Author Topic: Warren G talks about not working close with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre & Death Row  (Read 4334 times)

Okka

Yeah, Warren didn't produce anythin' on the 213 album and it's really messed up that he didn't, i think it was Snoop's decision but anyway it was and still is a good album though. I think maybe Warren G always got shitted on cause he's "too humble" like he don't say nothin' against you if you do some shady shit to him, who knows? If he wouldn't have gone to Def Jam we would have missed a lot of classic shit. If he stayed on Death Row he prolly wouldn't even never put out an album. Did Dre and Suge ever even thought about lettin' him release an album on Death Row? Wasn't Rage's album supposed to be droppin' after "Doggystyle", and then Dogg Pound's album and RBX's?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Yeah, Warren didn't produce anythin' on the 213 album and it's really messed up that he didn't, i think it was Snoop's decision but anyway it was and still is a good album though. I think maybe Warren G always got shitted on cause he's "too humble" like he don't say nothin' against you if you do some shady shit to him, who knows? If he wouldn't have gone to Def Jam we would have missed a lot of classic shit. If he stayed on Death Row he prolly wouldn't even never put out an album. Did Dre and Suge ever even thought about lettin' him release an album on Death Row? Wasn't Rage's album supposed to be droppin' after "Doggystyle", and then Dogg Pound's album and RBX's?
yeah i have that impression as well, he seems to be a peaceful dude.

he should just go back to the basics, cause the G-files is mostly bullshit

Okka

he should just go back to the basics, cause the G-files is mostly bullshit[/color]

Yeah, for real. I wouldn't mind another "Return Of The Regulator". West Coast beats with an "updated" sound.

Dane

• 'G'
Man, Warren G is keeping it 100.

Sad to see his latest music hasn't done too good, he is a good artist, always humble and not gossiping and beefing like the rest of them.
It's loyalty man, I know Snoop did rep him back then, but Dre acted like he was ashamed of him of something.
And well Suge slapped him.
Warrens first album sold over 4 mill, and he didn't have Suge Knight to take all his money, so I'd say he definently had his dough alright.

I don't understand why know one is fucking with his beats, he is a dope producer.

And like that guy said, he was huge in Europe in the mid 90's, that Prince Igor, was a mayor hit, on the level with Regulator's.

So i'd say you've done more than alright man, without Dre and Snoop, and should be proud of it.

Will_B

Woa I got choked up watching Tha G Child like dat.

In the UK Regulate is one of those rare crossover tracks that everyone loves, like Gangsters Paradise & Hotstepper.

Still gets banged out at clubs/parties like every single weekend.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
listen to the shit he's been dropping recently, SHIT IS FUCKING WACK AS HELL

his production sucks now and he stop rapping his smooth flow

he suck now, harsh reality
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Mista Rosa

Nate dogg, althought he was heavy featured on death row albums didn't have his chance to put his solo record out on death row and had to leave after a long feud. The record was out in 98 and been slept on cause g funk wasn't the trend anymore..
So there's no way Warren G could have put a record on death row. Def Jam was the best thing that hapened to him and leaving without beefing with snoop and the rest of the camp was a smart move...
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

Yeah, i know. Nate Dogg even had to sue Death Row if i remember right.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

he makes the same music as your boyfriend

fabtoxicp

rofl

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
to be real.. warren's new music is wack! i mean he knows that g-file isnt his sound but for the money he sold his soul to the mainstream shit.

btw where do you guys know that warren wasn't allowed to produce some tracks??? can someone get a quote from him talking about this??? because i read somewhere (i think it was posted here on dubcc) taht warren want to much money for his productions like daz on cali iz active  ;D ;D

come on warren: dont shit on your fans by searching the internet for some bootlegers and spend your time in production for a new G-Funk Era!! You got it!

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Mista Rosa

Yeah, i know. Nate Dogg even had to sue Death Row if i remember right.

Yeah he sued death row first to have the rights for the songs he recorded, then around 2005 or 2006 he sued suge knight for 10 millions$, representing the royalties in never got for the death row featurings... if i'm right i didn't get shit because he didn't sign a contract with death row on the early dayz..
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

V2DHeart

DAMN RETURN OF THE REGULATOR IS CLASSIC

That I'd have to disagree with. Besides 3-4 "good" songs the album doesn't retain my interest all that much. It had the potential to be far better than what came out. It even had Dr Dre on there for the 2 that never work together. I wasn't expecting Regulate, but Take a Look over your shoulder, and I want It All are all superior

Phew, gotta respond to this one, 'cos Return of the Regulator is definitly my favorite Warren album! Never gets old! My favorite cuts:

- Lookin' at you
- Here comes another hit
- Somethin' to bounce to
- This Gangsta shit is too much
- Young loc's slow down
- Yo' Sassy ways
- It ain't nothing' wrong with you
- They Lovin' me now
- Streets of the LBC

To have this many tracks that I don't skip on a cd is pretty rare for me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of the tracks you listed, and overall this is a decent album, just not classic IMO, but I can see how others would enjoy it on that level and rate it as a solid album, and wouldn't knock anyone's opinion of thinking that on any debate-level

Quote from: Long Beach Iz Active

::) You can say that about Warrens current material, but praise Snoops? & you wonder why people point and laugh at you, and why they will never take your opinion serious!!!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite

DAMN RETURN OF THE REGULATOR IS CLASSIC

That I'd have to disagree with. Besides 3-4 "good" songs the album doesn't retain my interest all that much. It had the potential to be far better than what came out. It even had Dr Dre on there for the 2 that never work together. I wasn't expecting Regulate, but Take a Look over your shoulder, and I want It All are all superior

Phew, gotta respond to this one, 'cos Return of the Regulator is definitly my favorite Warren album! Never gets old! My favorite cuts:

- Lookin' at you
- Here comes another hit
- Somethin' to bounce to
- This Gangsta shit is too much
- Young loc's slow down
- Yo' Sassy ways
- It ain't nothing' wrong with you
- They Lovin' me now
- Streets of the LBC

To have this many tracks that I don't skip on a cd is pretty rare for me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of the tracks you listed, and overall this is a decent album, just not classic IMO, but I can see how others would enjoy it on that level and rate it as a solid album, and wouldn't knock anyone's opinion of thinking that on any debate-level

Quote from: Long Beach Iz Active

::) You can say that about Warrens current material, but praise Snoops? & you wonder why people point and laugh at you, and why they will never take your opinion serious!!!

Snoop still putting out classic joints like 2 min Warning and Secrets, Warren G is weak.  I pity him
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Lunatic

^ lol

Warren G new album was on the same level as Snoop Dogg
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com