Author Topic: Warren G talks about not working close with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre & Death Row  (Read 4323 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: Warren G Interview part 2 How Nate Dog is doing, Next 213 album....
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
I hope hes right about Detox.. and Im not ganna front like most of yall and be all like ''fuck detox, its been too long'' etc..

I REALLY wanna listen to that album and all the leftovers THIS YEAR!!!

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Warren G Interview part 2 How Nate Dog is doing, Next 213 album....
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2010, 02:33:49 PM »
I hope hes right about Detox.. and Im not ganna front like most of yall and be all like ''fuck detox, its been too long'' etc..

I REALLY wanna listen to that album and all the leftovers THIS YEAR!!!

lol word. . he  said now that he's finally in the studio with Snopp that's when they know Dre's serious about releasing it... So maybe this year... But i doubt Aftermath is gonna release 2 albums in one year !  :laugh: . Plus dre has been involved with the production of R.E.D  so.. i dont think so but i hope so. if it would drop around the end of november or December that would be crazy for sales too ! not that i care about the numbers, good music is good music.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
one of the dopest but yet deepest pieces of muzik ever put together IMO
str8 up dre cryin on that song and a good way to end the album
but yeah if he didnt write it thats sad but i guess maybe dre cant write...lol
seems like he dont write nuthin of his own muzik....haha

yeah and IMO noone knows what happened on the inside but it sounds and looks like dre was closer to his brother who died and for which he dedicated a song to
that song is not jus a song, thats dre cryin on that record IMO
mad dope song and one of dre's best

It was kinda fucked up though that he didn't even write the lyrics for the track.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Okka

Well he doesn't. Dre tells the writers what he wants to talk about then they write somethin and Dre tells them if it's good or not. I think he wrote some of his rhymes in the NWA days though and i think he wrote some of the lines of "Deep Cover" himself, i can't remember where i read that from though.

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
MC Ren said that Dre wrote some his own rhymes on the NWA albums, and it was easy to tell which rhymes Dre wrote and which rhymes he didnt

fabtoxicp

Dre doesn't write rhymes, he writes checks... just like Diddy. dat's good enuff. fuck a rhyme  8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
but dre is one of the few rappers that can read from someone eles writin his lyrics and it sound dope as it does
I wasnt feelin his flow on relapse

but what other rapper you know fab that doesnt write his/her own lyrics but sounds as dope as dre on the mic?

Dre doesn't write rhymes, he writes checks... just like Diddy. dat's good enuff. fuck a rhyme  8)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

fabtoxicp

but dre is one of the few rappers that can read from someone eles writin his lyrics and it sound dope as it does

but what other rapper you know fab that doesnt write his/her own lyrics but sounds as dope as dre on the mic?

dre's got a naturaltalent for havin a captivating presence on the mic - his voice, his flow. he's a dope producer dat can be really good on the mic (only wit other ppl shit, tho) - notice, im not callin him a "rapper", cuz dat's not what he is - he's a prodcer dat "raps", totally diffent (we've been through this b4)..

i would say this, if André would'nt been dyslectic (which he obvisouly is, cus the nigga cant hold a pencil for shit), he probly would've been a really great MC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
bottomline is on the mic when he raps or the outcome of him rappin and his performance as a producer who raps, however you want to call it hes dope on the mic
and id take him not writin his own lyrics on the mic>>>>>>snoop, t.i, wayne, jay-z, e-40, b-real and many more
simply cuz hes dope on the mic and his presence is creative and energetic
perfect example would be the dedication song to his brother and im not a fan slow songs like that but it shows dre's dopeness on the mic
so onto somethin thats more on the club level would be still dre....his energy on that song is mad dope
and another great thing about dre and why i can respect him on the mic even tho he doesnt write alot of his lyrics is cuz hes relaxed when he raps

Dre doesn't write rhymes, he writes checks... just like Diddy. dat's good enuff. fuck a rhyme  8)

dre's got a naturaltalent for havin a captivating presence on the mic - his voice, his flow. he's a dope producer dat can be really good on the mic (only wit other ppl shit, tho) - notice, im not callin him a "rapper", cuz dat's not what he is - he's a prodcer dat "raps", totally diffent (we've been through this b4)..

