Author Topic: Warren G talks about not working close with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre & Death Row  (Read 4339 times)

Si-Chiggedy

bottomline is on the mic when he raps or the outcome of him rappin and his performance as a producer who raps, however you want to call it hes dope on the mic
and id take him not writin his own lyrics on the mic>>>>>>snoop, t.i, wayne, jay-z, e-40, b-real and many more
simply cuz hes dope on the mic and his presence is creative and energetic
perfect example would be the dedication song to his brother and im not a fan slow songs like that but it shows dre's dopeness on the mic
so onto somethin thats more on the club level would be still dre....his energy on that song is mad dope
and another great thing about dre and why i can respect him on the mic even tho he doesnt write alot of his lyrics is cuz hes relaxed when he raps

Sorry for interfering, I know it's mostly about personal opinions, but in this case I have to say that you can't put Dre > either E-40 or Snoop Dogg and reason it with presence. E-40 and Snoop both proved over many years that they can rock shows. Both have a very characteristic style and flow, maybe Snoop lost it a bit but in general you won't find any rapper sounding similar to Snoop in sense of voice or delivery (I also imply ad-libs etc.). E-40 is even more stylistic. He changed his way of rapping as well but he still a stand-out, absolutely not comparable, he is able to deliver everything and I swear he is the better live act.

The reason why Dre sounds good on the mic (for the most part on 2001 where he has some of his best raps imo) is that he spends a lot more time in the studio to record them. Even Snoop said so, dude's a perfectionist. He expects some kind of professionalism from rappers working with him but he is even more serious about it when it comes to himself. I guess the procedure is something like this: he gets some lyrics by a rapper/ghostwriter and learns them by hard and develops a flow and delivery to it. He tries so hard until it fits his ambition. There's a difference to the "regular" process where people just write their shit down and just spit a few times and add some background ish to finish it. And that's why many albums sound rushed these days, because rappers don't pay enough attention to it, they try to just show off over some beat and get their Benjamins straight.

Dre may have a very, very good flow and delivery on some songs (e.g. Nuthin But A G Thang, Forgot About Dre) but I wouldn't ever put him above the like of a 40 Water. Fonzarelli is way more diverse and he got so much pressure on the mic. Look, this particular point has nothing to do with opinions, it's just a fact that 40 is able to spit some serious shit in very different ways and with a very personal influence. You don't have to like it, but you have recognize this. Me for example, I don't like Eminem, I cant stand his voice, but I recognize him as a good MC.

I don't know... but I think you overate Dre as a rapper a lil bit. That's no offense though, don't get me wrong.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Nate Dogg In Therapy: 'He can lift his head'
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2010, 05:49:59 PM »
i hope nate is doin ok

THIS IS FOR THE CROOK THATS IN ME BABY

I RAISE MY GANGSTA HAND, NIGGAS THINK THAT I'M CRAZY
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Si-Chiggedy
good lookin on comin thru wit the debate and you made some interestin points
so where do you rate jay-z today tho?
and id take e-40 on his grit and grind style>>>>>jay-z
that album is more interestin to me than jay-z muzik
but dre does have a dope flow and delivery
and i dont overate dre as producer that raps, he is dope and anytime he drops somethin new its mad dope when hes on his mad dope low which wasnt the case wit the relapse song
e-40 on his grit and grind flow>>>>eminem's muzik
this is jus what i would rather listen to
but jay-z and eminem are extremely overrated IMO
what about big daddy kane, rakim, krs one, rza, gza these rappers are mad dope and better than jay-z life IMO at their absolute best which most of the time they are
so i do recognize e-40 as a dope rapper but i jus prefer him on certain production
but jay-z is wack IMO and his muzik is good with good production unlike say dr. dre, e-40, snoop and others
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:04:06 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »
He'll make it through even stronger
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2010, 06:05:17 PM »
it aint a hit til nate dogg spit
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Warren G Interview part 2 How Nate Dog is doing, Next 213 album....
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2010, 06:09:45 PM »
cool

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: Warren G Interview part 2 How Nate Dog is doing, Next 213 album....
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2010, 08:21:36 PM »
sad to hear about Nate

this also means Detox won't have Nate on it
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Why Warren making himself look like a sad puppy?
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
this washed nigga is a legend but these interviews I've been watching is painful to watch

Interviewer: What's up with you and snoop and dre?
Warren: *sniff sniff* I'm down for it, my line is always open, *sniff sniff*, it's up to them

come on nigga, have some pride and do ya own thing

ThaChamp

Re: Why Warren making himself look like a sad puppy?
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2010, 08:26:11 PM »
he needs snoop and dre his last album was garbage

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2010, 08:27:41 PM »
dre maybe, but snoop needs more than g-dubb...lol
Cube

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2010, 08:42:14 PM »
he needs snoop and dre his last album was garbage

To be fair, Snoop's last 3 albums have been pretty much garbage, and Dre hasn't produced a quality track (or a successful track) in years. Everyone from the West is washed up. Cube, Game, Dre, Snoop, DPG, Quik, Warren G, and on and on. No one is putting out quality material anymore. We are lucky if even 25% of the tracks are listenable. So don't bullshit like this guy needs this guy. None of them are doing it big anymore. BUT at least the music all around would be better if they all worked together again. I would rather have a Snoop/Warren G record then both of their solo's.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2010, 08:50:52 PM »
why can't you idiots make a reply without mentioning Snoop?  I only mentioned him because he came up many times in the interview

let me ask you fools something, when someone ask you why your life sucks, do you respond by saying "Malice N Wonderland is wack" ?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2010, 08:58:26 PM »
why can't you idiots make a reply without mentioning Snoop?  I only mentioned him because he came up many times in the interview

let me ask you fools something, when someone ask you why your life sucks, do you respond by saying "Malice N Wonderland is wack" ?

No, I respond with that when someone asks me what I think of that album.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2010, 09:05:02 PM »
mike you a fool...lol

No, I respond with that when someone asks me what I think of that album.
Cube