being both creative and beautiful.  I do not disagree that the music I enjoy the most I think are both original (in some sense) and beautiful (to some degree) but just because other songs aren't this doesn't mean it's not creative or not music.  You're just limiting what music is.    The problem is our definitions of music and what being creative entails are inherently different.  You put caps on music and you limit creativity.  I don't.  I won't deny someone the right to claim something is music.  The ability to create and then doing so is being creative.   I just use other terms to describe the music created.  I'm more than willing to describe music as not being original or unique but to deny it being music? lol

I'm done with this thread as I've properly explained myself and debating this point any further is useless.
So you simply see music as a sound, how the fuck can a music fan say that?

Jaydc

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2010, 06:10:43 PM »
I agree with candy shop being the start of it.50 made his mark showing street hip hop was king again.Then he ruined it with candy shop.I still remember my jaw dropping when i heard that was his first single.Then just a lil bit was the follow up.Since then street hip and gangsta rap has never recovered.50 destroyed his own career with those two singles.Made him go for number one and beloved,to just looking like he fooled people into thinking he was righteous when really he was just jealous of ja rule.

Matty

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2010, 07:00:09 PM »
this thread officially recieves the jimmy iovine seal of approval.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2010, 07:08:48 PM »
Because someone is still being creative to make music. Just cause it's packaged to appeal to the most listeners doesn't take away from the fact it's still someone creativity creating the music.

That is the opposite of creativity.Being creative is doing something original,something from the heart.A bunch of people in board meetings telling artists what music to make because this is whats marketable is  not creativity.And you may laugh at my comment it isnt music,but it really isnt music.Its a sad interpretation of what music should be.Music is something thats supposed to be beautiful and creative.Thinking whats on the radio today is actually music is the reason the music industry is in the fucking tank right now.Its a manufactured product meant to make money.The process can be put to anything.Do you also think what britney spears does is music?Its a fucking product.

You're wrong.  Sorry being creative does not mean you have to be original or you have to be creating from the heart.  There's no rule book on music being both creative and beautiful.  I do not disagree that the music I enjoy the most I think are both original (in some sense) and beautiful (to some degree) but just because other songs aren't this doesn't mean it's not creative or not music.  You're just limiting what music is.    The problem is our definitions of music and what being creative entails are inherently different.  You put caps on music and you limit creativity.  I don't.  I won't deny someone the right to claim something is music.  The ability to create and then doing so is being creative.   I just use other terms to describe the music created.  I'm more than willing to describe music as not being original or unique but to deny it being music? lol

I'm done with this thread as I've properly explained myself and debating this point any further is useless.
So you simply see music as a sound, how the fuck can a music fan say that?

How you managed to get that conclusion out of my paragraph baffles me.   Some argue that all sound is music but I do not take this perspective.  I view music as a series of notes strung together usually but not always in some pattern.  It often creates a rhythm and it's resonance is pleasing.   There are many tools to do this.  Most popular are musical instruments and the vocals we produce.  Though, obviously, this is not always the case.  My argument is that the creation of that pattern and that sound, once done despite whatever reason motivated it's creation, is still music.  It doesn't matter if it's reason for its creation is marketing purposes or some deep burning desire of expression.  It's still music.  Note, I have never stated which one I prefer or which one I think is superior.   I have simply stated that it's all music despite your protests against it.  It's not hard argument to follow.  You all can argue some music is not as organic of one person as other music is but to argue that it's not music is stupid, silly, and egotistical. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2010, 07:27:02 PM »
And, how you argue it started with 50 cent's music baffles me.   

Kid n play?  Grand master flash? mc hammer?

What's gangsta rap?   

These arguments were thrown against Dr.Dre and the west coast back in the 90's (post-nwa, chronic era).   Dr.Dre & Snoop Dogg aren't saying anythign.  They're rapping about bitches and weed!  OH NO!  It's not real.  It's all commercial music made by the corporation to gain millions!

Puff daddy and the bad boys?

The argument isn't new
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks