Author Topic: Is my new name racist  (Read 351 times)

HBKid_Jr

Is my new name racist
« on: November 26, 2002, 10:13:09 AM »
Is it???????,  its no problem when a black guy wears a shirt sayin black an pround.  or any other minority shows how proud they are of there race.  Im jus lettin people know im proud to be white

Don Seer

Re:Is my new name racist
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 10:19:27 AM »
it shouldnt be.

But due to KKK's, nazi's and the like white pride has a bad name.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 10:46:57 AM »
im proud to be a cow  :)
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 11:21:55 AM »
I'm proud to be white, too.  White Power.  CHUUTCH!

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 11:47:09 AM »
i dont take it to be racist as long as u dont say nuthing badda about any other race then its ok. i mean im hispanic and proud so dont worry about nun. im out!!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2002, 11:49:19 AM »
It's natural to be proud of your race, for shizzle.  Some people aren't, and want to be another race, and for that, urgh, i'm sorry for ya.  Peace out~

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 11:55:21 AM »
It's natural to be proud of your race, for shizzle.  Some people aren't, and want to be another race, and for that, urgh, i'm sorry for ya.  Peace out~

ya i feel sorry for ppl who arent pround of there race. im out!!!

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2002, 01:22:04 PM »

yeaa.. some ppl call them self "latino" and other names when their just white..
it feels like its "more hiphop" to be latin than white sometimes :P
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2002, 02:21:00 PM »
kinda like seer said, blame shit like tha KKK and Nazi'z for makin tha termz "White Power", "White Pride", and otherz....negative. When other races (minorities) use something like, "Black Power" it was never to degrade others, only to uplift their own. U yurself might not be racist for using the name, jus dont be surprised when people ASSUME u are. It isnt racist to shave yur head, wear sum tightazz black jeans wit sum black bootz either lol. But, could u be mistakin for a skinhead? Maybe so.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2002, 02:35:32 PM »
kinda like seer said, blame shit like tha KKK and Nazi'z for makin tha termz "White Power", "White Pride", and otherz....negative. When other races (minorities) use something like, "Black Power" it was never to degrade others, only to uplift their own. U yurself might not be racist for using the name, jus dont be surprised when people ASSUME u are. It isnt racist to shave yur head, wear sum tightazz black jeans wit sum black bootz either lol. But, could u be mistakin for a skinhead? Maybe so.

word

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Doggystylin

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2002, 08:57:25 PM »
it shouldnt be.

But due to KKK's, nazi's and the like white pride has a bad name.

Pillow

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2002, 10:54:15 PM »
na, that shit aint racist, be proud of ur whiteness. some ppl are to sensitive these days and would take that as racism, but thats just stupid.

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2002, 01:52:09 AM »

Ya better read up on the Nation Of Islam.

They teach the white man is the devil, and that we're evil etc etc

Being white I also find being called a 'cracka' offensive/

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2002, 04:24:14 AM »
Ya better read up on the Nation Of Islam.

They teach the white man is the devil, and that we're evil etc etc

Being white I also find being called a 'cracka' offensive/

Do they? hmmm....

I do know some about the Nation of Islam. The Autobiography of Malcolm X, actually was one of the first real books i remember reading in school. From what I remember, the Nation doesnt teach that "the white man is the Devil". Yes theyve had members in the past, AND present who might believe that. But they dont necessarily TEACH it. They simply dont hide the fact that over the course of History, the whiteman has perpetrated some VERY devilish ACTS, Slavery, Genocide of the Native American, Holocaust, etc...etc. They arent evil as a whole, but text books in America DO like to hide the truth at times. So u have to understand the harshness it might take, to get people to listen.

I dont think there is ANY comparison between organizations like the KKK, Nazis, or skinheads...and the Nation Of Islam. Which is why, a term like "White Power" will ALWAYZ be seen as racist, and "Black Power" wont...even in a country like America, where whites by far outnumber blacks. Whether or not the Nation preached racism, is for interpretation and up for debate. Whether or not the KKK, Skinheads, or Nazis preach racism...isnt.  Its fact, and theyll tell u its fact. Its what their organization is ALL about.

One more thing, with the structure of America (Whites on top, Minorities on bottom), there are certain things that whites should accept IMO. True, racism is racism....regardless of where it comes from. But when one group is in power and can essentially make decisions that can affect another group...then racism from THAT side, becomes far more of a problem. If i hate the police, then so be it. But if the police hate me, i would have a serious problem on my hands. So its pretty natural, that when a group that is trying to move UP to equality socialy, uses a term like "Black Power", its obviously meant as a cry to move UP. But when the group ontop, who has ALWAYS been in 'power' in this country, uses the term "White Power", then what is their purpose? To mock those not in power? To keep others down from the same 'power'? Or to boast of the 'power' they posess? There is no where to move UP for them. They already have the 'power' in this country.  If the roles were reversed, it would be the same thing...but theyre not.

Me being half white, half Filipino i get to see both sides of this shit. And to be honest, i dont care for racism period. But to be honest, racism from white people in this country makes me fukin sick. I can somewhat tolerate tho, when minorites are racist towards whites. It might sound fuked up, but oh well. I can understand how the people on the bottom, will start to hate the ones on top...especially when they feel the people on top, want them to remain at the bottom. I cant understand, how the Majority, in power..can be racist towards anyone else. I dont feel they have ANY cause for the shit. I know, not all white people are rich, and living the good life. Shit, theres poor white people in this country too. But damn, just cus the text books didnt teach it...doest mean theres a reason to be blind to the facts.

damn...anywayz, i got sidetracked there lol

bottom line, people on bottom preach "power" to get to the level of those on top. People ontop preach "power" to remain ontop thus keeping others down. My opinion..
« Last Edit: November 27, 2002, 04:29:38 AM by .:DayGoStyLz:. »

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2002, 04:24:54 AM »
It's not racist, unless you claim to be proud of such things as the way they treated native americans, and later blacks (assuming your from america) Theres nothing wrong with being proud to be white, but some other folks might think your putting yourself above other races. Also i dont think races are just colour based. I mean over here we wouldnt say white and proud. We might say Irish and proud. But if a dude came down the street with British and proud on it, we'd have a lot of hate towards him...because we associate britain with oppression. The same may be happen for you. 1
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK