1 (20%)
Doomsday
1 (20%)
Accordion
0 (0%)
Other
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: best mf doom song  (Read 355 times)

thisoneguy360

Re: best mf doom song
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »
hes preforming in Amsterdam in march. first time hes coming to holland. not really sure if i want to go. with the whole imposter thing you know.

was that ever proven to actually happen? I remember the rumours that he sent imposters out instead but I thought it was just a rumour.

I'm pretty sure there's a youtube video of an imposter getting booed off the stage or some shit like that..

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 02:18:01 PM »
hes preforming in Amsterdam in march. first time hes coming to holland. not really sure if i want to go. with the whole imposter thing you know.

was that ever proven to actually happen? I remember the rumours that he sent imposters out instead but I thought it was just a rumour.

I'm pretty sure there's a youtube video of an imposter getting booed off the stage or some shit like that..

really? I might have a check for it. I'm a big Doom fan but its just cheating the fans and lazy of the artist to not even turn up to his own gigs if it is true.

ikke

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 06:10:41 PM »
This guy wears a mask ffs, get the fuckign picture he doesn't like being reconized let alone perform for a few hundred people.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 08:38:28 PM »
This guy wears a mask ffs, get the fuckign picture he doesn't like being reconized let alone perform for a few hundred people.

haha so you think Doom wears a mask because he's shy?  ;D

Mate, would you not say its more just a character and a gimmick! I highly doubt he chose to wear a mask back when he created the MF Doom character back in the late 90s because he 'didn't like being recognised'!! ;D

JAZ

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 02:27:21 AM »

Mate, would you not say its more just a character and a gimmick! I highly doubt he chose to wear a mask back when he created the MF Doom character back in the late 90s because he 'didn't like being recognised'!! ;D
its not like hes a mainstream artist pulling a huge audience every show, every night. Just a few hundred geeks every once in a while.

westside159

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 03:41:35 AM »
Doom has a huge underground following and can sell 300,000 without radio .  thats good

ikke

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 07:16:19 AM »

I think it's both.

westside159

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 04:29:20 PM »
cant wait to hear that new DOOM and Madlib album

JAZ

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 06:56:21 PM »
his latest album sucked though. i only liked that posse cut with slug.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 03:03:05 AM »
his latest album sucked though. i only liked that posse cut with slug.

"Born Like This" was great mate. Listen to it again!

Cellz had a stonking beat. Some great tracks on there. The song with Slug & Kurious was cool though yeah. Supervillianz.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 09:47:02 AM »
[quote author=The Great Cornholio link=topic=242141.msg2446116#msg2446116 date=1264212641
[/quote]

I don't know if I'd say he's shy, when he first started rapping he didn't have a mask, it's just all part of his gimmick. Well that's what I think anyways lol

ikke

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 11:15:32 AM »
[quote author=The Great Cornholio link=topic=242141.msg2446116#msg2446116 date=1264212641

I don't know if I'd say he's shy, when he first started rapping he didn't have a mask, it's just all part of his gimmick. Well that's what I think anyways lol
[/quote]he was also in a group back then :P.

I might be wrong it's just what I think

westside159

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 06:08:24 AM »
gimmick ?  DOOM dont need a gimmick , all he need is a mic

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 06:56:56 AM »
gimmick ?  DOOM dont need a gimmick , all he need is a mic

maybe now...but he needed it when he came out solo to differentiate himself in the underground scene. Also he wanted to distance himself from the KMD years because he was still hurting after Subroc's death.

westside159

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 07:54:08 AM »
right