i would say this, if André would'nt been dyslectic (which he obvisouly is, cus the nigga cant hold a pencil for shit), he probly would've been a really great MC

Cube

fabtoxicp

if u wanna call dre a "rapper" even if he isn't, dat's ur opinion. all good.. i respect dat

i think Dre "performs" great on the mic, for bein a producer dat raps over "skeleton"-verses (without even havin any input on the pengame itself). like i said, if Dre wouldn't been dyslectic - he probly would've been one of the greatest ever. But he isn't. He's one of the greatest producers tho  ;)

and u can't say dat u'd rather listen to Dre rhyme than Jay-z now, c'mon..  ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:32:42 PM by fabtoxicp »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah to me hes a dope producer that raps, i never thought of it like that but now that i think bout it thats the actual break down
but yeah hes somethin else on the mic whether he writes the lyrics or not
but yeah id take dre on the mic over jay-z
jay-z is a borin rapper IMO even wit the best production he still cant hold nuthin against dre at his very best
jay-z style is wack and he tries too hard
but for dre its like its natural for him
some think dres secret weapon is on the production side.....nah its on the rappin side IMO
he can rip the mic if he wants to, shame he hasnt

if u wanna call dre a "rapper" even if he isn't, dat's ur opinion. all good.. i respect dat

i think Dre "performs" great on the mic, for bein a producer dat raps over "skeleton"-verses (without even havin any input on the pengame itself). like i said, if Dre wouldn't been dyslectic - he probly would've been one of the greatest ever. But he isn't. He's one of the greatest producers tho  ;)

Cube

fabtoxicp

The beat of "Lookin At You" was actually for a Sticky Fingaz track at first but when he didn't sign with Aftermath, Dr.Dre gave the beat to Warren G.

dat is very tru - supposedly Dre catched Warren off-guard all surpisingly-like. the nigga never did shit for him, n all of a sudden he showed up wit a beat for him like "here u go, bro".  :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!

dre:you want to sign wit this dynasty?
sticky:N*gga is you crazy, i dont sign wit people, i sign them

but nah wait so sticky was offered a deal wit aftermath?
Cube

fabtoxicp

yeah to me hes a dope producer that raps, i never thought of it like that but now that i think bout it thats the actual break down
but yeah hes somethin else on the mic whether he writes the lyrics or not
but yeah id take dre on the mic over jay-z
jay-z is a borin rapper IMO even wit the best production he still cant hold nuthin against dre at his very best
jay-z style is wack and he tries too hard
but for dre its like its natural for him
some think dres secret weapon is on the production side.....nah its on the rappin side IMO
he can rip the mic if he wants to, shame he hasnt

ah man, i reckon u aren't dat familiar wit jigga's catalog - otherwise u wouldn't b sayn the things u r sayin. all good tho, check this shit out my nigga

everybody's entitled to their opinions, but
Jay-Z is absolutely, truly one of the goats, without "Reasonable Doubt" - and i feel like everybody dat listens to hiphop, should try to like him (if not, than at least try to check out his best work)

this is some of the best hiphop-music ever - musicaly and perfomance-wise on the mic.

anno 1994 (notice - bein dat Shawn Carter used to b a student of immortals like Jaz-O and Big Daddy Kane, i dont feel like i need to go all preachy on him. 'Nuff said)

Jay-Z - I Can't Get Wit That

Big Daddy Kane feat. Ol Dirty Bastard, Shyheim, Jay-Z etc. - Show & Prove

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 05:10:52 PM by fabtoxicp »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nah i havent listened to every single jay-z song but ive given a wide variety of his muzik a chance and it isnt as dope as dre's
its not as interestin as dre is on the mic
when dre raps, its like hes bringin you into the movie but when jay-z raps its like he has to try way too hard and is doin too much and puttin in alot of effort to make a song or a make album and its not on the same level as dre
from the two examples you provided dre has done better IMO
im not sayin he is or isnt one of the goat altho that is overhypin him IMO especially if others arent considered better than him
who do you think is better than jay-z?
(and your answer to that question will lead to my next unless your examples are somethin i wasnt expectin...lol)
Cube