Author Topic: Warren G talks about not working close with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre & Death Row  (Read 4330 times)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
crazy shit for real... snoop has done warren fucked up

fabtoxicp

suge knight never liked warren, cus he was talkin shit in Vibe magazine - which resulted in him gettin pulled from some deathrow-trax (like "let's play house") adn gettin x'd from future projects on Tha Row
 so warren kinda fucked himself up like dat..

2pac saved his career though - not too many know that

i do agree dat warren was gettin treated bad by some of his peers though - but still it's a musicindustry - and only the strong survive

also, Warren G was the only nigga out the whole DPGC-bunch dat sold any records in Europe in the 90's. Dre and Snoop could only dream about the sucess Warren had wit his Def Jam-shit outside of US.. dat's why Dre said in an interview for "The show" documentary - dat if he knew he was gonna blow up the way he did, he probly would've fuckd wit him more in the first place
warren was a popstar in Europe in the 90's. yall member "prince igor" n the shit he did wit Peter andré?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:06:31 AM by fabtoxicp »

V2DHeart

for real stop complainin bout somethin that you chose to do years ago, do whats good for right now cuz you cant go back into time
aite you werent involved more on any of dre's projects...so what?
you can make dope muzik wit out him...so do it but dont make that wack shit you made wit ray j and that other shit
DAMN RETURN OF THE REGULATOR IS CLASSIC
GAME DONT WAIT...damn g dubb for real tho

That I'd have to disagree with. Besides 3-4 "good" songs the album doesn't retain my interest all that much. It had the potential to be far better than what came out. It even had Dr Dre on there for the 2 that never work together. I wasn't expecting Regulate, but Take a Look over your shoulder, and I want It All are all superior
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

LONDON!!

good interview, thats some sad shit, big up warren g and much success to him
"get this money by any means nessassary"

Mista Rosa

Warren G the realest in the game......
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.devidev.com/2010/01/the-regulator/
take a look over your shoulder is a classic 2me..yall sleeping on dat lp....and snoop should have had aleast 2or 3 G tracks on 213.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
og warren g been platinum been gold even after death row era he still went platinum with his 3rd album

kuruptDPG

props, man warren g still seems down from that even though it happened a long time ago
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:40:11 AM by kuruptDPG »

Okka

Warren G, RBX and Nate Dogg got treated like shit while everybody was on Death Row, that's fucked up since they were all a big family.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen

That I'd have to disagree with. Besides 3-4 "good" songs the album doesn't retain my interest all that much. It had the potential to be far better than what came out. It even had Dr Dre on there for the 2 that never work together. I wasn't expecting Regulate, but Take a Look over your shoulder, and I want It All are all superior

Phew, gotta respond to this one, 'cos Return of the Regulator is definitly my favorite Warren album! Never gets old! My favorite cuts:

- Lookin' at you
- Here comes another hit
- Somethin' to bounce to
- This Gangsta shit is too much
- Young loc's slow down
- Yo' Sassy ways
- It ain't nothing' wrong with you
- They Lovin' me now
- Streets of the LBC

To have this many tracks that I don't skip on a cd is pretty rare for me.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
for real i dont like that many songs on the album so it was classic for that time but not a classic all the way thru album...lol
but years later im still listenin to it and those sames traxx i was feelin them im feelin now
bangin album
bangin production
bangin lyrics
bangin features...for the most part
but it was updated version of warren g

but damn look at the muzik hes been puttin out lately....compared to then damn it makes his biggest hit regulate look bad....real bad but he did it not us cuz look when he releases a dope album we cop
i bought 3 of that return of the regulator and possibly more

Phew, gotta respond to this one, 'cos Return of the Regulator is definitly my favorite Warren album! Never gets old! My favorite cuts:

- Lookin' at you
- Here comes another hit
- Somethin' to bounce to
- This Gangsta shit is too much
- Young loc's slow down
- Yo' Sassy ways
- It ain't nothing' wrong with you
- They Lovin' me now
- Streets of the LBC

To have this many tracks that I don't skip on a cd is pretty rare for me.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Okka

for real i dont like that many songs on the album so it was classic for that time but not a classic all the way thru album...lol

I like most of the tracks of "Return Of The Regulator", i usually don't skip tracks just let it play all the way through.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
theres a few traxx that arent good IMO
but im not a fan of slow traxx but even the wc song is cool
but speed dreamin is fiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
the hook damn they killed that
but the album is bangin and like i said years later....its still bangin so it has classic material jus not all the way thru
my favorite warren g album
but he hasnt made this type of muzik since so he cant be complainin too much...lol

I like most of the tracks of "Return Of The Regulator", i usually don't skip tracks just let it play all the way through.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Portugoal

the ultimate slap in the face was when they finally did a 213 album, they didn't let him do 1 beat on it!!!  WHAT??  that was prob gonna be his dream finally coming true, to work with his 2 best friends and they didn't let him do what he shinned at.  We all know rapping isn't his forte.  And that was also a slap in the face of all the fans who had been waiting for that 213 album for years.

Don't forget that the promised remix album with all Warren G productions never came out either. It was a good album, but it was messed up for both Warren G and all the fans that he didn't produce one song. The 213 album came out 10 years too late, but that was no excuse.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
yeah, Warren has been asked about this several times before.  But this is the first time he kinda gave an emotional answer, he spoke how he feels.  maybe it was just an emo moment, but at least its real feelings and not politically correct answers.

And don't get me wrong, I think it was a good move for him to go by himself to Def Jam.  He blew up kinda by himself.  I mean, he was there with all of them, working on the Chronic and Doggystyle.  But when it was time for his own solo project, he was pretty much on his own.  And honestly, I think it was more of Suge's choice than anybody else.. It was Suge that wanted DeathRow to be more of an exclusive Record Company, where it was self effecient.  Kinda like Motown, where it was just a team of producers, and artists working only for the Company.  He didn't really let any DR inmate go be featured on non-deathrow albums back then.  

Warren G's 1st album was a classic.. and it blew up big time, what was it like 3x platinum?  Imagine if it had a 94' era Snoop Doggy Dogg in his prime featured on say like 2 or 3 tracks!  Those smooth G Child tracks were basically taylor made for Snoopy back then.  Or even dre helping out behind the boards.  

that probably would have boosted the sales!
i told you Suge Knight made some stupid decisions
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:51:23 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »