Author Topic: Purified Water  (Read 553 times)

Matty

Purified Water
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:28:03 AM »
anyone else use one of these? just got one today :bandit:

Bananas

Re: Purified Water
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 02:47:30 PM »
Is that some sort of bong?

I use a brita filter. Nothing like a tall glass of cold water first thing in the morning.

Matty

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 02:54:36 PM »

I use a brita filter. Nothing like a tall glass of cold water first thing in the morning.

its a water distiller to make pure water.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 03:49:05 PM »

The Berkey Light which can now be purchased by a british dealer thank god!

Matty

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »
i've been pre-filtering all the water with a brita before putting it through the distiller and there is still impressive amounts of residue left over. needless to say, filtered water isn't a whole lot cleaner than it is straight out the tap.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 05:24:36 PM »
anyone else use one of these? just got one today :bandit:

I'm too lazy to have to have to fill up the water in there, place in the refrigerator, then refill again after every couple glasses of water.  Fortunately I have a refrigerator that dispenses filtered water and I just change the filter every 6 months or so. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 06:06:31 PM »
Beyonce and myself say drink Crystal Geyser...

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »

I'd have thought you'd prefer to drink up some milkshake.

Bananas

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »

I'd have thought you'd prefer to drink up some milkshake.

Draaiiiiinaggge

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 01:45:05 PM »
I got a Brita filter jug thing in the fridge.  I don't care about tap water, I just want cold water.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »
Firstly it's untrue to say filtered water isn't much cleaner than tap water, scienctific studies prove that, however secondly matty, distilled water kills everything in the water, the bacteria and the minerals.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:12:14 PM by virtuoso »

Matty

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 05:00:09 PM »
Firstly it's untrue to say filtered water isn't much cleaner than tap water, scienctific studies prove that, however secondly matty, distilled water kills everything in the water, the bacteria and the minerals.

ok some filters are better than others, but my point was that there is a still a lot of junk left over after running tap water through a standard brita filter.

also, filters will struggle to remove anywhere near as many of the inorganic compounds as distillation does. and yes what you are left with is ONLY water, but that's the entire point. normally the liver works to purify water by itself, so pre-purified water is put to use hydrating and drawing out toxins from the body straight away and far more efficiently. there is a ton of stuff written about this but more importantly i can add that i know it to be true. generally only useful or neccesary for 'sick' people, but it is what it is.

some of those trace minerals and things you mention are good for you and are present in naturally occuring water, but if you have to rely on water as the/a source of your required minerals then ones diet is severely lacking.

so to conclude, pure water for optimal health :bandit: (without the cigar)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 05:57:12 PM by Matty »

The Overfiend

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 03:29:31 AM »
Purified water is the Holy Water of Life! I love going to the fridge and getting a chill tall glass of purified water...makes me thankful for liberty, freedom and all that is good with human society.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »
Purified water is the Holy Water of Life! I love going to the fridge and getting a chill tall glass of purified water...makes me thankful for liberty, freedom and all that is good with human society.

lol a bit over the top there...

If ALL was good....we wouldnt need purified water.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"