Author Topic: "Better dayz" Release day....talk  (Read 309 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
"Better dayz" Release day....talk
« on: November 26, 2002, 11:04:51 AM »
Danm!!!
This album really hit the fucken heart tuff....
cause 2pac is my favorite listen and artist.
But both his music/work was badly destroyed on this release.
All the original production is credited in the booklet and it makes u scratch ya fucken head and wonder why
they changed the perfect combination of
"Johnny J & 2pac"....
and added piss-on producer's instead.
I avoided all the downloading going on....
cause How can a 2pac lp go wrong?
But I was sadly broken down when I popped it in and heard Southern producer's and Eastcoast rapper's screamin' on track's with Pac.
This is truly a sad day in hip-hop....the new beats made our favorites sound badly out of time..
only a couple of track's are stand out's.
but most of this should have stayed as our bootleged version's....ImO

"Thugz mansion"
"Never call u bitch again"
"Better dayz"
"U can call"
Only thing worth while sofar....

Hatesrats 2oo2

"Thug in peace PAC"
They did u wrong by releasing disc 1....ImO
« Last Edit: November 26, 2002, 01:13:35 PM by Hatesrats »

_E_A_Z_Y_

Re:Better dayz " Release day talk
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 11:08:46 AM »
absolutley my oppiniopn! you're right! i won't buy this album!!!

Murrow

Re:"Better dayz" Release day....talk
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 11:37:49 AM »
Word, "Thug Mansion" is deep, I like his lines like, "Maybe in time you'll understand only God can saves us" etc.  Good album.

Myrealname

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 11:39:27 AM »
"Maybe in time you'll understand only God can saves us" etc.  
How original

Murrow

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 11:59:57 AM »
"Maybe in time you'll understand only God can saves us" etc.  
How original

It is true though.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2002, 01:07:10 PM »
I duno man... the only song I wanna hear is Never call u a bitch again..

*Myrealname is about to get dissed ..*

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 04:26:42 PM »
lmao at all the people bitching about this album. I swear, 2Pac fans are the most spoiled mothafuckers in the world....makes me ashamed to be one sometimes. Quit bitching about the album. We're lucky to even BE GETTING new material from Pac years after his death. You could be a Biggie fan, and get nothing at all. Afeni doesnt have to release these songs.

Anyway, I think the album is hot. And yes, ive heard most of the originals. Some of them are better, but not all of them. Alot of the album versions are improvements over the originals, such as Street Fame [much better than the OG version], Never B Peace, Catchin Feelings, and a couple others. Its 25 songs, and Id say a good 17-18 of them are strong cuts.....There is no doubt this album shits all over UTEOT. Anyone who says otherwise must have shitty taste in music.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Efrain

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2002, 06:03:43 PM »
lmao at all the people bitching about this album. I swear, 2Pac fans are the most spoiled mothafuckers in the world....makes me ashamed to be one sometimes. Quit bitching about the album. We're lucky to even BE GETTING new material from Pac years after his death. You could be a Biggie fan, and get nothing at all. Afeni doesnt have to release these songs.

Anyway, I think the album is hot. And yes, ive heard most of the originals. Some of them are better, but not all of them. Alot of the album versions are improvements over the originals, such as Street Fame [much better than the OG version], Never B Peace, Catchin Feelings, and a couple others. Its 25 songs, and Id say a good 17-18 of them are strong cuts.....There is no doubt this album shits all over UTEOT. Anyone who says otherwise must have shitty taste in music.

Kid what planet u from?. This shit’s ass plain and simple..
1)The outlawz scream over all the new songs making them there own, and they remover original people. They suck
2)The production if laughable and in some cases the worst stuff I've ever heard...from anyone
3)The Guest Artists are out of control ..Jaze phaa, that strange random southern rapper on "changed man"... TRICK DADDY...NAS

Your out of your fuckin mind if you think this is signature 2pac material or ever listening worthy. Its fake remixed garbage that sounds nothing like 2pac. Any you say this shits acceptable? Do you see John Lennon’s estate puling this shit with his old records? ..how about old Beatles songs??? Marvin Gaye??? NO fuckin way, so why do you think Afeni can do it? or Fans are spoiled for being outraged wit it?. The album is trash and anyone who isn’t a Thug4lifeDiehardIlove2pacSoooMuch fan see's it for what it is.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2002, 06:17:23 PM »

Kid what planet u from?. This shit’s ass plain and simple..
1)The outlawz scream over all the new songs making them there own, and they remover original people. They suck
2)The production if laughable and in some cases the worst stuff I've ever heard...from anyone
3)The Guest Artists are out of control ..Jaze phaa, that strange random southern rapper on "changed man"... TRICK DADDY...NAS

Your out of your fuckin mind if you think this is signature 2pac material or ever listening worthy. Its fake remixed garbage that sounds nothing like 2pac. Any you say this shits acceptable? Do you see John Lennon’s estate puling this shit with his old records? ..how about old Beatles songs??? Marvin Gaye??? NO fuckin way, so why do you think Afeni can do it? or Fans are spoiled for being outraged wit it?. The album is trash and anyone who isn’t a Thug4lifeDiehardIlove2pacSoooMuch fan see's it for what it is.

The difference is, John Lennons stuff and Marvin Gaye's stuff isnt bootlegged. Pac's is. If they released these songs in the original form, nobody would buy them, because everyone has them. Its basically the fans fault that the songs are being remixed. If they didnt bootleg them, they'd be released untouched.

