Author Topic: To my iPhone dudes...  (Read 767 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: To my iPhone dudes...
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 03:33:20 PM »
Does it matter what kind of rice it is?? haha

Kain pm'd me and said try leaving it in the sun

naw, just regular old cheap white rice. Don't leave it in the sun though. My friend did that with his and when he turned it back on it had some sort of temperature warning and then crapped out on him two days later, for good.

I did the same thing with my iphone. Got water damage. Wouldn't turn back on......... Was told by several people to put the phone in a container of rice. The rice absorbs whatever water is in your phone & dries it out. They said leave it in there for a couple days & it might be ok. I left it in there for 3 days, took it out, still wouldn't turn on.

So I went and bought a new iphone, and put the water damanged one up on ebay. Sold it for like $200 I think. Then it comes time to ship the water damaged iphone to the winning bidder, so I take it out of the rice & go to clean it up, and it happens to turn on just fine when I press the power button. Everything worked like a charm. I put it back up on ebay (since I just bought a new one) and sold it for $350 I believe.

I guess to make a long story short, leave it in a sealed container of rice for a couple weeks and that may solve your problem.

So you were going to sell your broken iphone to some poor sap on ebay? Thats pretty low doggy, I could never do people like that.

I had it listed as being "water damaged" bro. People are on there buying the water damaged one's as well because they're guessing people haven't tried things like the "rice method" I talked about before. I even had a shop from Florida contact me and let me know that they specialize in rebuilding iPhones and they just wanted the parts so they wanted to do a "buy it now" and have me end the auciton early. I wouldn't try to play someone like that though by telling them it works if it didn't.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »
dropped my fuckin iphone in the rain. it wasnt completely submerged in water. got water in the bottom connector i believe. it vibrates super loud and sounds dont work. i could still talk on it and it works, but the battery is almost dead. im gonna rice it up before i try recharging it.

Rest In Rice Iphone.  :-\

Al Bundy

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 06:45:05 PM »
dropped my fuckin iphone in the rain. it wasnt completely submerged in water. got water in the bottom connector i believe. it vibrates super loud and sounds dont work. i could still talk on it and it works, but the battery is almost dead. im gonna rice it up before i try recharging it.

that sucks man. let us know how the ricing goes

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »

that sucks man. let us know how the ricing goes

it should work, i dont know about a smart fone, but regular fones work after a day when the internals are dry.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 08:00:59 AM »
Well after leaving it in rice overnight, i got my sound back. and it kept popping up with a message saying adapter not compatible with iphone, when i had nothing plugged in, that message is now gone. seems like we're back to normal. only thing is when it vibrates, it makes a loud buzzing sound, which isnt a big deal to me.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 08:36:39 AM »
so today i was in class searching shit through safari cuz class can get boring sometimes and what happens? The screen goes grey. Like it freezes, nothing will work. I exit out of it and everything else works but when i try to go back into safari it goes back to the grey screen and nothing happens.

I get a little scared but i remember that google saves lives. After class i googled the problem and it turns out all you have to do is restart the iphone by holding the power button and the square button? at the same time until the screen goes completely black (even after the power slide off point).

It took a minute to reboot, but it worked perfectly!

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 10:03:56 AM »
The fuck? Mine was not in toilet longer than 2 seconds and after 2 weeks in a sealed container of rice, the shit still wont turn on!

DIP DIP SET SET

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 01:34:08 PM »
who has nova? lets play  8)

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.