Author Topic: Obama declairs war on big banks  (Read 890 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Obama declairs war on big banks
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:14:59 PM »
Is it too good to be true....

as much as it pains me to say it... yes

Health care never was going to pass, and this is not going to pass.

Blasphemy

Re: Obama declairs war on big banks
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:07:17 AM »
health care was never going to pass, and the republican in office is just a excuse for the dems to say they couldn't get it done. God I wish they were more like repubs who couldn't give a shit and passed everything they wanted for push. Only if this congress could get behind the same idea. in the end its all bullshit, but any thing is some progress.

Bananas

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:37:35 AM »
Democrats are the type of chiselers that would ask me to say "developmentally challenged" rather than "retard". Thank God I'm a registered independent. 

The Overfiend

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 04:58:41 AM »
Thats why State technocrats simply run things while politicians take the physical emotional leadership role. Pres Bush Jnr had a free hand to deal out...he played it the way he did and pre-determined, or if you want to be polite about it: layed the stage and setting for Obama's presidency. See....I'm telling yall...politician's agendas are heavily determined by the agenda set by the overall power-structure of institutions around them.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 05:17:57 AM »
Thats why State technocrats simply run things while politicians take the physical emotional leadership role. Pres Bush Jnr had a free hand to deal out...he played it the way he did and pre-determined, or if you want to be polite about it: layed the stage and setting for Obama's presidency. See....I'm telling yall...politician's agendas are heavily determined by the agenda set by the overall power-structure of institutions around them.

Absolutely, politicians have very little control over anything, they are just figureheads.
Secondly the figures being mooted were around 120 billion, so lets put that into context, less than 1% of what has been stolen from the american people
Thirdly it doesn't change the fundamentals of why this happened in the first place
The banks have an inalieable right to create money out of thin air
This is a pr exercise of nothing more than tokenism, if he is "successful" then it's a win in the minds of democrats despite the figures amounting to shit, if he loses it's a win for the democrats to because then they can point to the big bad wolf of the democrats stopping justice from taking place

Matty

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:01:42 AM »
it's too late for this....government have already bailed these dudes out to the tune of trillions of dollars. government always trying to correct mistakes that another government programme or initiative caused or made possible in the first place. the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

conspiracy or incompetence? doesn't really matter so much when the consequences are gonna be the same.

plus, obama wants to be seen as doing something populist becuase his own/his parties popularity is plummeting. let them eat cake.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »
mdogg, how was dancing with the stars tonight?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 09:45:41 PM »
mdogg, how was dancing with the stars tonight?

don't know. you mean that Haiti deal, I watched Conan later in the night, but that was about it. I actually had a paper due this morning for my masters program, so not much TV.

What's up, so how is being home alone on a Saturday night treating you.

health care was never going to pass, and the republican in office is just a excuse for the dems to say they couldn't get it done. God I wish they were more like repubs who couldn't give a shit and passed everything they wanted for push. Only if this congress could get behind the same idea. in the end its all bullshit, but any thing is some progress.

Obama thought he could bring people together and be a uniter, and Henry Reed is a useless piece of shit. Only Pelosci has my respect right now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:05:42 PM by M Dogg »

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 12:30:59 AM »
Doesn't matter, government already bailed the fuckin banks out.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 05:12:15 PM »

How the hell are they progressives? I think you have allowed these words to be redefined without ever questioning it. You start with the heading Obama declares war on banks, which only goes to show how your every thought is influenced by the media. Now we have a situation in which the so called progressives are supporting this headline, when in fact, I was wrong, the amounts being banded around are actually even less proportionately that what I even thought. Your whole viewpoint comes from the following,.....

Obama is battling to get 0.2% of your own money back from the banks and not even in one go, the payment plan is some ten years. This is what the so called progressives are in support of? you have to be fucking kidding me.

Matty

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »
markets were down 3 days in a row after this news, first time since summer last year.

the banks can manipulate a market sell off to scare washington whores if they so wish. stock market is well overdue for a correction anyhow, especially the grossly overvalued US assets. keep an eye out on the markets this week.

there is nothing obama can do while goldman sachs is still standing. real talk yo :pirate:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »

How the hell are they progressives? I think you have allowed these words to be redefined without ever questioning it. You start with the heading Obama declares war on banks, which only goes to show how your every thought is influenced by the media. Now we have a situation in which the so called progressives are supporting this headline, when in fact, I was wrong, the amounts being banded around are actually even less proportionately that what I even thought. Your whole viewpoint comes from the following,.....

Obama is battling to get 0.2% of your own money back from the banks and not even in one go, the payment plan is some ten years. This is what the so called progressives are in support of? you have to be fucking kidding me.

I also said that I don't believe it will happen and then said this will end up like health care. It will never happen.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 05:37:23 AM »

You seemed to be inferring that the republicans will stop it though, not that it won't happen because it's just another piece of political spin which has no substance whatsoever.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »
why would i think the republicans would kill it. it's just as much the courts, and the democrats and obama himself that would make sure it never happens.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »
why would i think the republicans would kill it. it's just as much the courts, and the democrats and obama himself that would make sure it never happens.

What i don't get though is they have clearly stated what the aims of this policy would be, since it doesn't amount to shit, it's not even worth talking about. If the progressives are actually in favour of pursuing 0.2% of what is owed, then they haven't earned the right to call themselves progressives have they?