Author Topic: Warren G talks about not working close with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre & Death Row  (Read 4324 times)

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Okka

Warren G speakin' the truth. Kinda fucked up that shit went down the way it did back in the Death Row days.

V2DHeart

What's this? A video in 2010 where someone aint dissin' the next man? That's unique in itself
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Warren g interview, death row, feels left out by snoop and dre.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 09:04:34 PM »

After watching this I started to wonder why dre doesn't collaborate with warren g. I don't even think he came out on chronic 2001, maybe dre and snoop thin warren is wack?

Warren seems legitimately hurt about being excluded.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn g dubb hurt like a mutha....step it up g dubb and release some dope muzik like you once did
get over it g-dubb..lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
step it up g dubb and release some dope muzik like you once did

• Muthafuckin' Don!
for real stop complainin bout somethin that you chose to do years ago, do whats good for right now cuz you cant go back into time
aite you werent involved more on any of dre's projects...so what?
you can make dope muzik wit out him...so do it but dont make that wack shit you made wit ray j and that other shit
DAMN RETURN OF THE REGULATOR IS CLASSIC
GAME DONT WAIT...damn g dubb for real tho
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:52:39 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
this was a good interview.. I kinda feel bad for him.  U can tell it bothers him a lil. 

And to everybody saying he should stop complaining and get over it, give the man a little slack.
This guy's been getting asked these questions for the last 12 years, and he's always kept quiet and never said anything.  He just talked about his new projects, and leaving the past behind him.. This is the one time, or at least the first I've ever heard a response like this. 
Everybody has a couple of moments, when they think back on times in their life and get a lil emo.. I'm guessing, Warren had a some alcohol in his system, and the reporter just asked him a question, that brought back some memories.. and his response just flowed out. Do u guys really think he sits there all day every day thinking about what happened in 93'.. and is miserable

And honestly, he has always been kinda shitted on by his friends and family.  Never got any credit for all the work he did on doggystyle, including the main melody for "aint no fun" and to me, the ultimate slap in the face was when they finally did a 213 album, they didn't let him do 1 beat on it!!!  WHAT??  that was prob gonna be his dream finally coming true, to work with his 2 best friends and they didn't let him do what he shinned at.  We all know rapping isn't his forte.  And that was also a slap in the face of all the fans who had been waiting for that 213 album for years.  Don't get me wrong, even though I was dissapointed at first listen, it did grow on me, and I consider it a pretty dope album, it was nowhere near as good as it should have been.  It should have been Warren on the beats, Nate on the hooks, and Snoop rapping. 

Ok, I'm just rambling now, but all I'm saying is.. Cut the guy a lil slack.  Maybe he made a mistake, way back in the day.. Whatever, this is just one interview.  It's easy for us to sit here and analyze his words, when people get in different moods on different days.. he jus answered the questions as honest as he could at the moment he was asked.  I appreciate honest answers as opposed to the same interviews with the same artists getting asked the same questions giving the same answers over and over.

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

Dippafly

• 'G'
g-dubb spits the truth!!
SLEPT ON CLASSICS

• Muthafuckin' Don!
then he shouldnt have done the 213 album
they wont let him put his beats on it...then dont do the album but dont do the album but then complain that it didnt turn out the way you wanted it to turn out
how you gon be mad that your beats arent on the album but still finish the album and put it out but then be mad about it in another department? lol

this was a good interview.. I kinda feel bad for him.  U can tell it bothers him a lil.  

And to everybody saying he should stop complaining and get over it, give the man a little slack.
This guy's been getting asked these questions for the last 12 years, and he's always kept quiet and never said anything.  He just talked about his new projects, and leaving the past behind him.. This is the one time, or at least the first I've ever heard a response like this.  
Everybody has a couple of moments, when they think back on times in their life and get a lil emo.. I'm guessing, Warren had a some alcohol in his system, and the reporter just asked him a question, that brought back some memories.. and his response just flowed out. Do u guys really think he sits there all day every day thinking about what happened in 93'.. and is miserable

