Author Topic: Warren G talks about not working close with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre & Death Row  (Read 4341 times)

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
exactly. both albums were weak, and both artists can make alot better music if they want to, but they opted to go the sellout route, and the end result is that MnW is the lowest selling solo album by snoop, with around 150k in sales, while warren's album didnt even chart. i dont think warren's album did more than a couple thousand units

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
Warren G did keep it real (well, his last music suck, just as Snoop)
Snoop Dogg was faking it.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Who giveS a fuck! WARREN G CREATED CLASSIC ALBUM AND MUSIC WITHOUT THEM FOOLS! WHEN U REALLY THINK ABOUT IT, HE WAS BETTER OFF AFTER HOW ALL THAT SHIT TURNED OUT! IF ANYTHING, WARREN G DID IT ON HIS OWN BEFORE MANY OF THESE RAPPERS NOW! HE DID IT ON HIS OWN BEFORE SNOOP OR THA DOGG POUND! HE WAS HIS OWN MAN AND HANDLED SHIT THE RIGHT WAY! EVERYBODY NEEDED SOMEONE TO START OFF! DRE NEEEDED NWA! ICE CUBE SAME SHIT! EMINEM NEEDED DRE! DRE NEEDED SNOOP AND VICE VERSA! IT GOES ON AND ON! ITS ALL GOOD A GRAVY!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

kuruptDPG

dan you would think that suge didnt want him at deathrow but it sounded likedre,snoop etc didnt want him there

Okka

dan you would think that suge didnt want him at deathrow but it sounded likedre,snoop etc didnt want him there

Nah, it doesn't. Suge decided what got released. I think Dre said that just cause he knew that Warren ain't comin' out on Death Row anytime soon and he already had huge success with "Regulate", so Dre knew he could get a deal on another label and release an album. A lot of people on Death Row records didn't get the credit they deserved, no wonder that so many people left and started talkin' shit about Death Row Records.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
^ lol

Warren G new album was on the same level as Snoop Dogg
yeah, can't hate on the kiddy logic :laugh:

Lunatic

Actually I enjoyed G Files more than Malice now that I think of it

good songs on G Files:
West is Back
Let's Get High
100 Miles & Runnin'
Suicide
Masquerade
Hold On
What's Wrong

not to forget dope records that didn't make it unfortunately like gigalo's get lonely 2.

good songs on Malice:
I Wanna Rock
2 Minute Warning
Different Languages
Upside Down
Secrets
Pimpin Ain't EZ
Special

overall though Malice had a lot more shitty songs than G Files
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Snoop is even on the lead single, how much more does he need for it to qualify as jerk off material?

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
For any of the american cats here who might not have heard Prince Igor, which was a massive Warren G featured hit in Europe in 1997:

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG

I agree.
Like I never understood whythefuck Dre worked with many different ppl (deathrow, nas & firm, lot more...), but never with Warren who is str8 family ??
Like I never understood whythefuck Snoop did not want Warren to produce one track on 213 album ??

fabtoxicp

yeah i kno, it is a shame dat the brothers never hooked up. but they did do one song - "Lookin At You", but Mr Iovine (for whatever reason) never gave clearance on Dre's vocals, dat's why u aint hearin him on it - the o.g. had G-dubb and Dre rappin together..
warren said this in an interview on dubcnn

and the reason why Warren never produced on the 213-album, was because of industry-politics. Snoop, who called the shots on the project, was tryin to play the name-game wit the production - Kanye West, Hi-Tek,  Neptunes, Missy Elliot etc..
still tho, the album had production by Soundscannerz, so at least 1 warren-beat would've been more politicaly correct
and i think warren actually did do some production - it's just dat, dat whatever he did, never got used - they did like 100 songs for that album (and a alotta shit leaked, altho in snippets)

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
they did like 100 songs for that album (and a alotta shit leaked, altho in snippets)

even tho they said that, i believe its bullshit. i think they had like maximum 10 tracks which didnt make the album. i dont believe they did that many

Okka

even tho they said that, i believe its bullshit. i think they had like maximum 10 tracks which didnt make the album. i dont believe they did that many

Nah, it's not. A lot of those leftovers leaked and some of them just leaked as snippets. There's more then 10 of them, that's for sure.

Mista Rosa

Nah, it's not. A lot of those leftovers leaked and some of them just leaked as snippets. There's more then 10 of them, that's for sure.

i'm not sure that there are really more than 10 leftovers. They said they recorded the record real fast like in one month... the left overs that leaked are "sunny dayz" "she wasn't feeling me" "to be with somebody (snippet)" "we gonna ride (snippet)" (and do you count "dolla dolla bill" and "fallin' in  love again" as leftovers??) AM I MISSING SOME ??
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

i'm not sure that there are really more than 10 leftovers. They said they recorded the record real fast like in one month... the left overs that leaked are "sunny dayz" "she wasn't feeling me" "to be with somebody (snippet)" "we gonna ride (snippet)" (and do you count "dolla dolla bill" and "fallin' in  love again" as leftovers??) AM I MISSING SOME ??

-Sunny Dayz
-She Wasnt Feeling Me
-To Be With Somebody (feat. Pusha T)
-We Gonna Ride
-Dolla Dolla Bill (there's two versions of this track, a 213 track and then the Nate solo both have the same beat though)
-Fallin In Love Again
-Rollin Down The Highway
-Whistle While U Hustle (feat. Daz Dillinger & Soopafly) (European Bonus Track)
-Brown Skin

And then there's the original version of "Gotta Find A Way" with Butch Cassidy, plus there's the two Warren G remixes of "Groupie Love" and a DJ Pooh remix of "So Fly". I'm sure i'm missin' some track names though.