And I guess im out of mind, because this album is hot. There's no less than half a dozen classic songs, and overall, there are about 7 songs I can do without, which isnt too bad out of 25 cuts.

Thats my thoughts, and I aint gonna change em', so whatever.

And dont ever come at me like I dont know what im talking about. Ive been listening to Pac's music for 7 years now, and hip hop in general for a decade now, so get off my nuts.

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2002, 07:12:07 PM »
Album is ok...I downloaded it last week...I don't like how they just remix the originals but I guess they have to sell records...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

Efrain

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2002, 08:25:07 PM »

The difference is, John Lennons stuff and Marvin Gaye's stuff isnt bootlegged. Pac's is. If they released these songs in the original form, nobody would buy them, because everyone has them. Its basically the fans fault that the songs are being remixed. If they didnt bootleg them, they'd be released untouched.

And I guess im out of mind, because this album is hot. There's no less than half a dozen classic songs, and overall, there are about 7 songs I can do without, which isnt too bad out of 25 cuts.

And dont ever come at me like I dont know what im talking about. Ive been listening to Pac's music for 7 years now, and hip hop in general for a decade now, so get off my nuts.

Whooaa dude, aiight Ill tone it down on the hostility and as u said 'get off your nuts,' if you tell me again honestly ..with all your so called credibility listening to 2pac and hip hop for years and years.. that the new 2pac album Better Dayz.. has "A DOZEN CLASSIC" 2pac songs. And you’re serious about that??

Wow man I gotta say that’s the saddest shit I ever heard. A dozen fucking classics.. man I feel sorry for you dogg But I think you need to start actually listening to hip-hop and 2pac because you might have been around for his stuff but you damn sure don’t have a clue to what your speaking on....A dozen classics, Christ.

I don’t even know what else to say to a statement like that krazy, I'm shocked.

Oh and if you really believe that the reason for "updating" tracks is ONLY because of the bootlegged material and its the fans who are responsible, then ask your self Why remix tracks that WERE NOT previously bootlegged? and what's the reason for the addition of BIG NAME guest artists?  They want money kid, welcome to reality. Your naive and foolish to think that a big artist like NAS being mixed on to a song and that song subsequently being a single are coincidences. Same with Trick Daddy, the song he was mixed onto was one of the first sent to stations, stop sleeping and except the truth.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2002, 09:23:51 PM »

Whooaa dude, aiight Ill tone it down on the hostility and as u said 'get off your nuts,' if you tell me again honestly ..with all your so called credibility listening to 2pac and hip hop for years and years.. that the new 2pac album Better Dayz.. has "A DOZEN CLASSIC" 2pac songs. And you’re serious about that??

Wow man I gotta say that’s the saddest shit I ever heard. A dozen fucking classics.. man I feel sorry for you dogg But I think you need to start actually listening to hip-hop and 2pac because you might have been around for his stuff but you damn sure don’t have a clue to what your speaking on....A dozen classics, Christ.

I don’t even know what else to say to a statement like that krazy, I'm shocked.

Oh and if you really believe that the reason for "updating" tracks is ONLY because of the bootlegged material and its the fans who are responsible, then ask your self Why remix tracks that WERE NOT previously bootlegged? and what's the reason for the addition of BIG NAME guest artists?  They want money kid, welcome to reality. Your naive and foolish to think that a big artist like NAS being mixed on to a song and that song subsequently being a single are coincidences. Same with Trick Daddy, the song he was mixed onto was one of the first sent to stations, stop sleeping and except the truth.

If you read my post carefully, you would have seen I said HALF a dozen classics........6 classic songs, give or take. For a post humous album, that isnt bad. There are about 18 songs I can listen to, and of those 18, id say about 6 of them are classics. The remaining 12 range from above average to very good. Theres about 6 or 7 songs I dont like.

And of course the remixes arent gonna be bootlegged, because they dont remix the albums until they are gonna release the songs. The originals of most of these tracks have been floating around for 6 years now.....the remixes dont get bootlegged until the album is about to be released. As for the big name artists being on the album, I dont have a problem with that if its a dope artist. Nas is one of my fav MC's ever, probably my second fav MC behind Pac. Ive always dreamed of a Nas/Pac collab, so this is a good thing for me, and the acoustic song is absolutly off the hook. I dont care if Nas was mixed in or not, the song is dope.

Trust me, I know my stuff when it comes to this hip hop shit. Do you think im one of these fans that just got into hip hop yestarday, and thinks Eminem is the greatest thing ever?? If so, you're sorely mistaken. Here's a list of my personal favs.......

fav MC's and groups:

Pac, Nas, Guru, Chuck D, GZA, Cube, Biggie, Talib, Scarface, Wu Tang, Tribe, Mobb Deep, Bone, OutKast, the Geto Boys, etc etc....too many to name.

Fav producers:

RZA, Primo, Dre, Alchemist, Havoc, Hi Tek, Organized Noise, Daz, etc

Fav albums:

Makaveli, Illmatic, Aquemini, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, E.1999 Eternal, Midnight Marauders, All Eyez On Me, Doggystyle, Hell On Earth, 36 Chambers, The Diary, ATLiens, fuck it...........way to many 2 name.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2002, 10:41:32 PM »
this album is dope. fuck the haters.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2002, 03:01:36 AM »
This don't get released in the Uk until December 2nd so I got another week to wait. I've put off downloading it for this long so I think I can wait another week  :)

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2002, 03:38:08 AM »
some tracks are good but the remixes are garbage.... still ok