And honestly, he has always been kinda shitted on by his friends and family.  Never got any credit for all the work he did on doggystyle, including the main melody for "aint no fun" and to me, the ultimate slap in the face was when they finally did a 213 album, they didn't let him do 1 beat on it!!!  WHAT??  that was prob gonna be his dream finally coming true, to work with his 2 best friends and they didn't let him do what he shinned at.  We all know rapping isn't his forte.  And that was also a slap in the face of all the fans who had been waiting for that 213 album for years.  Don't get me wrong, even though I was dissapointed at first listen, it did grow on me, and I consider it a pretty dope album, it was nowhere near as good as it should have been.  It should have been Warren on the beats, Nate on the hooks, and Snoop rapping.  

Ok, I'm just rambling now, but all I'm saying is.. Cut the guy a lil slack.  Maybe he made a mistake, way back in the day.. Whatever, this is just one interview.  It's easy for us to sit here and analyze his words, when people get in different moods on different days.. he jus answered the questions as honest as he could at the moment he was asked.  I appreciate honest answers as opposed to the same interviews with the same artists getting asked the same questions giving the same answers over and over.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:32:01 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
yeah ok.. That was his best shot at being relevant in the music scene again.  U think he's gonna pass that up?

they made a descision to use other people's beats for financial reasons.  I'm sure he was upset, but he had to roll with it.
Its not like they could have put out a snoop and nate dogg album and call it a 213 album.. no, that would have to be called a snoop dogg and nate dogg album.

No rapper in thier right mind would pass up a paycheck like that, especially if he hasn't been heard from by the majority of the non-westcoast world in years.
If it has snoop dogg's name on it, and a video playing on mtv or bet.. chances are, ur gonna want to get ur name, face and voice out there

lets just say, he did say, "fuck it.. I don't want to be a part of this"  then, people would of thought he was a lil bitch for not getting his way.  Lets face it, a 213 album is supposed to be a collective effort from 3 people.. but your fooling yourself if you think anybody but Snoop dogg made most if not all the executive descisons. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:59:06 PM by nuk23 »

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
Damn, Warren speaking from the heart...

I remember that shit with the 213 album too, real cold. It would be nice if Dre got word of this video.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:38:44 AM by G-Bee »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Warren already spoke on this several times before.
edit: although this is the first time for me that he says that he felt left behind by Dr.Dre :-\

still, he made a good decision when he went with Def Jam

After watching this I started to wonder why dre doesn't collaborate with warren g. I don't even think he came out on chronic 2001, maybe dre and snoop thin warren is wack?

Warren seems legitimately hurt about being excluded.
well Dre & Snoop like to make hits.
perhaps they think Warren G can't produce hit records ( any more)?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:16:16 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
Dre and Snoop never respected him as he deserved... why Dre told him "do yo thang" while he took 213's Snoop and Nate with him? And why Snoop didn't let him produce nothing on "The Hard Way"? Fuck 'em!

I respect Warren for what he did on his own, believe it or not but on 1997 he was bigger than Dre, Snoop and any rap artist here in Italy... he even came here to our biggest show (like the SuperBowl in America) where rappers were not "allowed", except Eminem years later.

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
yeah, Warren has been asked about this several times before.  But this is the first time he kinda gave an emotional answer, he spoke how he feels.  maybe it was just an emo moment, but at least its real feelings and not politically correct answers.

And don't get me wrong, I think it was a good move for him to go by himself to Def Jam.  He blew up kinda by himself.  I mean, he was there with all of them, working on the Chronic and Doggystyle.  But when it was time for his own solo project, he was pretty much on his own.  And honestly, I think it was more of Suge's choice than anybody else.. It was Suge that wanted DeathRow to be more of an exclusive Record Company, where it was self effecient.  Kinda like Motown, where it was just a team of producers, and artists working only for the Company.  He didn't really let any DR inmate go be featured on non-deathrow albums back then. 

Warren G's 1st album was a classic.. and it blew up big time, what was it like 3x platinum?  Imagine if it had a 94' era Snoop Doggy Dogg in his prime featured on say like 2 or 3 tracks!  Those smooth G Child tracks were basically taylor made for Snoopy back then.  Or even dre helping out behind the boards.