Author Topic: Warren G talks about not working close with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre & Death Row  (Read 4328 times)

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Warren G Interview part 2 How Nate Dog is doing, Next 213 album....
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2010, 03:38:08 AM »
yeh but theres gotta be a reason why he aint fucked with him something just dont add up maybe warren fuck up back in the day with dre who knows now as far as nate thats really sad that we will never ever a new song from him shade shiest said hes got enough songs do 2 a album hope we get to see that some day
hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2010, 07:12:01 AM »
I've known about Nate..also didn't say anything outta respect..definitely the same as others who know him..must respect the family's privacy..

as someone said, mentioning that he can move his head as a good thing, don't ever expect anymore Nate music (or even him leading a completely normal life).

I can't imagine nate not singing again!

music and me
got together perfect harmony
soft and mellow
or so hard it'll make your speakers explode
stay with me
and together we will live out this dream
my music and me.....

DAMN!!!!!!!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2010, 07:56:56 AM »
he talks about how he was pretty bitter at the whole dpg for not visiting or calling him in the hospital. but in the video he was walking around looking healthy and everything

Most of the DPG seems to be like that, like they dont' give a fuck about their friends. Has any other DPG member than Warren G and Butch Cassidy even talked about Nate Dogg's situation? Roscoe had a bad car accident some years ago, i don't think anybody spoke on that. I'm sure if Snoop had some problem like that everybody would be talkin' about him and sayin' please pray for him. It seems like the rest of the DPG always treated Nate Dogg like shit.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2010, 10:34:55 AM »
maybe...just maybe...dre thinks warren fuckin sucks and cant bring shit to the table, besides production WHICH dre will handle himself? i know that if it wasnt for his beats, warren would get no play in my ride..

Si-Chiggedy

well, first of all, I would say that it does not depend on the time when music has been released, I'm talking about particular skills and abilities in general. So let me put it in these words:
When you look on some dope rapper's career, you will always find dope song and dope verses, as well as boring either or wack shit. The thing with the doctor is, that he just released two solo's plus the NWA records. The rest is more or less features and here you will find Dre's weaker appearences - which he has. For example his verse on Snoop's "Imagine" - there's nothing special to say about it, to me it's kinda boring. Mostly because of this bored rapping by Dre and not because of the lyrics. The point is, as I said, that Dre spends a lot more time practising before finally letting it press on CD, plus Dre's a great musician which you can even hear in his vocals and how he performs them (including ad-libs etc.). You find a lot less weaker appereances compared to other rappers because of two facts: The perfectionist in him, that makes him work as long as it's good enough for him and the less amount of perfomances. It is just natural that rappers who release songs like shit will have a LOT more wack stuff even if they are considered to be dope MC's.

Now to your question:
I don't like Jay-Z really much and I do not consider him as one of the best to ever touch the mic. I just don't see too many outstanding skills in his rapping compared to other MC's besides his ability to create a certain vibe. If you ask me, Nas is the better rapper of these two which he proved on "Illmatic" and on countless other tracks. So yeah, I also think Jay-Z is overated but I wouldn't consider him wack. Rakim is one of the greatest for real. The Wu-Tang members in general all got skills but I may add Redman to the list and put him on a high spot in this "ranking" for his very characteristic flow and delivery. I think a good rapper has to have some "signature features" which differ from other rappers. There are so many MC's out there biting styles and sounding the same and some of them still may be good performers. But it's not outstanding to me. So when you ask me about rappers which stand out of the long list of other spitters I would name you these:
E-40 (for the reasons I already mentioned)
Suga Free (for being highly musical and having so many different methods to make folks like me laugh their ass off and his great irony)
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien (For his lyrical genius and funny way of performing (sometimes) and his diversity)
Eminem (Well, I don't like him, but he is a great MC for sure)
Paris (for his very very true lyrics and for being on point on nearly every track and his abilty to deliver sharp and clear)
Kurupt (He's a beast imo, may have a lost something in all these years but still able to just bein a beast)
WC (If he wasn't a stand out rapper then I dunno... a great deliverer back then)
Snoop Dogg (until 2002 THE rapper with best known style and his ad-libs and background vocals used to be the shit, ever since he has some cool verses and perfomances here and there, but his voice lost something, I dunno)

I named these for mostly characteristic reasons. All these rappers can create emotions (at least to me) and have the skills to make a dope beat even more dope. Sure there are other rappers having very personal styles e.g. MC Eiht (who is one of my fav artists ever) but I think he lives of his "gyeah" and "compton" shit and his straight gangsta lyrics and of course his mad dope laid-back flow. But he is not the best lyricst. So there a a few other rappers you could add to my list above - of course - but I wouldn't add Dre to that list. He is a great producer who can bring it on the mic as well but he is not a standout to me.

Too bad that three of the best MC's to ever touch the mic are already dead, you can guess to whom I refer...
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thats waz up
again good lookin for the debate and your input and not sayin this duke dont know this cuz he thinks jay is wack or isnt the best etc...
we all got our own tastes but its good to know you agree jay is overrated
hes creative but hes overrated
the 3 best ever to touch a mic is a tough one but everyones got their own input on that 1 and i can already tell many will differ wit that answer...lol
its all good as long as the wackest arent in there wayne, rick ross, jeezy these rappers that are here today but gon next year (like krs one said)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2010, 04:06:30 PM »
maybe...just maybe...dre thinks warren fuckin sucks and cant bring shit to the table, besides production WHICH dre will handle himself? i know that if it wasnt for his beats, warren would get no play in my ride..

Is it Hard to see that Dr.Dre doesnt have the last word?

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Why Warren making himself look like a sad puppy?
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2010, 10:41:23 AM »
et me ask you fools something, when someone ask you why your life sucks, do you respond by saying "Malice N Wonderland is wack" ?

Damn, fo'sho' my nephew!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:10 AM »
lol

et me ask you fools something, when someone ask you why your life sucks, do you respond by saying "Malice N Wonderland is wack" ?

Damn, fo'sho' my nephew!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

The Predator

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »
According to Warren G., Nate Dogg was relearning to use basic human functions and that he “can lift his head up.

Damn.

Muhfukka

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2010, 05:08:38 PM »
by "basic human functions" they mean take a shit without a bag. fucked up situation

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2010, 09:00:51 PM »
what don't you niggas get, NATE DOGG IS DONE WITH MUSIC

he just needs to get his life better, that's the most important thing
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Mista Rosa

« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2010, 03:35:34 AM »
what don't you niggas get, NATE DOGG IS DONE WITH MUSIC

he just needs to get his life better, that's the most important thing

Time will reveal, but if he really wants to sing again, he can make it. Like those people paralysed walking again. it's a motivation thing.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2010, 05:12:52 AM »
he needs snoop and dre his last album was garbage

To be fair, Snoop's last 3 albums have been pretty much garbage, and Dre hasn't produced a quality track (or a successful track) in years. Everyone from the West is washed up. Cube, Game, Dre, Snoop, DPG, Quik, Warren G, and on and on. No one is putting out quality material anymore. We are lucky if even 25% of the tracks are listenable. So don't bullshit like this guy needs this guy. None of them are doing it big anymore. BUT at least the music all around would be better if they all worked together again. I would rather have a Snoop/Warren G record then both of their solo's.

false, but you never got over Death Row, emotionally

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c80dWbiONqM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c80dWbiONqM</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
exactly see he was once big even overseas so why dont he  bring it back to that not that midnight hour or that g-files crap
you didn't like anything of it, or?