Poll

Dj quik is better than dr.dre ?

Yeah Quik is better
21 (42.9%)
Nah i prefer Dr.dre
28 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Dj Quik VS Dr.dre  (Read 1346 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Dj Quik VS Dr.dre
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2002, 03:25:20 PM »
Dr dre is so much better, even though I'm not feelin his newest stuff too much.   Quik's tight though, and I prefer the stuff he's doin now over Dre's, but all in all he's not Dr. Dre.  

BL7

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2002, 03:40:44 PM »
DJ Quik by far. Dre's okay, but he can't rap, plus I'm not feeling his beats. Even a lot of his old shit is weak.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2002, 07:02:29 PM by BL7 »

Jome

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2002, 06:49:43 PM »
Dr.Dre is the G.O.A.T. producer, nuff said.
Quik is a tite producer, but I don't like his voice.

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2002, 07:06:37 PM »
Quik is dope no doubt, but he isn't fukin with Dre's catalog...The Chronic, Doggystyle, 2001 are 3 of the best produced albums ever in hiphop, not to mention the shit he did with NWA, DOC, Eazy-E in the 80's...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2002, 08:06:43 PM »
quik i  crown as 2nd best in rap but dre is #1

it's like comparing jimi hendrex with angus young from ac dc

angus young is tight but he wouldn't have a career without jimi laying out the blueprint to westcoast  beat making

plus quik through most of his career 89-01 has relied HEAVILY on Roger and Zapp....true dre relied on G. Clinton but that was from 91-94/5

dre's proven he can switch style and still sound dope without losing listeners....just gainging more everytime around (nwa to deathrow to aftermath...he's consistantly eclipsed his career each go round), he's also reinvented production methods each time around

we went from jacking old ass records to using sampling sparingly while mixing in your own original shit....and since 97 has been pushing producers to be more original

no one in in rap can make that claim

quik's only claims to fame is he could play his own instruments and WAS the best rapping producer ....but a little dude named eminem has now taken that crown

no matter your preference you have to tip your hat to dre no matter who comes into a producing contest  (rap wise) with him

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2002, 08:14:22 PM »
angus young is tight but he wouldn't have a career without jimi laying out the blueprint to westcoast  beat making

I'm going with Angus Young too.  Darren Blake needs to make a hip-hop classic first.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2002, 08:16:14 PM by C2Knuckles »

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2002, 08:59:11 PM »
How many people can say theyve heard all from both?

More people are gonna choose dre cause they dont own quiks whole catalog...In fact theres a reason right there...Quik has way more of a catalog than Dre (7 cds to be exact) Also Quik has never fallen off...hes just switched up his style. You cant judge him by one record cause he always sounds different. Dre hasnt done much to change...People say they feel Quiks newer shit more than dres....well what makes anyone think this will change...Dres guest apperences have been shitty for the most part but Quik has hardley provided leftover beats to anyone that hes produced for reciently...

Remember Quality not Quantity.... Think of they worst songs Quik has been on this year...then think of Dres...

Im not tryna bring Dre fans down but c'mon Ive just named some valid points and there are way more.

DRE will always be #1 because he'll always be bigger. But Quiks MUSIC will always be #1 cause it will always be better.

Oh yeah and if you havnt heard all from both then dont vote cause you cant judge by guest apperences. Go buy every DJ Quik cd then vote.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2002, 09:29:54 PM »
How many people can say theyve heard all from both?

More people are gonna choose dre cause they dont own quiks whole catalog...In fact theres a reason right there...Quik has way more of a catalog than Dre (7 cds to be exact) Also Quik has never fallen off...hes just switched up his style. You cant judge him by one record cause he always sounds different. Dre hasnt done much to change...People say they feel Quiks newer shit more than dres....well what makes anyone think this will change...Dres guest apperences have been shitty for the most part but Quik has hardley provided leftover beats to anyone that hes produced for reciently...

Remember Quality not Quantity.... Think of they worst songs Quik has been on this year...then think of Dres...

Im not tryna bring Dre fans down but c'mon Ive just named some valid points and there are way more.

DRE will always be #1 because he'll always be bigger. But Quiks MUSIC will always be #1 cause it will always be better.

Oh yeah and if you havnt heard all from both then dont vote cause you cant judge by guest apperences. Go buy every DJ Quik cd then vote.
or go download them all!!! ;)...lol..jk go out and buy them...anyway you can make good points dre fans can make good points and thats the way it is.....this is never ending.....i personally like dre and quik is number 2 in my opinion but like i said it is and opinion....you got yours saying quik is the best and thats cool too.

Myrealname

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2002, 10:44:43 PM »

I'm going with Angus Young too.  Darren Blake needs to make a hip-hop classic first.

David,not darren :D

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2002, 10:59:40 PM »

I got everything they officialy released...so why the fuck should I Care...

Stupid pole....They are both equal.

Myrealname

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2002, 11:05:44 PM »

I got everything they officialy released...so why the fuck should I Care...

Stupid pole....They are both equal.
Mr.stupid pole go to your bedroom and listen to some ja rule new ish

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2002, 04:11:45 AM »
Quik...

His beats are tight. Quik knows how to use instruments. Most of them are just "way 2 fonky". But Quik is also the better rapper. I've never felt Dre's rapping style.

word
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2002, 05:24:53 AM »
Dj Dre. Honestly, today its Quik but tomorrow its Dre again. it changes everyday. I can't decide. Dre had 2 classic albums and produced tons of classic tracks for other albums, and Quik has at least 4 classic albums.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2002, 06:26:58 AM »
David,not darren :D

I also quoted the other guy who put down Angus Young.  Just joking around clowning him.  ;)

Murrow

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2002, 03:05:24 PM »
No way Quik.  He has not impacted music nearly as much as Dre.  Quik does not have 4 classic albums, LOL, y'all need to get your definitions strizzzaight.  Quik's never really invented himself to another level like Dre, and hasn't brought fools in like Snoop and Eminem; two of the biggest stars in hip-hop history.